Reviews for Plucking Strings
Astramilitarum chapter 49 . 2/17
Well, it kind of boring.
kekbekmekflekwek chapter 12 . 1/26
How are you still misspelling 'Corps'?

Dude, this is such an easy word that through all of your stories, you never got right. Fuck. No fucking wonder you don't write anymore.
lucasg234 chapter 49 . 1/17
Really enjoyed this story. My only comment is that I think it would have been more compelling if Naruto suffered a bigger loss at some point: he a little invincible in my mind near the end.
Planar-Walking-Entertainment chapter 21 . 1/9
And so the self made disciple of puppetry meets the master. Damn are things heating up.
samaritan17 chapter 2 . 1/6
I queued this story on my phone a few days ago and then got busy. I wish I would have found this story a long time ago. Very well written with a good plotline. I'm never really a fan of the 'Naruto teaches himself an impossible technique' trope, but you've done a good job not making it too unrealistic.
Eryal chapter 49 . 1/5
I f-ing loved this story. The Naruto puppeteer is something that has fascinated me, however I've only found one other story that I enjoy of it...and this story blew the other out of the water.
TheOrangeSpark chapter 16 . 12/28/2020
A war to further his own prestige and reputation... that's Machiavellian to say the very least. A bit dramatic and over the top, as well. What is he, 13? I would have liked if he was aged up a touch in this fic. It'd be much more believable if he were a couple years closer to 18.
TheOrangeSpark chapter 15 . 12/28/2020
Good fight. A little insight into Naruto's mind, to boot.
TheOrangeSpark chapter 14 . 12/27/2020
I knew Naruto would win when he was able to defeat the Sound Trio all by himself. It was a forgone conclusion. I'm also glad that Hinata is not dead.

What was different here that Sarutobi was able to figure out it was Orochimaru? I don't think he had a clue in canon until Orochimaru pulled off his face behind the Sound Four's barrier.
TheOrangeSpark chapter 13 . 12/27/2020
I expected Sasuke to get stomped. Was that a tie or a Rock Lee win? I don't think he'd be able to fight in the next round after unlocking the 5th Gate.

Is that Rasa or Orochimaru up in the booth? If Jiraiya stays up there I doubt that Orochimaru would even make a move. Why has Kabuto let Naruto keep the info cards?

If Hinata is truly dead, this only makes me think that everything Naruto touches wilts away. I wonder how another death of someone he had spent a great deal of tome with would affect him? I refrain from calling them friends, but Naruto doesn't really have any of those. I would say that Hinata is about the closest thing you could get to that, as of right now. It's interesting that we were not shown Naruto's perspective during that entire fight. What's he thinking right now?
TheOrangeSpark chapter 12 . 12/27/2020
Hinata's gullible as all hell, and Naruto is probably going to rip Kankuro in half with water.
TheOrangeSpark chapter 11 . 12/27/2020
Hinata surprising everyone.

Where is Sasuke, anyway? Did he go to Sakura's side? I'm going to assume Sakura's death awakened the Sharingan. Then there's Kakashi... another death. He's damn near used to it at this point, but I'm sure it doesn't make it any easier.

I'm hoping for some Jiraiya and Naruto interaction. Have no idea how that'll go. If anything, Naruto will be interested in his spy network.
TheOrangeSpark chapter 10 . 12/27/2020
Well, my idea just went out the window. Still, I think Naruto is feeling something about Sakura's death. It's just been so long that he doesn't know what it truly was. It feels alien to him.

This was one of the only ways Naruto could possibly get out of this. Having Sakura die a second time and have people believe it was a stroke of luck. If he hadn't fought first there is a very good chance he would have messed that up. Practice with Kin in combat was essential in pulling this off.

Lastly, how is Naruto more skilled in covering up the curse mark than Kakashi? Seems odd. Is simply hiding it's existence from Sasuke enough? I guess that makes sense as to why Kakashi couldn't do that in canon. Sasuke never fought the Sound Genin, which means he has no idea that the cure mark exists. I would have thought that Kabuto's team would push them, but Team 7 finished the exam so fast that they probably couldn't.

Does Orochimaru know he killed Sakura. Kabuto would also know that, correct?
TheOrangeSpark chapter 9 . 12/27/2020
What the fuck. That threat of turning Sakura into a puppet just became way too real. I did not expect this.

Against the Demon Brothers, Naruto wondered if he was normal for not feeling anything after his first kill. Now he's convinced that not feeling something is normalcy. Interesting.

My question is: Did Naruto actually not feel saddened by Sakura's death, or is needing her for the exam some rationalization his brain came up with to deflect the human emotions he may be feeling? Naruto hasn't cared all that much about promotion, though he has wanted to test his mettle against foreign shinobi. Maybe it's both? I could see him using Sakura as a puppet as a way for him to 'keep her alive.' That way he wouldn't actually have to accept her death.

No matter how you slice it, that's some dark shit.

What the hell is he going to do now?
TheOrangeSpark chapter 8 . 12/26/2020
Did Kabuto just get robbed?

I don't see the point in talking about how Anko is dressed all the time. It really isn't all that scandalous in the series, and no characters ever comment on it. Just seems unnecessary to me.
3,065 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »