Reviews for Plucking Strings
Naramyon chapter 12 . 5/21/2020
I really don't get Baki.
Lying, stealing, and cheating is what shinobi DO. There can't be a diplomatic incident over this because that would mean Suna admits they can't keep their own secrets. If they make a big deal over a non-Suna puppeteer then they'd become the laughing stock of the Elemental Nations.

And Naruto DIDN'T reverse engineer Suna puppetry. He completely invented his own.

Proud of Hinata for asking for help.
Kana still gives me the creeps, I though.

Evil, teasing Hinata like that.

Cutting through stone with water? :)
Naramyon chapter 11 . 5/21/2020
Wait, why is Naruto fighting AGAIN? He already beat TenTen and passed the pelims.
Oh, that's not what Hatake meant.

Kiba vs Kankuro. I look forward to seeing what tricks Naruto learned from that bout.

Oo-rah! Hinata did well. :) Atta girl!

Welp... That's over. What next?
Naramyon chapter 10 . 5/21/2020
...not proud of him at this moment. But I'm reassured by how much Naruto is disgusted with himself.
Like this... Yeah, I can see how Sasori made the jump.

Oh my god, please tell me he didn't make Sakura a puppet. Please. His workshop scared her so much.

Hmm. I'm glad that Naruto finds puppetry with corpses to be repulsive, and something he won't pursue.
I also can't help but think how the "poor puppetry" he's showcasing will help him later.

...puppets can't bleed, but neither can corpses.

O.O Bodily functions working? Damn. That's... Crazy terrifying, to be honest.
Wonder what the medics will think of the broken neck, though.

Welp. That- I almost feel sorry for Hatake. I definitely feel sorry for Ino. Goddamn.

I don't know how things will go from here.
Thank you for all the time and effort you've put into this story!
I wish you a wonderful rest of your day!
Naramyon chapter 9 . 5/20/2020
Fortunately the Sound team are idiots.
Kin told Naruto that, to win, he needs to get back to his team.

Trying to make a bargain before learn if your opponent values their comrades was a near fatal mistake.

...corpse puppetry... Bit more like Akasuna no Sasori than I honestly feel comfortable with. Ick.

O.O Welp.
...rest in peace, Haruno Sakura.

I cannot BELIEVE that Uzumaki just talked his way into carrying a corpse through the second exam. Equally surprised that no one caught it. Professional killers see a lot of corpses.
Naramyon chapter 8 . 5/20/2020
Good job talking around Lee. :D

...Did Naruto just steal Kabuto's ninja info cards. xD Couldn't have happened to a better guy.

:3 Taking the opportunity Ibiki gave him to psych out the competition is A. Well done, Naruto.

Noticed that little seal, eh? Can't wait to see what Naruto comes up with.

Omg, Naruto has poisonous blood?! Sweet.
I wanna know, 1) how Naruto learned he has poisonous blood, and 2) how he developed an antidote.
HAVING an antidote is just good sense. You can use it as a bargaining tool if your opponent has effed up.

NOW Sakura and Sasuke care what he's doing. Honestly.

...DID Anko take the antidote vial?
Naramyon chapter 7 . 5/20/2020
That's a clever explanation for why Naruto needs Hinata's help. He picked his target well. (Too bad he doesn't know kagebunshin. That would've helped a lot with the paperwork.)

Naruto's workshop is SO COOL. Sakura is just boring.
Naramyon chapter 6 . 5/20/2020
oh? Assassinating Gatou and stealing his assets a day before the Official Assassination? I'm intrigued.

...dude. Naruto. You just- You are SO LUCKY that Zabuza didn't kill you just for the heck of it. For a SPAR? Really?

hmm... Hatake may notice if Naruto's puppet is suddenly trashed by senbon. Risky.

Where is Naruto getting all of this steel from? Weapons are expensive! xD Though I suppose he scavenges old training grounds, and sells that stuff for scrap to buy new.

THAT WAS FUN! Not surprised Naruto lost there, but he has a lot of potential. Not at all bad for someone who had to reinvent puppetry.
:D Zabuza has a mentor's spirit. He loves watching these younger kids grow to be something lethal. - I like him.

So that's Naruto's plan. It's a solid business deal, where both parties feel like they're getting the better end. Clever.
Naramyon chapter 5 . 5/20/2020
Clever lad. Learned how to socialize because he needed to be able to make his puppets pass as people.

Appreciating Naruto's thoughts on how he wants to build his own network, and that just because Akasuna no Sasori is an inspiration, doesn't mean he's the goal.

I suppose the Hokage might object to his shinobi going off and assassinating people without order to do so.
But it LIKE Naruto's plan. If the missing nin is dangerous, remove his motivation. If Gatou is dead than he can't pay Zabuza, therefore the nukenin has no reason to kill the bridge builder.

Jeez, Sasuke is kinda... visibly unstable, here. That will be problematic, later. Hope Naruto is prepared for when the Uchiha loses it.

Despairing over Hatake. Dude just isn't making an effort to make a team of his genin. The whole 'teamwork' thing is like a goal which he has no idea how to achieve.

Loving this story! Thank you for all the time and effort you put into this!
Naramyon chapter 4 . 5/20/2020
Why in the seven hells does Hatake DISAPPROVE of Naruto nudging his team into a more effective unit?

"-you gave me my first, after all." - I knew it was intentional. :D Kudos to Hatake for finding the right medium to inspire a gaki.

omfg Hatake, you do NOT tell the enemy jounin WHO just set an effective trap. You are going to get your genin killed!
Okay, but how does Naruto know that it's Zabuza setting off his- OH, right. Naruto knows about the Sharingan Kakashi possesses, and planned for that. Cool!

Guys, that was really cool, but please stop showing off in front of the enemy nin. A shinobi without aces up their sleeve is a dead one.

Haku stepped in to save Zabuza- or both him AND Naruto? Either way, brownie points for saving my gaki.

Downside of being a puppeteer. Naruto has completely neglected his own physical skills in favor of puppetry. Does the kid even have enough speed and stealth to escape a battle once his puppets are down?

Thank you for the story! I hope your day is going well!
Naramyon chapter 3 . 5/20/2020
OH MY GOD, Naruto that is brilliant. Pretending to be a gripping chuunin to get info on Hatake Kakashi. (I'm dismayed that it's working, because WOW, village security, but this is too glorious to stay upset.)

Dang, I should've assumed puppet- I hadn't realized that Naruto had surpassed the point of Uncanny Valley with those. Dami must be able to appear to breathe and blink like a person, after all.
I wanna know how Naruto does the speech, though. (And what happened to the consumed alcohol?)

Ventriloquism? That is SUPERB.

Are those actually Sasuke and Sakura, or more puppets?

...I'm guessing that Hatake was supposed to say, "-there are only TWO bells." ? Or is that "only three bells" why Naruto is giving Kakashi a confused expression?

'Ramia'. Lamia, but the Japanese language doesn't have a sound for 'L'. Clever. :D

Masterful manipulation of both his teammates. I can't decide if that counts as teamwork or not, honestly. Naruto DID convince them both to work with his plan, and they agreed. But, for un-teamwork reasons.

jaldkfjalsdkfjalksdjf l "crazy dango lady"
Anko sent a child into the Forest of Death and the kiddo came out with a giant snake. xD
Amazing.

I'm loving this story but I desperately need sleep. Thank you for all the time and effort you've poured into this! I wish you a lovely rest of your day!
Naramyon chapter 2 . 5/19/2020
omfg, that idiot chuunin. An academy student just showed aptitude in a skill that's a specialty of a foreign village. AND he obviously knows the Konoha Academy Standard well enough to puppet it, as well. gorram.

ah. Lost faith in the Hokage, there. Too bad, Sarutobi.

hah. :D Clever of Naruto, to take the ban on puppetry as a training exercise. I'm proud of him.

hmm, it's nice to see that Umino-sensei at least acknowledges Naruto's skill and intelligence. I do wonder why the kid is purposefully trashing his grades, though. (I bet it's brilliant.)

YOU ACCIDENTALLY FILLED YOU APARTMENT WITH POISON? How are his neighbors still alive?

Puppeteering a bird corpse is kinda creepy, but useful, I suppose.

omg Hatake you idiot. You _skipped the intelligence report_? tut tut. May Uzumaki have mercy on your soul. (Doesn't look like that's in Naruto's plans, though.)
Naramyon chapter 1 . 5/19/2020
Well done, Hatake. He gave Naruto something to DO instead of just flounder.
Kakashi definitely left the bingo book behind on purpose. Wonder what he wanted the kid to pick up from that, though.

Kudos to the librarian for being some small measure of helpful. Not that I blame him for lack of belief that a small child could reinvent the wheel when it comes to combat puppetry.

I noticed that Naruto's PoV picked up more advanced vocabulary after that six month time skip. Clever of you.

...Not even seven years old, and controlling a simple puppet? That's IMPRESSIVE.

Fascinating idea! I look forward to seeing where you go with this!
I wish you a wonderful rest of your day!
Alastor Wolfkin chapter 19 . 5/19/2020
Ye gods, this is brutal. If your writing wasn't so damn captivating, I might've been driven off many chapters ago. It's hard to follow Naruto's reasoning for warmongering, but I suppose that's because I know how many warmongers canon had. It makes it feel like Naruto is being unnecessary and oddly optimistic. Like, "humans are too peaceful to start another war without my intervention".
Alastor Wolfkin chapter 13 . 5/19/2020
Oof, this is familiar.
airistal chapter 49 . 5/19/2020
I don't have the talent for writing it it but I would love to see the hidden sand village abandoned by their new Daimyo because having a ninja village made his/her predecessor a target. Likely suggesting they join Konoha as that is where they will be going to employ ninjas from. Leaving Naruto a member of the puppeteer corps that he may be given responsibility to get them up to his standards for the craft.(The most fitting revenge Jiriaiya can give him as a reminder that the Hokage is his superior)
3,152 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »