Reviews for Stolen Ghost Waltz
4ever.in.love3 chapter 2 . 10/18/2014
Please please please you need to keep this going! Those two chapters were real magic \o/ another chapter would be incredible
Little Cinch chapter 2 . 10/10/2014
Oh, sweetling, maybe you're not happy with it, but I sure as hell am. You have a kind of magic, you know that? So, so good!
whowhatsitwhich chapter 2 . 9/4/2014
I am absolutely in awe of the first chapter. It's so real and honest and full of everything they didn't have to say. My jaw was on the floor while reading. As for chapter two, there is a quiet way that Carol and Daryl have with each other, an language not of words but of glances and silence and small things. You captured it effortlessly. What a great story! I am so glad i found it.
darylsdiva1 chapter 2 . 8/18/2014
You set the scene so wonderfully. I love that it's a tweak on NR's "throw her against a tree in the moonlight" by being a gentle moment against a tree at dawn new beginnings. All of the descriptive phrases reflect the delicacy of what Daryl is doing here: counting eyelashes, hummingbird, robins eggs. I also like the image of their foreheads together, the opposite side of the coin from his forceful use of the same proximity and point of contact with Bob at the Vet college.

I totally agree with the idea that how little Daryl says her name out loud is because its like a sacrament to him. Him saying it here would be so important to her.

And grown up Carl at the end? brushing his foot back and forth in the dirt like Lizzie in the blood? Just a little creepy & wonderful.

One last thing, I'm sorry hon, but IMHO this isn't done. This needs to be a trilogy: a third chapter, from Carol's POV.
darylsdiva1 chapter 1 . 8/18/2014
This was beautiful. Don't know how I missed it until now.

I agree that what Rick did was a betrayal of the relationship that he and Carol had built over the last however many months they had been together. I keep coming back to the joy he had when she was recovered from the Tombs & how he looked when he had to tell her that Daryl had gone off with Merle, the way he comforted her.

Rick loved Carol & what the writers did by having him summarily banish her was ridiculously OOC. Of course I still feel that way about how they portrayed the whole way that Karen & David were killed. Carol was too smart to do it that way-well, actually she was too smart to have done it at all, in the first place, but that's another whole issue.
Ninjafish15 chapter 2 . 8/6/2014
I like it!
Guest chapter 2 . 8/1/2014
I hope you don't mind that I'm going to review both chapters at once... I haven't really written any reviews since the days of LJ, so this is going to be LONG.

I absolutely love the way you write. It's just beautiful. Like this:

"He could just make out the inky black smudge of smoke against the darkening sky, the faint acrid tang of ash leaving a funny taste in his mouth. "

Wow. So many simple, dull ways you could describe that, but it comes out so beautifully. It's clear you choose your words so carefully for maximum impact. And that is incredibly rare. You are very, very talented.

I don't know what your guest reviewer on the first chapter had to say, but, personally, I love the way you see and interpret the characters, probably because it's so close to the way I interpret them. For example:

""Shane was… brash. Bold. Stupid," she said with a light laugh. There weren't words for the expression she was giving him. "But everyone knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that for Shane… Lori and Carl came first. Everyone else was expendable. I was expendable."

His cheeks were wet, the drip of tears into the thick hair of his beard making his chin itch. He didn't care.

"I was always expendable before. A burden. I knew that, with Shane. He'd never led me to believe I was anything else. I always knew exactly where I stood with him." The burn in her eyes went down to the very marrow of his soul. "Shane never called me 'sister', then threw me away."

They were broken, shattered, the rift between them too large to cross. He didn't agree with what she'd done, but he'd come to accept it under the burden of his own sins. Too little, too late. She didn't, couldn't, forgive him.

He couldn't blame her."

I need this on the show. So badly. I want it to be acknowledged. And you addressed it so beautifully. Personally, the biggest reason I am so angry at Rick for everything he did was that he treated her like family and then threw her out. And my rage at him for calling Daryl "brother" after that will probably never go away.

I am horrible about reviewing, but I had to review for that part alone. Because it's so heartbreakingly true and I love that you put it in your fic.

I have no idea why you're not happy with the second chapter. It was gorgeous and heartbreaking. And I love that you write the angst but, like, angst with a bittersweet sort of ending. Because I absolutely love the angst (it is my very favorite thing), but I need some happiness too. Not all the fluff. Just a little bit of the good. And you write that. And it is beautiful. Some may want an apology for the angst, but please don't apologize to me for it. Thank you for sharing all the lovely angst.

