Reviews for Of Kings, Of Pawns, and Of Men
Sanzengarasu chapter 12 . 9/1
Asdfghjkl this is hella amazing and your writing is too. Basically had me grinning the whole way through (just found the story today and read it in one sitting.)
The way you're portraying both Harry and Tom is something I find myself adoring. It basically hit all of my spots on how I like them, with Harry sort of feeling like canon!Harry without being him, if that makes sense. Also love that you're using Pansy Parkinson and Blaise Zabini, as you usually see Dracp and/or Daphne instead. Not to say that there's anything wrong with them, but it's nice to see other characters used more.
Also the "You were a whore for this, and you still are, aren't you?" line is literally gold. Got shivers! Don't have much more to say besides more keyboard smashing and some joyful sobbing ;;
Many kudos to you and thank you so much for sharing this story! (:
GraveRyder25 chapter 12 . 7/29
Eep! Please update if you can, I really enjoy this story.
Too lazy to log chapter 12 . 7/23
Brilliant; I have no words to describe how amazing and real these mind games are between Harry and Tom (Or is it Tom and Harry now? XD). You have no idea how shocked I was when Riddle came out of nowhere and hugged Harry like that; "Youre still a whore for affection arent you?" Damn I dont know who got hit harder by that statement- me or my precious baby boy, who just doesn't deserve that kind of treatment. I laughed in absolute glee when Harry striked back; not so much when Riddle once again proved himself superior in violence in every department imaginable. Violence really wont help Harry; hes going to have to be smart about this and I just love the direction this story is taking, because youre making Harry bloom to his full potential in this way ( youre making him realize about his own dark side and Im just- in so much awe of your writing skills like damn, dont stop its getting too good). I LOVE the Parkinson and Blaise interaction with Harry: call me corny but Hermione and Ron's pure naivety in most stories is getting pretty dull and whenever Harry's put into slytherins in most other stories he always switches them with Malfoy or Daphne or a stupid Pansy as his go to pals. (Also Malfoy the wanker knew all along? Damn didnt see that coming). This new line of unlikely allies is absolutely wonderful- its refreshing and really a different kind of perspective on how the wizarding world works.
I was hoping Harry's real identity would be hidden for a while longer; will that still be an option or is Tom cutting the school year short immediatly and just leaving for the battlefield with Harry in tow?
Also Toms request is beyond strange- I understand it in a way, since in this unlikely war he wants to make sure that he can at least keep an eye out on the one person that can ultimately destroy him; but has Tom figured out Harry might be his horcrux? I was hoping that would be Harrys final trump card (like in the books) but it would be fascinating to see how Harry can distract Ton long enough to focus on the game and not himself if he has THAT advantage taken away from him (is having a living walking horcrux you cant just hide away and forget about an advantage though?). Aahhh i have so many ideas and i cant wait to see what happens next- it doesnt matter if none of what I wrote happens because I love everything youre dishing out right now: please rest up and write whatever you want, when you can.
Standardly chapter 12 . 7/10
I just found this story and so far I'm loving it, the mind games are beautiful. I hope you continue :)
ASnowFern chapter 12 . 7/9
Brilliant brilliant brilliant. We are going into a whole new arc now I’m guessing? Tom is gonna whisk Harry into his death eater hideout and things will get even more interesting. But are they going to just disappear right now or will Harry have time to regroup with Blaise and Pansy? Interesting to see how they aid him once Harry is separated from them.

And how much of an idiot Ron, Hermione and the rest are gonna feel when they find out the truth. Also, will they be able to accept a Harry who has dabbled into the dark arts? Anyway, really looking forward to reading the next chapter! Thanks for this amazing chapter(:
firedraygon chapter 12 . 6/30
Fantastic developments! I like that Harry and Tom are linked even more than once thought. I wonder if it's only pain inflected by each other that's transferred? Great work with this!
chasingskeleton chapter 1 . 6/17
I freaking love this story! I don‘t read Harry Potter fanfiction that oftern anymore, but I keep getting excited when I see that you uploaded a new chapter. I‘m just in love with the whole concept of this story, keep up the good work!
Man this is so interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing how they coexist in the future haha poor harry.
PinkMusicalCherry chapter 9 . 6/10
It wouldn't let me comment on chapter twelve again but I just had to say WOW. The bit where Riddle talks about Harry's love/touch-starved childhood was SO POWERFUL. Really gave him the upper hand in this awesome power dynamic you've created and made me feel so much empathy for Harry!

Waiting with baited breath for more! Amazing!
PinkMusicalCherry chapter 12 . 6/10
Omg this chapter was SO GOOD! Maybe my new favourite chapter! Loved that scene by the lake, omg. I LOVE THIS! I do wish chapters were a little longer but I know it's hard! SO SO GOOD!
PinkMusicalCherry chapter 11 . 6/10
So good.
PinkMusicalCherry chapter 10 . 6/10
BEST CHAPTER YET! So SO SO GOOD! Loved, loved Zabini, Parkinson, EVEN LOVED THE GRINDELWALD SUPPORTERS! So good! Most of all, I LOVE THAT HARRY/TOM INTERACTION IS PICKING UP! Agh, loved th action. How many times can I say loved?
PinkMusicalCherry chapter 8 . 6/10
Hahahaha yassssss love the Tom/Harry stuff. They barely get to see each other sadly
PinkMusicalCherry chapter 2 . 6/10
I do love this! But I think just a bit more written in their interactions. I can't describe what I mean too well haha. If you've read some of the popular Harry/Tom fics - the last I was reading was 'October' I think haha. Fleshed out just a little more would pull me into your world a bit more.

You may have more so as the chapters go on anyway, but I always want to review as I go!
PinkMusicalCherry chapter 1 . 6/10
This chapter rushed across interactions a little but it is only just the first chapter, and I'm so excited by your concept! I shall continue on!