Reviews for A Scythe Reaps Sorrow
Alpacca Joe chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
Actually, I think it's quite good. Well done. :D It's a bit uneven here and there, but that adds to Seeu's broken nature. I think you should keep writing.
Queen Grapefruit chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
This is a really cool poem, poor Seeu, it reminds me how lonely he must be...
Link Fangirl01 chapter 1 . 9/3/2007
m, I have hair as red as his. Do I have a doll's hair? very angsty, very good.
Shiro Ryuu chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
Hmm. I guess I’m not really the best person to try to critique this ; I’m not usually a big fan of poetry, and generally I prefer poetry that rhymes when I do read it... On the other hand, I DID recently read an entire book of poems, none of which even rhymed, by Billy Collins. ; Well, he’s just amazing... at first glance, his poems read like a casual conversation, and so the fact that they don’t rhyme seems perfectly natural—but he’s got this ability to pick the single best, most beautiful and meaningful (and least cliche) word for everything. So, while I definitely shouldn’t compare you to a past poet laureate (o_o;), here are my thoughts anyway: Some of your images are really good, like ‘shrouded castle’, ‘kill or bedazzle’, and ‘great pain, power, and tension’—but some of them just struck me as cliche, like ‘freshly spilt blood’ and ‘porcelain featured’. Not as if I’m any kind of poet either, but I’ve developed a couple theories—the more shocking, less cliche your words, the better, because being surprised will draw a reader into a poem whereas cliches will just make them zone out. I’m pretty sure this applies to any kind of writing, really ;) Also, I think—though this may just be a matter of personal opinion, so don’t quote me; just something to think about—that it’s really better for more formal-sounding poems, like this one, to rhyme. Of course, maybe it just depends more on the individual poem, I don’t know... But I will say this; if you think it’d be too hard to make the words rhyme, then you should definitely do it; challenge yourself ;) *flails* Not that I want to imply that you actually did think that; argh. It’s just, I think—in a poem, you generally don’t use very many words, so each of them should have significance, and so whether or not it rhymes should be significant too. I guess what I’m really trying to say is that I just didn’t see any reason why this ‘shouldn’t’ rhyme. *nodnod* Heh... *deep bow* I’m sorry if this was too harsh! Like I said, I shouldn’t be allowed near poetry, I don’t really know anything about it... And more importantly, you wrote this like four and a half years ago, so you’ve probably already improved so much that CC on this would mean nothing... Heh, um, at least it gave me something to think about? *d’oi*
Twilight's Aura chapter 1 . 7/20/2006
Talk about expressing Seeu's life in one short poem. o.o
Garowyn chapter 1 . 6/4/2006
Excellent work.
undeadgirlxx chapter 1 . 2/17/2006
That was really good! I liked it! _ I hope to read more from you! _ Please write more...maybe of the other characters like Bambi-chan or Kagami or um...the others...I forgot their names...oh well please write more poems they are good! _
golden-eyedwolf842 chapter 1 . 12/26/2005
This poem is wonderful! Great job with writing this fic! Not many Planet Ladder fics out there, huh? Anyways, I hope that you might write more poetry. It's very nice! :P

Later,

Wolfy
Legend123 chapter 1 . 11/5/2005
This is BEAUTIFUL! I am a big fan of Planet Ladder... Your descriptions are wodnerful. Awesome work! ]
Life Returns chapter 1 . 8/28/2005
Whoa, and I thought me and SIS were the only ones who read Planet Ladder! This describes Seeu very well! I'd say something funny, but I'm tired. Haha! That was a good one!...oh, never mind. What I'm trying to say is, I liked it. Alot.
KFP108 chapter 1 . 8/22/2005
Very captivating . Keep up the great work. Hope you even make a fic about Plannet Ladder but the poem was still nice.
Sorehai chapter 1 . 8/20/2005
Aw, you beat me to doing a Seeu poem. But I forgive you. I think you did a very good job and should keep writing. I could see a sense of imagery from you. Kudos to you. Into my favorites you go!
starnightdreams chapter 1 . 2/10/2004
Wow! This is really good! I really like your poem.. Keep on doing it!
Lena
Sakura Takanouchi chapter 1 . 9/18/2003
Whoa, this was the second planet ladder Seeu poem I've read today. I regret to say I liked the first one better, but this one was very good, and showed Seeu and Planet Ladder very well.
SessyRyo chapter 1 . 5/30/2003
;_; WAHH! Poor Seeu-chan!

I greatly sympathize for him, to have never been able to touch another human being, to lose everyone who cared about him, to be blessed and cursed with the Lunato Mercury, to spend his whole childhood behind a veil of protection and sadness.

Geez, that was corny ( my review, I mean, not your fic _)