Reviews for Anything Her Heart Desires
jedijae chapter 16 . 8/20/2016
This story has been on my to-read list for a while. I generally steer clear of incest fics because it's kind of a squick for me, but this one was very well-done. It treats it for what it is, and you can see it in Anna's reactions to Elsa's...affections. And Ingrid is a delight - one of the best-written OCs I've seen.

Honestly, I'm not sure what all these people who are bitching over labeling are on about. It seems pretty obvious to me that it's Elsanna, even if its unreciprocated. Some people, sheesh.
C A Moore chapter 16 . 11/26/2015
I suppose this story really does show up the limitations of the labelling. To me it is indisputably Elsanna, even outstandingly so, dealing with a romantic interaction between the sisters (thus far not reciprocal). As laid out explicitly in this chapter just because Elsa is with Ingrid doesn't mean her feelings for Anna just disappear, nice subvert of "they kissed & lived happily ever after" btw, though apparently some readers didn't notice.

Someone who was blindly insistent on "straight" (heh) Elsanna might say Elsa/Anna tag was misleading (and it seems did), while someone who is horrified at the thought would say the opposite. I suspect if readers actually set the tags [Elsa,Anna] would have won (coverage and meaning is so erratic that I'm still not sure if the pairings tags are useful). I suspect a perfect system would be more dynamic (though AO3 isn't perfect either) and involve both author and reader input.
C A Moore chapter 14 . 11/26/2015
I'm going to look silly if the last one went though, but I think the internet ate it.
Re-reading this, and apparently re-commenting. Last chapter "One with the Wind and Sky" too perfect, great tie in with the movie (song), and this one felling not concealing.

Overall I have to say what I like about this story is that not only is it a nice relaxed pace to the Elsa/Anna interaction and gentle humour, but that in fact it is quite analytical addressing the relationship in parts - first a quite natural shock and discomfort at those feelings (as much as we Elsanna fans might like to think differently, it is quite a natural reaction), to the recognition that neither of them could bear to lose the sister bond, how far Anna will go for Elsa even without a romantic motivation, how far Elsa will go to protect her - and now realising that no matter how uncomfortable the truth makes them denial is worse we get to a place where Anna is becoming comfortable with the idea Elsa has these feelings (I'm enough of a reductionist to like the discrete phases).

And I'm really enjoying seeing some foreshadowing, and character establishment, in the re-read that I didn't pick up first time.
C A Moore chapter 13 . 11/22/2015
Wow, I never thought about Elsa ending it, but this seems like exactly her style if she did; and the sort of motivation that might make her do it.
C A Moore chapter 12 . 11/22/2015
Love the use of the 'Princess' line, it fits nicely.
C A Moore chapter 4 . 11/22/2015
lmao at Olaf's "delivery", apparently I have to add giggling 10 year old to my set of reading identities.
I generally read Elsanna for fluff, but this story is drawing me in.
Surprised chapter 17 . 10/6/2015
Wow. This was completely different from where I thought the story was going after Chapter 16. I thought everything was going to be swept under the rug. Apparently I should have had more faith.
Noname chapter 1 . 10/3/2015
What a fucking waste of my time. I am mad that you made me read 5 chapters of this, only to have Kristanna and Elsa,OC as the ship, properly mark it for the love of god because wtf... That sex scene was to far to be Elsanna and that's what I came to fucking read.

Delete this comment if you want, but I really do kind of feel tricked into reading something I fucking hate. It's well written, don't get me wrong, it really touched some special places, but your pairings are misleading and the discribtion is too cryptic... Don't make people waste hours reading something that fills them with hate. Thanks...
sedryn chapter 17 . 7/22/2015
Please consider properly tagging this story as "[Elsa, OC], [Anna, Kristoff]". Thank you.
mpsantiago chapter 17 . 6/14/2015
This was a really well-written, intimate, sexy story, with some wonderful humor sprinkled in. It still makes me laugh whenever I think of Olaf's 'delivery' - a message from your Majesty! :) I appreciate that you kept everyone in character, and the OC/Ingrid is wonderful. I wish I could have seen more interaction between Elsa and Ingrid's first kiss, and the epilogue taking place 4 months later. The tentativeness, the awkwardness, the secret meetings, close calls and knowing looks in the hallway. The first time they really touched, made love, and became more comfortable with each other. Between this fic and it's sequel it feels like we've lost something. Quite a bit actually. Perhaps you might consider a one-off fic.
HS39 chapter 17 . 5/19/2015
Just finished reading through the whole fic in one day. I really liked it! I enjoy Elsanna stories, but it was refreshing to see a different (and more realistic) take on Elsa and Anna's relationship.

And that Ingrid's a pretty interesting character so far, I'm looking forward to seeing how she develops in the sequel.
Wim Arnadalr chapter 17 . 4/5/2015
I knew this little Mouse was going to steal my heart. I knew it from the moment she showed up at Elsa's office tht first time.
Wim Arnadalr chapter 5 . 4/4/2015
Damn it. I won't be able to listen to that song the same way ever again.

It used to pull all the strings of my heart.

Now I just giggle like a school girl.
Wim Arnadalr chapter 4 . 4/4/2015
Stupid Olaf. About time Elsa took care of you.
Wim Arnadalr chapter 2 . 4/4/2015