Reviews for Old Cartoon Network vs New Cartoon Network Featuring Steven Universe
thebestkindofstupid chapter 7 . 7/12
I really don't have an excuse for taking this long to get up-to-date with this story. I just don't. I don't want to waste any more time, so I'll just jump right in.

I'm definitely rooting for Old Cartoon Network. The inclusion of the first half of the early 2000s makes this decision very easy for me. There were plenty of good shows after 2004, but a lot of my favorites were part of old Cartoon Network. That's just the way I look at it.

Some of the jokes were really great, like the lemonade bit in the junkyard. Instead of just being a way to get stuff under the radar, it actually turned out to be very clever. I also liked the reference to The Purge with Princess from the Powerpuff Girls. I never thought of that. I liked the bit with Principal Hitler too. I would like to see more of that as a running gag, but at the same time, I also hope it doesn't get run into the ground. Not every joke worked, but I can't think of any examples for the life of me. I could go through the entire story again, but I prefer to wait a few weeks before reading a fan fiction a second time because the jokes won't be fresh the second time around. Bottom line: I'd rather have a mixed bag of jokes than see a comedian play it safe. Playing it safe causes things to get very bland.

Onto the plot, I really like it, and I do apologize if I start to accentuate the negative. It's just a lot easier to explain why something doesn't work than it is to explain why something does work. The concept itself works very well, especially since you went with the multiverse idea. The execution is also very nice, but there are times when the characters try too hard to explain everything. The monologues from Morgan Freeman at the beginning and The Red Guy near the end of Chapter Seven felt natural, but other instances (such as when the only sane men explain their efforts) doesn't feel natural. It's hard to explain, but it feels like a lot of stuff is being explained while nothing else happens. [Aside to all fans] I probably struggle with this too, so please don't send me hate comments about how I'm a hypocrite. [Once again addressing the author] I really like seeing all these different characters reacting to each other. It's really nice.

Onto action, I felt that the fights were, for the most part, well done and entertaining. However, I do somewhat feel it's a little busy having all sorts of characters from all sorts of different shows fighting each other. On that note, I have to look up some of these characters on Google to remember what show they were from, such as Jackie Khones and Cree. You don't have to completely stop having characters from different shows fight, but perhaps you should make it just a little bit less extreme.

I don't really have any ideas (as you requested in the author's notes) right now, but I'll let you know via Private Messaging if I come up with any.

[Looks around for policemen] Hey, fans of Technomaru, if you enjoyed this story, you might also enjoy––Oh, shoot, the cops. The cops found me plugging my story. I gotta get out of here.
irishlad chapter 7 . 6/13
i love this story but i kinda liked that grim eds story better could u finish that plz
jaden chapter 2 . 6/4
catoon network of new
Squirrel-Cat-Gamer chapter 1 . 5/30
OMG! I remember/Know all of these cartoons!
Emma Iveli chapter 7 . 4/12
Oh man I have to leave a reveiw for this chapter...

One thisn you missed a perfect oppruitny after you put down "And knowing is haldf the battle" you should have "KIDS NEXT DOOR!" (which would be sung like G.I. Joe!)

Also Father quoting Pearl... awesome!
Plumalchemyst chapter 7 . 4/12
OH GOD MY FACE IT HURTS FROM LAUGHING XD
Plumalchemyst chapter 6 . 4/8
HOAGIE YOU FOOL NEVER SAY IT CAN'T GET WORSE EVER
undeadenderman chapter 1 . 4/6
new cartoon network all the way!
Plumalchemyst chapter 5 . 4/6
Coolll!
Lyndsey chapter 1 . 2/10
OLD!
PISS OFF chapter 3 . 9/30/2014
Go fucking kill yourself for making this.