"She didn't help, the very nearness of her making his heart pound double time with a hundred feeling he'd never admitted aloud. She always made him twitchy with her proximity, not from nervousness but from sheer wanting, a desire so heady he could drown in it."

Can I just say *sobs* and tell you this line is perfectly, heartbreakingly beautiful? Again, your use of language astounds me.

And now I want to copy about half of the chapter because I can't just edit this part and comment on it separately:

""Daryl…" She was quiet, uncertain for the first time since they'd been reunited. It was humbling and terrifying to know he had such power over her. "You shouldn't… What if I have to leave?"

It was a very real possibility, one that had been playing over and over in his head all day and all night. She'd already been forced out once. He had no idea what had happened between Carol and Rick tonight. He knew they'd talked; he was the one who'd told Rick where to find her earlier. However things had gone down, he knew Rick would have a decision soon, maybe today.

It didn't matter.

He realized he'd already made his choice and if it came down bad between the two, he knew where he was going this time.

"I don't care," he murmured.

He could count every one of her eyelashes, they were so close.

"What about-"

"Carol.""

Yet another thing I absolutely need on the show (but know we will probably never get it). So thank you for providing it to me and your readers in gorgeous fic form. Every little bit of it just makes me want to cry with how perfect it is and how necessary that conversation is. The writers put it out there, the question of who Daryl would ultimately choose and I hate that they didn't answer it and that, to keep viewers happy, they probably never will (though I suppose we can all hope the trailer and filming spoilers have answered that).

And your last two paragraphs? The perfect ending. So happy. And it makes all the angst worth it (as if it weren't written well enough to be worth it in the first place).

You are so very talented. Thank you for sharing this fic with all of us!
itsi3 chapter 2 . 8/2/2014
Great chapter!
Crystal
TheRealSonia chapter 2 . 8/1/2014
That was perfect to me. Very beautiful.
erikasakura chapter 2 . 8/1/2014
A very beautiful end. Perfect.
Thanks for this story.
amber24-03 chapter 2 . 8/1/2014
I'm not sure I will be able to find the words to convey how brilliant I thought this story was. I'm a true fan of your writing. Sadly, I am not able to immerse myself in Carol and Daryl much these days, but I seriously need to make it a point to seek out and finish or start reading everything you've done so far.

I know I've reviewed you in the past and I suspect it was to say much of the same thing. Your writing is like poetry. I think you were a little hard on yourself on the second chapter because OMG, Daryl's POV in that was exquisite. How you described his movements in the first of the chapter and then your writing style went on to take that same tone so we felt his nervous energy and desperation.

It was truly a beautiful moment between the two, and I cannot lie about the massive amount of feels I got from just one statement: tell me you don't love me.

I think this chapter was pure gold.

And the previous chapter was just as brilliant.

I think you detailed a well written confrontation between Rick and Carol spot on. It makes complete and utter sense to me that both would be skeptical of the other going forward, regardless of what Carol did for him with Judith. And it makes just as much sense that Carol would be a little angry w him. She has a right to be.

I think you nailed the characterizations perfectly. And this was just brilliant. Loved!
marshmallowdeviant chapter 2 . 8/1/2014
A whole plate full of wonderful topped with awesome. Beautifully written ( The 'This is what it was then to give yourself up willingly for another' paragraph especially gorgeous), subtle and...sniffle...Want this on my tv screen :') great job!xx
dkflpn chapter 2 . 7/31/2014
I hope rick doesn't try to exile her again, he could. I like the role reversal-her closed and him trying to get her to open up
this was so bittersweet
Cand chapter 2 . 7/31/2014
Together just as they should be. Thank you for this. Beautiful.
Guest chapter 2 . 7/31/2014
I'm not altogether certain what Daryl's going to do, but in order for the character to redeem himself, before he thinks about what's in his pants again, he has to rectify the stupid move he made back at the funeral home. I have absolute faith in both Rick and Carol, that that's going to be their first move, before trying to figure out where they stand with each other. Now, having seen the trailer, I can tell that there is tension between every single member of the group there and it's not just from Terminus. Everybody is dealing with the decisions they made to get to Terminus. I'm sure Maggie found out about Beth and Tara. She and Glenn sit across the room from each other and I'm sure Daryl is feeling the "love" from Maggie. Quite frankly, I expect there to be quite a bit of tension between Carol and Daryl, regarding Beth's disappearance. If anything, Rick and Carol are on the same page.