Reviews for The Blue Hour
GaijinVamp chapter 46 . 3/30/2015
You are an effing genius! This story cries, yells to be turned into a book. I love Arthur. He is perfect. Bella is very conflicted, but I think she chose correctly too. No matter how many years she loved Edwin, he was never going to turn into the man that Arthur is.
plainjane108 chapter 46 . 3/29/2015
This was such an interesting take on an AU, I don't think I've ever read anything quite like it. And even though I don't really warm to OC's I really fell in love with Arthur. I really enjoyed reading this! I have a few questions though because I'm a terribly curious reader. Okay so. Did we ever get a description of Arthur? Other than him having silver eyes? Because I back tracked and found nothing, maybe I'm just missing it? Also exactly how old is Arthur, older than Edward? And is he some sort of shield as well, since his thoughts are fuzzy for Edward? Or is that just a shifter thing? See. Told you, lots of questions :p

I had a brilliant time reading this and I really really can't wait for futuretakes :D
Guest chapter 46 . 3/19/2015
I have to be honest. I really don't want Edward to be happy with any other female. I truly hope that when Bella perishes, he follows her in death. Or that something drastic happens that leaves Bella on the brink of death while she is still young and has to be changed. Then she would have had the best of both worlds, and have gotten the chance to be with the men she loved. She sacrificed enough for everyone.
And Alice's visions shouldn't always be right. Being forced to live a possible outcome is not living.
Oldenuf2knobeta chapter 46 . 2/14/2015
I'm utterly speechless.
You did warn me that Edward doesn't always come out on top. Lol.
You also made me completely root for a totally new and unique character. So damn clever. Arthur is addition to the usual suspects. Loved he's a Brit (being one myself) and possibly the one and only use of the word "snorkers" in a Twilight Fan Fiction.
Stephanie Meyers should be kicking her own ass that she didn't come up with this plot cos it sooooo much better in so many ways. It's a very very smart and honest idea to have Edward and Alice always knowing that she would one day walk away. As much as we all love the idea of E&B and their HEA, Christ knows most of us would be in big trouble if we married the boy we loved at 17!
You made me LOL and cry...often in the same chapter.
Thank you for this fabulous and moving story.
X
Anita chapter 46 . 1/25/2015
Wow, amazing story, thank you.
Anita chapter 43 . 1/25/2015
Wow! Thank you.
Anita chapter 38 . 1/24/2015
Wow! Thank you.
Anita chapter 30 . 1/24/2015
Wow, so Bella finally gets her human experiences. I think she will eventually outgrow Edward. Great story, thank you.
Anita chapter 15 . 1/24/2015
Hmm. So is Arthur not human, then?
Anita chapter 14 . 1/24/2015
Oh my!
Anita chapter 13 . 1/24/2015
A bear? More supernatural critters?
Thank you.
Anita chapter 9 . 1/24/2015
So they told Charlie! And Edward is telling Carlisle, will Carlisle come along and fix Charlie? Thank you.
solidae26 chapter 46 . 1/11/2015
Wow. That was a rough and unexpected ride. Well do e!
thank you!
orphana chapter 33 . 1/10/2015
Type your review for this chapter here...
MissYesPleaseSir chapter 46 . 12/31/2014
So I read this without realizing that it was *not* going to have a Bella-and-Edward HEA, which is what I honestly usually require to enjoy a story — and I was very, *very* resistant to liking Arthur for quite some time. But somehow, despite my best efforts, you made me not hate him. And then you made me like him. And then you made me ROOT for him, for God's sake, to best *Edward* for her heart (!). How did you DO that? That's some serious damned skill, right there.

I'm thrilled to tell you that out of the 1700 fics I have read (my "favorites list" isn't faves, but actually a log for me to keep track of what I've read!), this is only the 2nd one in which authorial skill in character development has been able to completely overcome what I thought was an insurmountable need in me to have an E/B HEA. (The other one is "A Forest Fire" by bedelia, which of course I highly recommend.) All the more credit is due to you because Arthur is an original character with genuine depth and a recognizable voice and personality, which you managed while still staying within canon but expanding the scope of the supernatural universe that SM dreamed up — a nifty trick, honestly, and not one that many authors will take on, much less pull off with this kind of panache.

Plus, frankly, it would have been *so* easy for Arthur to seem like a knockoff of Jake, what with being a shifter and all, but he is utterly, completely, NOT a knockoff of any kind, but rather a delicious new personage all his own. Which means you managed to untangle the original SM triangle and re-triangulate it in a way that really worked. That's amazing. :)

Thank you for this great story! Cannot wait to read more of your writing. (FYI, I got here bc Violet Bliss recommended Dissonance in her story "Stealing Bella," and after I devoured that one — please update soon, btw! — I immediately went to see what else of yours I could read.) :)

xoxo, MissYes

PS: Yes, please DO put up a futuretake so we can see how things turn out for Edward. I feel more than a little guilty for being happy that Bella and Arthur ended up together, and I'd like to check in on him.
1,981 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »