Reviews for The Adventures of Sister Mary Susan, SJ
fantasychica37 chapter 1 . 1/21
Have I told you how brilliant this fic is?
5SecstoThrowItFB chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
THAT WAS AWESOME! Do that for LOTR!
Virodeil chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
Hahahahahaha! I so love the last sentence... Brilliant!

The humor was subtle but great... and gentle. I never knew one could combine those aspects into one. Thank you for writing this! I beg you make one for Lord of the Rings... :puppy-dog eyes: That would be equally awesome! (Heheheheh... And one gets more materials with the films available out there and the various fanons...)

I am just surprised you did not touch on the slash fanon between Maedhros and Fingon. *grin*

Oh, by the way, I have been wondering about the "SJ" title behind the name... I only know that it is for the male congregation.

Again, thank you for writing! This story actually has many values to share, wrapped nicely inside the cheeky and light tone. And plus... I can't stop from sniggering every time I remember about the last sentence. A good parting shot! (And a plot bunny... Hmm.)

- Rey
lothwen chapter 1 . 8/12/2006
Now this really is funny. What is this nonsence about "the worst fic you've ever written"? Finrod rocks! "I should tell my brother about that." "Yes you should."
Tindomiel chapter 1 . 3/21/2006
I thought this was bloody hilarious.
LOTRlover chapter 1 . 3/22/2003
Oh, witty and whimsical! I read the whole thing through with a wry smile on my face. I don't know how I missed this little gem till now.
alena chapter 1 . 11/8/2002
Well, I have to agree that Sister Mary is far too clever to be your average Mary Sue!

"As is inevitable, one day she fell into her computer."

*giggles*
Oboe-Wan chapter 1 . 11/6/2002
Goodness. I think that's ... well, shall we say, too funny for words?

Although.. I don't think Susan is actually a saint's name. The only religious reference I can think of is Susanna the virtuous wife in the book of Daniel ("Apocrypha? We prefer the term... Deuterocanonical.")

However, I do understand that it's rather critical to the, er... premise. _

Anyway. Totally off the topic of anything, I found myself pondering if she might've been Sr. Mary Susan CSJ - as my mother was a novice in the sisters of saint joseph once upon a time, and notes how "progressive" a lot of them are now. She might've suggested referring to Eru as the "All-mother"... Don't know about the Jesuits, though.

Ah, the triumph of logic and theology over the tragedies of Middle-earth. Prosaic as you make it, it DOES bring a few things into perspective. If I were Maedhros, I would definitely give that whole vow idea a go...

Definiately a good laugh. _
Maia1 chapter 1 . 11/6/2002
LOL!

THIS IS TRULY THE SINGLE FUNNIEST PIECE OF FAN-FICTION I HAVE EVER READ!

I LOVE IT!
Finch chapter 1 . 11/5/2002
If this is the worst you can do... Very clever! Occasionally these Elves (not to mention Morgoth) do need a bit of casuistry. I'm still grinning.
Ellipsis chapter 1 . 11/4/2002
Yay! The original Silmarillion Mary-Sue has arrived! I still think this is hilarious. I love the Elves to death, but it seems that most of them do forget to be logical. A theology school in Beleriand? Now, that would be interesting to read about...

Anyway, thanks for the smile, and remember to take some time out to smile yourself _

- Ellipsis
The Evil Old Woman chapter 1 . 11/4/2002
I'm absolutely astonished at how much I like this, for real-life theological discussions tend to send me running into the road, screaming that I'd rather be hit by a car than continue to listen!

But I love this! It's clever, it's funny, and most important - it's intelligent. Here, at , in a sea of Mary-Sues written by children who can't spell "you", you have posted something witty and intelligent!

Bless you!
Altariel chapter 1 . 11/4/2002
I think this is marvellous, self-deprecating, clever, and witty.
Narya's Bane chapter 1 . 11/4/2002
A very fun story written with a quite exciting twist on the normal storyline- for once, a typical formula with enough twists that I don't feel a need to cringe.

And not at all offensive; trust me, if it was I would be offended at this one.

Dwimordene chapter 1 . 11/4/2002
[snerk] Ok, Sister Mary, SJ. I didn't think there was a female correlate of the Jesuit order. Maybe she's a CSJ? In any case...

Well, although not the most engaging thing you've ever written, I have to say you've managed to imitate Sueness quite convincingly... except for this tiny little problem. Sister Mary actually uses a form of logic, scholastic that she is. Um... correct me if I'm wrong, but 'logic' and "Mary Sue" are two concepts that tend to repel each other violently... you know, like the south sides of magnets or Riley and Angel.

Got a chuckle out of me nevertheless. Thanks!