Reviews for Breaking Bread
xRaela chapter 1 . 6/28/2014
Wow.

Seriously, this was clearly well thought out and perfectly written.

You put my modern AU and many others to shame. Why have you not done something like this before!?

The characterisation of every character was spot on, even in the modern setting. It fit so well with everything we know about them.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
That was perfect! Thank you so much for sharing.
DAGuest chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
Loved this rendition of Matthew and Mary's modern AU story! Your writing talents truly shined in this story; the way you used cannon dialogue was perfect. The best friend angle was wonderful; they knew each other inside and out and was always there to comfort one another. Mary's speech to Matthew was beautiful. The ending was just so right-married and expecting. Loved it from start to finish! Awesome job as always!
circa1910 chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
Well done. True to characters. Charming au. Plot and dialogue complement each accomplished in one go what many cannot manage in multiple chapters.
EJ96 chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
Love it, great modern fic, love how Matthew felt friendzoned and i loved the ending :)
Willa Dedalus chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
Good things come to those who wait! I love the modern best friends approach to this story and the flow of the scenes. The banter had such building momentum that by the time Edith was dishing to Mary, I was relieved that someone finally told her! Very amusing update of canon with the longing for each other and yet still finding roadblocks along the path.
I was also tickled to see the parade of inadequate men before Mary and her complaints to Matthew. It was a delicious meal this modern AU.
36 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3