Reviews for A Political Perspective
FadilShameer chapter 12 . 6/18/2019
Please update soon as possible
Hexal chapter 12 . 5/31/2019
Plzzzzzz update soon plzzzzz
Amanthya chapter 12 . 5/24/2019
I'm really glad that Kakashi pushed for being able to at least tell Naruto about his mother, and that he's subtly promoting the (very true) idea that with a single genin vs the whole village for the Hokage, well, the village will come first. He also kept an eye on Sakura's well-being and re-integration with her family, and Sasuke's emotional state, openly sending a clone with him so he'd not be entirely alone and would know Kakashi cared enough to be available in what ways he could (seriously, why don't more fics make use of clones?). He's done well in pulling his genin into an actual *team* and is even benefitting emotionally from it himself. Oh, and I quite liked that he plans to talk to the boys about resource-management, that he and the trio made an arrangement for him to bring dinner-bentos to training, that Sasuke is becoming aware of the options he has to grow in Konoha and truly how powerful his sensei is, that Kakashi intends to make them work on their tempers and impulsiveness, and that he *doesn't* intend to rush them unready into chuuninhood despite not having wanted to even have a team. I like everything, really, but that's what's off the top of my head atm.
Amanthya chapter 10 . 5/24/2019
I'm surprised by some of the reviews, that you've gotten such a negative reaction. I really like the direction this story has been going in, considering political realities that canon glosses over while still giving us some lighthearted moments. (And the sharingan 3-to-1 ratio theory is unique and interesting.) As for Sasuke, in chapters 3-4, you did take me aback on that... but he's young enough and dumb (arrogant and uncommunacative) enough that it hasn't put me off reading.
yukiruhina23 chapter 12 . 5/18/2019
I LOVE THIS FIC! I LOVE THE TEAM DYNAMICS, THE DEVELOPMENTS OF EACH CHARACTERS , KAKASHI'S COMMENTARIES, AND THE WRITING. I love it all. I had fun reading each chapter. No chapter is boring haha. I am just wondering about the bridge. Will it still be named as the great Naruto bridge? I doubt that though hahaha.

I am so looking forward for the next chapters! I'm so excited to know about your take on things on how the chuunin exams would change after having the greatest team dynamics there is (lol). I hope the writing bugs bug you to write more hahaha. I hope you update soon and living your life well. Good luck to your future endeavors, dear Author!
Iskandar06 chapter 12 . 5/6/2019
please update this fic
Zabzab chapter 12 . 5/6/2019
This is overall a good retelling of canon. The style is very good, technically flawless (at least I did not catch any mistake), the characters started with their canon personality, save Kakashi for the sake of kick-starting the butterfly-effect, and they are all growing very organically into something different.

Two things that completely derail what could have been a train of goodness:

Firstly, between chapter 3 and chapter 4, there is an abrupt change in Sasuke's character and reasoning that absolutely. Does not. Make sense.
In chapter 3, he is all gung ho on "proving his worth" and "testing his limits" and then on chapter 4, he pretends it was because he thought it was a test? No, it simply does not work. If he thought it was a test, he would have said it: "Naruto, Sakura, what if it's a test and we fail if we don't go?" Then Kakashi-clone would have stopped the foolish adventure before drama could have been started. It does not work. I can gather from your author note that you were afraid it was Sasuke-bashing on your part but frankly, it wasn't. It's simply how Sasuke is at the beginning of the story. You followed the recommendations of Gwemhyfar (whoever that is) and that was a bad move. As said by a rather inelegant reviewer: "Fuck gwemhyfar, that was a shit twist"[sic]. No hard feelings Gwemhyfar.

Secondly, there is, IMO, a VERY BIG problem with the "Council". It is not world-built at all. Who are they? What are they? What do they do? What is their goal?! Why is Kakashi so concerned with them? Apparently, the Hatake is dead-set on not letting this "Council" have any sort of influence on shinobi affairs so what's the deal? Do they have influence? In this case, why do they have it? Is Konoha not a military dictatorship? In this case, world-build it! Do they not have influence? In this case, why bother with them? For a fic titled "A Political Perspective", we navigate without any visibility as far as politic goes. I don't understand what is at stake because you never show it to me, so I cannot buy into anything happening to the heroes because of this "Council". And you know the problem? The problem is that this "Council" thing we know nothing about... Kinda kick-started the plot. It means you don't have plot. The training, Wave, they become parallel arcs. They are interesting, well written, but ultimately, they are detached from the main question. By a few sentences here and there, you want to make us believe those arc will impact the "Council" but as I said before, we know nothing of this "Council" so it is completely artificial.

Best writing to you.
Guest chapter 4 . 5/5/2019
Fuck gwemhyfar, that was a shit twist
serialkeller chapter 12 . 4/30/2019
Great stuff. Looking forward to more
Fiobri chapter 12 . 4/26/2019
A. Ma. Zing. Your writing is so fluid, the world you describe is believable, the characters you portray pop out and really GROW and every revelation is exciting. It's a different perspective to a familiar story and I. Absolutely. LOVE. It. Thank you for writing. Truly. It has been a great experience and I'll wait to see where you'll take this. Beautiful. Breathtaking. Perfect balance between humor and slightly morbid and protectiveness but not coddling and a fantastic view on how shinobi think! Lovely team interaction. This is what a sensei SHOULD be! That's all I can really say. And I better shut my mouth before I go on a longer rant. Thanks.
Lucis Ambulo chapter 12 . 4/25/2019
I love stories like this: Realistic eam-building and character development where everyone gets a chance to grow, shine and actually have their personal issues addressed instead of just swept under the rug. Keep up the great work!
Guest chapter 12 . 4/24/2019
I can't wait to read more!
naulds chapter 11 . 4/23/2019
I wonder if you're thinking of making Kakashi and Tsunami a thing... It shouldn't be too hard, considering the concessions Wave will have to make for Konoha as payment.

She could be the one that goes from time to time to review the contract, and if she decides to stay the night with the friendly Jounin that saved her father and liberated her country, it's nobody else's business ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Aoi Shinkaze chapter 12 . 4/23/2019
Oh man, this is *good*. I love all stories that feature a competent Kakashi as sensei, and yours is just as good as many others :D

I hope you continue writing and expanding on this story :)
viennese.caffee chapter 12 . 4/13/2019
Great story! A little bit of retelling with keeping characters' behaviour in canon! I like the way you present their team-dynamic.
Sakura has some fair amount of temper, but all in all it's improvement compared to canon, I think :P
Naruto seems to be more mature, but we haven't seen kyuubi yet, so I'm excited for his appearance.
And Sasuke, well, he's not so rude as in canon, he's not sparkly prodigy, but he's good, and you do well showing that bit of darkness that looms in him. So well, that I can't tell if he will stay in Konoha, or if he leaves in the end!
And Kakashi is flawless! :D