Reviews for The Motel
DeejayMil chapter 1 . 12/7/2015
Good lord, my sides. I think you cracked a rib. Fantastic work (although I shudder at how Morgan's itchy trigger finger could have ended if this were any less of a happier tale).

... and there is no way I would stay in a motel filled with frowning clowns. I've played the sims. I know how that ends.

Keep writing!
find me at blodreina chapter 1 . 11/3/2014
I laughed all the way through this, this was the best. :P "I need ice chips! Without them my brain melts!"
Blufirewing chapter 1 . 10/17/2014
Ha! I can so see it.
SilverMoonGrimm chapter 1 . 9/8/2014
Oh my god, I'm dying! 'I need ice chips! Without them my brain melts!' Hilarious!
LoveOtherLemons chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
I don't know how I found this, but THANK-YOU!
FirefliesFlash chapter 1 . 7/11/2014
This was the FUNNIEST thing I've read in a while! I can actually see Morgan and Reid doing something like this! So funny!
Zena Moonbeam chapter 1 . 7/5/2014
funniest story ever! I loved it!
OhWell1960 chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
Funny story. Loved the bickering.
Gubefan1980 chapter 1 . 6/30/2014
That was cute, I thought the whole thing was put up because they are really a couple and wanted ot throw the others off, very clever
Sue1313 chapter 1 . 6/30/2014
This was so funny it had me laughing out loud.
CMisawesomesauce chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
Oh man, I loved that. Nice gunshot scene. That lady is pretty weird. 'Throw the spider in my trashcan!' But I loved the ending and the SUV thing. The bickering made it all even better. :)
Annber03 chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
Oh, yeah, I most definitely laughed. A LOT. My god, where on earth do I begin with this one?

First off, ice chips, Reid? Really? That's the best excuse you could come up with :D? So much for him being "alert"! I love how everyone immediately threw out other excuses as well, Emily trying to use the "women" defense and Rossi just flat out being all, "Senority" in particular.

Second, oh, for the love of all that is good and holy, Reid and Morgan...those two...I just...*Shakes head*. I love these two dearly, but man, even *I* would be like, "Will you both shut up already?" by the end of all of this. But thankfully, since I'm not actively there, I can laugh at it all from a safe distance :p.

I love how Reid reverts into petulant child mode so quickly throughout here. Complaining about the dark, the comments/thoughts about what Morgan's snoring sounds like, throwing a pillow...given he's the youngest member of the team, it's easy to look at him like the "little brother" in so many ways, and that came through perfectly here. And it's just REALLY funny to see someone as highly intelligent and usually mature as him revert to such childish behavior and remarks as well.

And yet, that other side of him still came through every now and again, too...granted, at rather inopportune times, but still. I about DIED laughing at his rambling info about the most poisonous spider. Especially when he was about to go into its, um, less than wonderful effects on male victims. Oh, Reid. I also liked that he used his cunning skills to outwit Morgan with the shower-purposefully messing up the bathroom (I KNEW it had to be on purpose, he doesn't really seem the slobby type to me!) to get back at Morgan for his assumption that he'd mess with the thermostat...that's just great.

Morgan was hilarious here, too. I LOVED him yelling at the person who shouted at them to keep it down from the other side of their room, and I loved his dry, sarcastic remarks to Reid throughout as well (that back and forth in the parking lot, when he had a few words for Reid, and Reid was about to reply only for Morgan to cut him off-nice :p. Though now I'm quite curious what Reid's choice words would've been-we all know he can get a bit cuss-y when he's really frustrated, after all!). And him purposefully driving past the motel a few times-oh, you are evil, Morgan. And the story he spun for all the other people at the motel when they were all so freaked out-amazing. And hysterical. Way to be quick on his feet!

And yet, despite all this, there were some sweet moments-Reid capitulating with the light, Morgan grinning at Reid's remark in the parking lot and letting him into the motel first, and working together on the, uh, "spider" thing-that was just great.

Also loved the way you had everything escalate so quickly and dramatically, too, from the simple issue with directions to the messy bathroom to the dark room to the gunshots (wow. Morgan's temper and sudden defensiveness in overdrive is a frightening thing!)...it was exasperating and crazy and yet you really nailed the ridiculous humor of it all. The morning after was just the most perfect punchline, too-of course, we all figured they'd wind up sleeping so late as a result (love the idea of the broken alarm clock-great little background detail to carry through the story), but then there was the money they had to shell out, and then you HAD to throw that message from JJ in when they were in the car to top it all off-oh, man... And even in the car, the insanity doesn't end for them.

The team's reactions were great, too-could just picture Hotch's exasperation, Rossi's bemusement, and the women's total confusion. I just wish we knew what it was about the one case that apparently left them so touchy with each other before that night! But I love that you left it all mysterious, too, for us to come up with our own theories.

Also, I don't blame Reid at all for being so freaked out by that motel. Those clown pictures sound VERY weird and creepy, especially given there were SO MANY of them (where does one FIND that many pictures like that in the first place?), and rundown motels in general...well, we've all seen a horror movie or two, haven't we? I loved your description of the place-I could picture it in my mind's eye and it really added to the overall miserable nature of their evening.

And now I'll stop rambling! LOL. Anyway, this is an excellent explanation for Morgan's comment in "Exit Wounds"-I shall happily accept this whole incident as the real reason for that statement :D. Poor guys. Hilarious story.