Reviews for Breaking Bread
lilyrowan1 chapter 1 . 7/11/2014
This story is simply brilliant! Such a clever premise, perfectly executed and beautifully written. I'm going to re-read it right now!
Hillevi chapter 1 . 7/9/2014
Lovely!
Thank you.
andthenwedownton chapter 1 . 7/3/2014
Such a great modern adaptation. You really succeeded in making it accurate to the characters and I loved the way you blended some of M/M's most iconic quotes into it. Just beautiful :)
sweetlikevanillais chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
such a good fic, wish you would continue! love it!
Nenski chapter 1 . 6/30/2014
This was absolutely lovely! I love how you told their story in a nutshell, but you spoke volumes in that nutshell. Loved it!
Palindrome310 chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
Loved it! Their banter and tease, Edith and Sybil play, Tom telling Matthew he isn't one of the lads, the slow realizatio, the confrontation and the happy ending
didyouhaveagoodtime chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
You are such a talented writer! I can't even begin to tell you how AMAZING this story is, and how brilliantly it plays with the trope of best friends being actually in love and rewriting on canon lines.

I think you basically had me at the first line, lol, and the first scene really set everything up for us. The progression of the story is so clever too, and I love that Matthew isn't unaware at all, and neither are his friends, and, when it comes down to it, Mary can easily see what's right in front of her eyes.

Beautiful contribution to the MM AU Fest. I'm honoured you wanted to be a part of it, and let me say this, this fandom is lucky to have you :)
darkblueyank chapter 1 . 6/28/2014
You pulled me in with the "push one of the daughters" line and then when I thought that I was in the old comfortable story track, you went in another direction. Brilliant! Loved how you took the old lines and turned them into something new.

I said it on tumblr and I'll repeat it here: Mary's "I want someone" is priceless; a classic. To know that she has found someone who loves "her curves and all her edges, her perfect imperfections". That's what it's all about, really, in the end.
ameliapemerson chapter 1 . 6/28/2014
You have the gift for sure! AU/Canon...doesn't matter. You just GET Mary and Matthew so well. The give and take, the love, the tension... Oh Such a great reworking of the canon storyline. Well done!
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 1 . 6/28/2014
This was such a lovely story: full of early mysteries to engage the reader quickly, and you painted the picture of unrequited love and then you requited it, and then you gave us an epilogue that made me smile. So many great touches and images and a very good modernizing of the canon relationships and situations. An excellent bit of craft from beginning to end!
Ssnqrq chapter 1 . 6/28/2014
Amazing story you have written, dear author. I am so glad to see so much canon on your modern AU.
theMatthewReview chapter 1 . 6/28/2014
Definitely one long, magnificent, clever, clever, convincing reworking of Matthew and Mary's romance into the here and now. BRILLIANT. Congratulations! Thank you so much.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/28/2014
Fantastic! Love their easy banter and friendship. And of course, that they found their way to each other. What a wonderful story from you! Thank you!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/28/2014
Omg this was sooooooo great! Thank you really for this little tale it was fab!
Jenwren chapter 1 . 6/28/2014
Loved the banter, wonderful, just wonderful. Loved the long chapter
36 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »