Reviews for Plucking Strings
vampwalker709 chapter 19 . 8/17
Wonder if she will become his apprentice.
The Kromann chapter 1 . 8/14
Definitely curious if Naruto might go farther down his current path or develop/learn new feelings towards others.
Leon Negro chapter 19 . 8/9
This Fanfic is really good, I really hope to read more of him in the future.

Greetings.
Livelikeme123 chapter 19 . 8/8
I'm actually interested to see how he stumbles upon legit human puppetry and how that will change his view on the art and prospective enemies
RavenSummoning chapter 19 . 8/4
I very much enjoyed this story, you write a very good dark/no morals naruto. I think the one in this story mis actually better than cannon. Very well written, and I look forward to the next chapter.
Oh. Shit. I may be wrong, but the only thing I could think of when Naruto thought of pressurized water was him concentrating his Chakra strings to perform Doflamingo badassery. I really, REALLY, hope I'm on the right track
Ghost786 chapter 19 . 8/2
Great story so far. I hope hinata changes narutonans he becomes a lil more sane and happy
HelpfulNudge chapter 19 . 7/30
So I just binged this. It's good. Real good. Well written. Good dialogue. Solid flow. Creative. Original. Great detail and reasoning. If he steals those eyes and implants them, He'll have to pack everything up and leave right away. I can see him just letting his prisoner go after that.
BringerOfStorms chapter 19 . 7/29
While not a fan of the whole war starting gig, I love to read puppeteer Naruto fics. Though he always seems to lose his humanity in the end.
LoganAlexander chapter 19 . 7/29
what a useless storyline. Guess kidnapping girls is your fantasy. I mean we get this whole spiel about war and bla bla which is dumb as fuck and then it just cuts off and turns into a weird writer's fetish fulfillment. I knew there was a reason I didn't remember this story, I just forgot to delete it from my update list. You've tricked me twice into reading this so kudos. This time I won't forget to delete it. good luck with whatever this is.
LoganAlexander chapter 9 . 7/29
What? Why would Naruto do this? This is beyond foolish. Whenever someone writes a puppeteer Naruto they always make him smarter which for some reason always means they figure out they shouldn't care about konoha and have no loyalty and become missing nin. That always cracks me up. If any of those characters were actually smart they would know being part of Konoha is the smartest and only course you should take in the Naruto Shinobi world. Again we see the cliche BS here. ugh.
HelpfulNudge chapter 4 . 7/28
Great work so far. Well written, flowing, good dialogue and characters. Solid work. Creative. I like the detail and focus you put on Naruto's thoughts, reactions, and development. Not too much, not too little.
Kilare T'suna chapter 19 . 7/27
I will be honest. I rarely come across a Naruto I don't like. I like the idea of a puppet using Naruto but a War monger Naruto? No dice. I will continue reading though.
Reaper chapter 19 . 7/22
Love the story keep at it g
Kshail chapter 19 . 7/22
Ehhh not really that interested in the last few chapters. The idea of sparking a war 'sounds good' but in reality it's kind of boring story wise. Maybe it's just me but I find Naruto step by step developing his art to be a better read. Doing that in a war? Well it just doesn't sound nearly as interesting as if there was an emotional component to it. This whole thing with Hanabi is pretty boring as well. I don't see where you plan on going with this.

Well I've read through this pretty quickly and it is an amazing work. Takes it much slower compared to the few other puppeteer fics I've read. Can't say that's a bad thing but it also feels like Naruto's development happens off-screen and is only shown via flashbacks. It's kind of irking as it tends to a 'grand-reveal' style that makes it so we can't really guess at what Naruto can do. For ex. Sealing...all we get are vague 'Naruto can do some stuff with it' none of the puzzling out that should be happening as a mostly self taught ninja.

I feel like I've focused on the downsides a bit too much so here's some high points. I really like Naruto muddling through the experience of having connections with other people and the inner turmoil that sometimes shines through and his decisiveness when it comes to certain courses of actions. Such as orchestrating Sakura's 2nd death. It really does still feel like 'Naruto' the character rather than an OC when you can see his determination in such acts as deciding to pursue his art as fervently as he has. Which ultimately shows that even as a 'loner' he wants acknowledgment.

Kind of stream of consciousness so I was just putting my thoughts down as they came.
1,425 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »