Reviews for Stay That Way
jessLpfy chapter 1 . 1/25
I was a little confused by the writing style at first but I turned out to really enjoy it and as much as I was confused I realized this is the same way I would write in my journal when I had not the most happiest of may sound silly but I was going to call a hot line one time but I thought I would be a waste to the people who needed more help than me so I stopped myself, so I am glad that Hiccup pressed dial. The only thing I would want to read more about is Aster and Hiccup, I feel like Aster would do more even if Hiccup hung up, like go to his house and talk to him or something. However you were doing time skips so the re is no saying that it didn't happen. You did an amazing job, captured the way people with depressive thoughts think well, and I hope you did not have to experience this. :)
Vidalark chapter 1 . 12/25/2014
I loved this story and I feel that it has a really good message. I went through suicidal feelings before and still do on occasion and it is always good to have a tale you can relate to that reminds you that you can make it you just have to stay alive and find that one reason to cling to life with both hands.
faisyah865 chapter 1 . 11/20/2014
Wow, this is really good! You know, I think I'll suggest this to my friend! Thanks!
GoneRENegade chapter 1 . 10/17/2014
Wow. This is one of the most amazing things I have ever read. It was well written and well, since I have gone through this kind of phase it speaks volumes to me. I teared up while reading it, adding the part that I was listening to Alex Goot's cover of "Maps" was even making the tears fall easily. Thank you for writing this!
SilvisMN chapter 1 . 10/3/2014
That pretty much sums up my feelings on this.
FluteFanatic chapter 1 . 7/5/2014
Wow. This is seriously a well done fanfiction! It's always hard to tackle teenage attitudes towards such heavy issues such as suicide and do it well from a believable POV-very well done! I love the relationship between Hiccup and Jack as well as the modern!AU personifications of all the characters: it shows a lot of creativity and confidence! If anything, my one critique would be to have a little bit more of a flavorful writing style; something very personal to you, and that only comes with a lot of practice (something that I am working on and you're getting there-already better than some of the pros! Remember that Rough and Ready reading? ugh). So you're already on the right track. Great work, love!
cassy1994 chapter 1 . 7/3/2014
that was beutiful and scary and awesome in the awareness and just wow
HuskaAkita chapter 1 . 7/3/2014
I think i gonna cry. It's so emotional and so realistic.
HighGreenBunny chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
This was such a sweet, but sad story. Thank you for writing this. Depression is a terrible thing and nobody should ever have to suffer from it. When I was a teenager I went through a period of time (3 years) of being like this. I got help though. I think it is VERY important to address issues like this. I am glad that Hiccup had understanding and caring friends. Again great story and thank you for passing the message. 3
kitty.0 chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
I want to cry. This is a good thing. I can't really find words for it, right now. I'm sure that people will appreciate this.
kalebxdd chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
Ah, the first review! Always a great honor to snag away from somebody else, muahahaha!

Anywho, I've already told you that I seriously love this fic, and I still mean that. You've created a story in which all the elements flow so incredibly nicely and naturally, it's insane. While it's obvious that suicide is the biggest subject here, it's never too in-your-face, never too pushy. The same goes with Hiccup being gay. Even if this hadn't been fanfiction (where the rules are made to be broken), I never would've questioned that. I'm pretty sure I can't watch How To Train Your Dragon now without associating it with this story xD.

Your portrayal of Hiccup is amazing. You have that 'teenage angst' down so good, it makes me somewhat envious. throughout the entire story you just want to cheer Hiccup up and tell him to not be sad, and when you almost made him hang himself in the bathroom, I was genuinely speechless.
Jack I like even more for some reason. I suppose it's because you've really managed to grasp his silliness and glee. He's never present too much either, he shows up when he's needed.

The ending was just awesome. If I could change/add one thing, I would've liked to see a continuation of Hiccup's call to the suicide hotline. I'm curious what Easter would do, hearing what he heard.
As for the rest, something as (well not really) simple as an accidentally sent text just seems like the perfect way to get the two together. If Hiccup can't find the courage to ask Jack out, his smartphone will :)

Absolutely fantastic job, Marie, this one goes straight to my favorites.