Reviews for The Blue Hour
reve2weaver chapter 46 . 11/24/2014
Spoiler Alert:
...

This was a great look at all the reasons why Edward and Bella would be unhappy if Edward got his way and did not change her, forcing her to live on his limited terms: the emotional pain of enforced celibacy, Edward always on the outside looking in, the inevitable ducking to Swan as Bella finished college while he stays unchanged. There was a lot of smart insight: how Edward cannot be seen unchanged by Forks friends and family, forcing Bella into a limbo herself. And of course Bella does not stay seventeen: she does grow up, and she not only learns to find her feet, she learns who she is outside of how others define her. while she may have been awkward with the attentions of Mike, Jacob et al, those qualities matured and it made perfect sense to find her chased by handsome and determined men. It is through they eyes of others, do we truly see how Edward has forced Bella to live as an eternal outsider, and how his decisions have not only become detrimental to her happiness, but how her sacrifices are also painful to him. This makes such a good case for how their love had toxic elements to it, and how both their commitment enabled the coming disaster. Such smart and brave writing: bravo.
Yes, Edward and Bella grow apart, long before they are forced apart because the Cullen family will pay the price for Edward's flaunting of the law. How could Edward ask Carlisle to sacrifice his family, Esme, for Edward's brinkmanship over Bella's humanity. that was just ... gah. And when they were reunited, it was such heartfail: devastating because everything Edward wanted for her, has happened. THe road to hell paved with his good intentions, and Bella suffering the double-bind for his silent knowledge that their failure was inevitable. I was late for a meeting because of those chapters, but so worth it. And those final chapters where so poignant, as the reader succumbs to what was there all along, as we come to realize what Edward and Alice knew all along. It was heartbreaking, and yet so poignant and despite the heartfail, it felt right: this was Edward's selfish desire for Bella to live and his larger and ultimate sacrifice writ large and on blowing desert sands. *just ...wow.
While Edward and Bella's break up was painful, is was always contrasted by another love willing to do what was write for Bella, willing to trust in her, and that was what made all the difference. but by this writer's excellent storytelling, it was also inevitable. This story shows all the reasons why being a vampire is tragic, and that despite all their love and sacrifices it remained tragic and toxic, and it was in the land of sun and freedom and community the reader is shown there are other ways to live, better ways. Bella has the right to chose life, one of her own making, and find love that supports her without invisible puppet strings. That was made particularly clear by Edward's true-to-canon characterization: a man with secrets, his high-handedness, his self-denial that would not accept Bella, which was brought home in his admission that through Alice, he had known all along their break up was inevitable: yes, Edward rejects Bella, as he knew he must, so she can live, in an unforgettable and moving ending that made New Moon look as I had always saw it: shallow and unconvincing.
The Blue Hour is tragic by canon standards, yes, but so worth it every painful step of the way. Best thing I've read in a long while: compelling characterizations that were original, and gritty plot-line made this a bona fide heartfail page-turner. Loved it: thank you.
MinaRivera chapter 46 . 11/10/2014
I loved this story from beginning to end. I admit I joined Team Arthur during the whole Charlie getting shot and when Bella started to spun so many lies. I was rooting for that sexy brit from then on. LOL
I look forward to reading the futuretake and see how Edward is doing. While not my favorite, he acted from the right place in the end. I want him to have happiness too.
Thank you so much for writing this story!
xoxo
Mina
so absurd chapter 46 . 10/31/2014
I enjoyed your story very much. I think Bella made the right choice, now that the shock has worn off! And, I think your week is up!
wonderfullybedazzled chapter 46 . 10/29/2014
Did you do a future take for Edward? I don't know if I would want to know. It's just so heartbreaking and I prefer Bella choosing life. Turns out she liked motherhood after all. Three kids?
wonderfullybedazzled chapter 45 . 10/29/2014
Awwww love it!
wonderfullybedazzled chapter 41 . 10/29/2014
That was beautiful.
wonderfullybedazzled chapter 39 . 10/29/2014
I'm kinda hoping she picks Arthur.
wonderfullybedazzled chapter 32 . 10/29/2014
She's pregnant!
wonderfullybedazzled chapter 17 . 10/29/2014
Arthur!
wonderfullybedazzled chapter 14 . 10/29/2014
Hmm, first a rescue by a bear and now a stalking eagle.
wardlyman chapter 46 . 10/29/2014
No offence to your skills. But honestly as soon as your gary-stu OC was introduced with having put a stag in e/b relationship. I knew the ending. She loved edward, but not enough to choose him.

I hope Edward moves on or BETTER yet kills himself. That'll leave a lastinh enpression. Have leave a msg, "I can die knowing she's safe and happy".

But that won't happen huh? He'll just continue to watch from shadows crying Emo tears over a girl he boink'd once and nearly tore her girl living Hea btw.

I'm hot right now. Edwards been wronged imo. Idc what ya say
2old4fanfic chapter 46 . 10/22/2014
sad but true, if I had to choose a life with or without my kids, they'd win, and they can't even turn into otters or wolves, though I'm pretty sure there's a bit of monkey in them
2old4fanfic chapter 45 . 10/22/2014
i feel a bit guilty for being happy for Bella and Arthur and Douglas, but not that guilty
2old4fanfic chapter 41 . 10/22/2014
that was painful, but then I know who I'm reading so I shouldn't be that surprised that they don't end up together
2old4fanfic chapter 33 . 10/22/2014
unprotected nookie with your eagle/bear/tiger/brit imprinter is still unprotected nookie
1,934 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »