Reviews for Breaking Bread
AmeriGirlTN chapter 1 . 10/21/2016
Just read this again and fell in love with it all over again. Thanks so much for all your contributions to the M/M fandom. You're the greatest!
Vivss chapter 1 . 9/30/2016
Great one-shot!
I love how you use the actual lines of the show but in different contexts in your story.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/1/2016
Lovely! I adore Edith and Sybil in this.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/26/2016
I absolutely love Mary's declaration she said at the end. I think she was not only saying it to Matthew, but she was finally realizing what she really wanted. And it seemed realialistc of what people truly want when it comes to relationships. I hope you write more of their story to us.
luvgoround chapter 1 . 8/3/2015
Took them a while, but they finally got there.
AmeriGirlTN chapter 1 . 4/28/2015
Hi
Just rereading this story and have decided that this one and Epiphany are your two best modern AU's. I love the bantering, teasing, and yes, the angst all of which give them some
"meat". So please, write more of this type story. So many of your fans would love it. Thanks ever so much for sharing them with us.
whatsyourpathology chapter 1 . 12/27/2014
You know, you say that you don't like angst but this is a pretty angsty story with a pretty angsty Matthew. Not that I'm complaining, you know my attitude towards these things. I like the Matthew in this story, he's as kind as you expect him to be but he's not a pushover. Even if his vitriol is a little one-note. And I loved Mary's speech at the end. It shows a level of self-awareness that we seldom get to see. It was also very cool to see them transplanted into the modern world but with the family and relational structures intact. It's interesting to see Matthew and Mary as yuppie types and Mary as a modern socialite. It's a natural extension of her aristocratic status but all of the little details are super interesting. I know you have a low tolerance for angst but you should write a multi-chapter saga with these elements even if you have to explore the same themes again.
Eternally Romantic chapter 1 . 12/23/2014
I loved this! Great story!
rc chapter 1 . 11/17/2014
A darling story.
jmar chapter 1 . 10/2/2014
I love this story. Just so perfect, capturing everything M&M - blemishes & all. Mary may never again know real love in canon DA, but 'we'll know', for them, true love. Thanks for a lovely, lovely modern story :-)
eitoph chapter 1 . 8/22/2014
This was really sweet! I haven't read DA fic in fic too long but this was a nice little piece to bring me back.
HeartoftheArtsari chapter 1 . 8/1/2014
This was great! I liked their banter-! :)
eyeon chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
Marvelous! How did I previously miss this? Excellent story and what a brilliantly long chapter! Their "history", the build up, the confrontation, the ending, all so good! Just so you know, you're excellent at "modern" (just as in other time frames)!
New Hogfan chapter 1 . 7/12/2014
I don't know how I missed this story before now.
I really loved it.
I like how you put in characters and quotes from cannon and twisting them to make it modern.
lilyrowan1 chapter 1 . 7/11/2014
This story is simply brilliant! Such a clever premise, perfectly executed and beautifully written. I'm going to re-read it right now!