Reviews for A fool and his Money
Silverkelpie chapter 1 . 7/4/2014
I very much enjoyed the full version, Keays. As I've said before, I think this is so clever and you built up the excitement so well. Adored the ending
InsideOutlaw chapter 1 . 6/30/2014
Clapping hard, Keays! I loved this one from the start to the final line. It was great to witness the master at work and a very entertaining conclusion. Heyes and the Kid withholding their testimony from Mac was perfect and they got their money. Very, very well-done.
Penski chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
Great how Heyes was able to figure out the one cheating, Keays! My favorite lines were (and dang I can't copy and paste them) about them being deeper in the bowels of the house and feeling like they were in a spider web. Very good!
RosieAnnieUSA chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
Terrific story, Keays. Good characterization. the plot flows beautifully. Too many good lines to mention here, but among my favorites are "You boys aren't company. You're family. That's different." from Mac. Not only a good line, but shows motivation of the character. Nice interplay between the partners: Kid reading the newspaper, seemingly not paying attention, but totally tuned into what's happening with Heyes, and Heyes relying on that connection. The best poker playing might be the bargaining between Heyes, Kid and Mac. Each one is playing the hand he's got, to the best of his ability. I enjoyed this very much.
Josephine H chapter 1 . 6/25/2014
A great read today and a lovely surprise too! I really enjoyed the scenario, and at least the boys received some payment (though not as much as they wanted!). And I love the idea of getting a "dimple through the dust." Very easy to envisage ;0)