Reviews for Karen Hyde
imaginethat96 chapter 2 . 9/9/2014
love it!
icanhascamaro chapter 2 . 9/10/2014
Nice foreshadowing. I hope there's a chapter three. I'm very interested to know if Karen ate or drank anything. Food and drink was there, nice karaoke battle btw, but I didn't notice Karen eating or drinking anything. Can she? Whether this is Ironhide or Chromia, it's fun as all get out to read. More soon, I hope.
IronRaven chapter 2 . 9/9/2014
"Deal with it. Professionally" could have gone SO differently. "Quite, discrete- how do you feel about the rug?" is where my mind was going.

If this ties in with Reunion, then Ms Ford is probably suffering from a bad case of Chekov's Gun.

And even if this is Ironhide in drag, he just called Optimus "brother in law". Uhmmm... I thought the severed bond broke it all in Cybertronian culture. Or is he going native to? Even if he's right- the Autobots aren't a nation any more, they are one tribe, with a noble family to hold it together, with the chief, war-chief and healer bound together by their mates.
RK-Striker-JK-5 chapter 2 . 9/9/2014
Man, I can't wait to see 'Karen' meet up with Raquel again. Alyssa... dang. I agree drug dealers are scum, but shoot on sight goes WAY too far.
MissMary chapter 2 . 9/9/2014
Well, Raquel learned something, anyway
Harm Marie chapter 2 . 9/9/2014
Liked this.
Serendipity's tears chapter 2 . 9/8/2014
Oh good! You had me worried for a moment there. I was bursting with joy at the sight of a new chapter, and the thought of it ending so soon... Well on to the new one! :D
Quathis chapter 2 . 9/8/2014
I was laughing so hard when you told me who Karen really was. Things just clicked after that, and this chapter especially, made me laugh. And I have more appreciation for the karaoke scene given I visited my first karaoke cafe this past weekend and can better picture what was going on. Also surprised Raquel actually kept "Karen" from getting obvious retribution on her ex. Fun chapter, even with the emotional upheaval. Until next time.
luinrina chapter 2 . 9/8/2014
Oh dear... Working in the legal field myself I know how difficult clients can be at times, but I have to admit, I've never before came across one as stubborn as Alyssa Ford. I think it's great that she's caring for the safety of her kids, but there's absolutely no need to shoot drug dealers on sight near schools. They too are only humans that have a right to live, no matter how wrong it is trying to sell kids stuff that will do much more harm than good. I commend Alyssa for standing up for her morals, but there are less violent and especially *legal* ways to achieve the same goals, without leaving a bloody trail behind you. Megatron and the 'cons truly are a bad influence on her. I'm glad she got someone else as lawyer, though I do feel pity for that person having to deal with so much stubbornness.

The more I enjoyed reading about Hide's dislike of Alyssa. :D

Karen supporting Raquel through the evening with David showed once again how much Ironhide cares about friends and their wellbeing. That he'd even go against David at the end when Raquel says he (David) is not worth it speaks volumes about what Ironhide thought of the man. The friendship both Raquel and Karen have built up is obvious here, and the trust that comes with it palpable. I'm glad to see that Raquel came to a close to this chapter, however painful it was, and can move on, looking forward optimistically.

I was worried for a moment that Raquel would find out who Karen really is when she offered to take her home after she got drunk. Ironhide in white?! :'D I laughed out loud at that one.

The knife was a nice symbol. Raquel has grown to Ironhide and he wants to ensure she's safe when he's not around. He even would have gotten her a gun if not for the restrictions! LOL Oh, Ironhide... :'D

As for the reason Karen gave for her resignation... reading between the lines I'd say she means Optimus. Though, Ironhide usually calls him 'youngling' and not 'old fellow'. That said, he wouldn't call Will 'old fellow' either... But it's clear as a sunny sky that with 'gets himself into trouble all the time without someone to watch his back' he refers to Optimus. So my deduction: Optimus got in trouble and they called Ironhide back to DG. Pity as I would have loved to read more about Raquel and Karen speculating about BBB and his sidekicks. :D

To sum up: Nice chapter! I thank you for that wonderful trade fic and hope to read more about Ironhide and Raquel in the future. :)
Sonic Serendipity chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
Interesting! I assume this isn't a oneshot? You've got a lot on your docket! Jsyk, any time you continue the kinship verse I'll be stoked to read it. Inspiration comes and goes so I get not updating for a time, but jsyk I for one don't mind at all how far you diverge from canon-so if its hard to fit in the later films don't sweat it! Thanks for the the stories and keep up the good work.
RK-Striker-JK-5 chapter 1 . 7/17/2014
Well, good on old 'Hide to make sure Raquel was alright, there. Yeah, the legal system of the US... probably the most bewildering thing for the Autobots to get used to. :p
FatesShadow83 chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
Loved this! Would love to read more if you get the chance or if the muse strikes!
E chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
This was good. Thanks SO MUCH for letting us readers know that you haven't abandoned the "Kinship" trilogy! I've never thought of Ironhide having a female holoform before. It's different, and maybe a little strange, but it works. PLEASE update soon! Good luck with your slowly reviving muse!

P.S. I haven't seen the newest Transformers movie either, but I tend to view it as a bad nightmare. This is based upon seeing commercials and trailers for the film, reading reviews of people and critics who have seen it, and my own personal feelings. Too many explosions and senseless violence, and not enough actual plot. They don't even explain what happened to Sam and the other humans that were Autobot allies! AND THEY KILLED RATCHET! WHY?! I'm hoping that "Transformers: Age of Extinction" has no impact on your awesome fanon. "Age of Extinction" is a good title for the newest Transformers movie, it is killing the series.
kathy3meme chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
What a great surprise! I am assuming Karen is Ironhide. His 'nephew' is Sam and I like the touch of mentioning his 'sister' Sarah.

I would suggest pretending the latest Transformer movie was just a bad dream ( same with Dark of the Moon, actually). It's worth watching because there are transformers, but the franchise has deminishing ability to write a decent screenplay.
Anodythe chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
YOUR BACK! Although you have made an allusion to Karen possibly being Ironhide's holo...I get the feeling it could also be Chromia's. Will Raquel ever find out about the holograms?