Reviews for Courage and Cunning
Guest chapter 45 . 10/21/2020
That was hilarious! I really loved it, like how I liked all of the other chapters
Little Kat1 chapter 1 . 10/17/2020
Love this, I’ve read it at least four times currently, it’s long enough to read once and be able to go to the beginning and enjoy it all over again. There are a few spelling mistakes, but they’re so scarce that it doesn’t bother me, a stickler for grammar. At the same time I wish for more of this story, it was left off on a cliff hanger which wasn’t as satisfying as a proper end might be. The use of real spells is another thing I love about this, unlike the movies there is more unique spell usage and more clever ideas. For those of you who ask why I didn’t say the books, well that is because I haven’t much interest in the original story. It seemed to be good based on how this goes, but Harry was quite vain and ignorant. While reading this story I realized just how flawed the original Harry Potter story was due to the endangerment of children and lack of competent adults. In this there are multiple people who are adults that make an effort to allow the children to learn peacefully and be children. It makes my day to see this, which is because I don’t see it fit of a country to place their safety solely in the hands of an abused child. Another thing I greatly enjoy about this is the characters, Salazar, Godric, and Merlin are all kind, knowledgeable, and wise. Even still they maintain a childish joy in the face of everything, yet also know when to be serious. Both show their weaknesses and face them throughout the story while inspiring others to do the same. Characters who were previously ignored or were utter bigots to everything received spotlight time and an appreciated second chance. The author is truly a genius and deserves awards for this story, something which I personally deem as better than most professionally published books.
Guest chapter 45 . 10/2/2020
Now you made Godric look stupid, for now reason. Shoving his friend in the water after he saved all their necks is NOT cool
KadeBear chapter 65 . 10/4/2020
Man to be honest I was hesitant to read this fic purely due to the premise of it. It seemed way out there, but you proved me wrong quick. I was completely captivated, by the characters and just how HUMAN they seemed. You emphasized their flaws and made sure that we always understood that. And even though Salazar has lived for a crazy long time he's still not a super god like being that can instantly fix everything. An absolutely fantastic read that I highly recommend. Also, even though Godric and Merlin are in the story they don't detract anything instead they actually add more depth. I'm not sure if this fic is dead or not, but I do hope that you continue I've blasted through this story at an insane rate and I do hope to see more in the future! Keep up the fantastic work!
Jemma Blackwell chapter 56 . 10/2/2020
99 bottles song is NOT cheering. Cheering Charm you said. But that is a torture device, annoying in the extreme.
Jemma Blackwell chapter 53 . 10/2/2020
No not mad at you. A LOT has been going on in these chapters!
Jemma Blackwell chapter 50 . 10/2/2020
Peter was killed at a Death Eater gathering and no one has looked to see the dark mark on his arm? Do we have to make wizards out to be that stupid?
Jemma Blackwell chapter 27 . 10/1/2020
A really good chapter. It had everything!
Jemma Blackwell chapter 24 . 10/1/2020
How the heck did Merlin know about needing to get Sirius out? And yes Gordy was very obvious but his middle name was not why, I never thought about an anagram at all. It was his spell casting and how close he wanted to be to Salazar.
Jemma Blackwell chapter 19 . 10/1/2020
OK, that end section is too vague for me. Unless Godric decided to be immortal also and never told Salazar. I know that is probably not it. I also want to know are the founders' headstones and burial sites mentioned in the books anywhere?
Jemma Blackwell chapter 17 . 10/1/2020
I have never heard any explanation of the trace and that is a really good one!
Jemma Blackwell chapter 15 . 10/1/2020
That was a brilliant idea to have a Christmas conference call with the Potters! It actually made me cry, I don't mind how fluffy some think it may be. It was a gift straight to the heart.
Jemma Blackwell chapter 7 . 9/30/2020
I started your story tonight and just kept on going because it is so good. But this chapter was so funny and excellent!
BlackAndBlueAndMaybePurple chapter 37 . 9/29/2020
elohel! tee aych ai ess ai ess eff you enn enn why!
elohel! you pee dee ay tee eeh ess oh oh enn!
threereasonswhy chapter 20 . 9/29/2020