Reviews for Duplicitous Destiny
WillowingBranches chapter 12 . 10/14/2017
I need an asap on this story asap...
Prince Pondincherry chapter 12 . 10/18/2016
Wow. This is the worst kind of story to leave unfinished. It's just filled with plots and complications and leaving us hanging here means we'll NEVER have any idea what's been going on all this time!
Of course, I do quite like Heretical Edge and Intrepid, so I'm not actually saying you should stop writing them and go back to this. (Atonement's good too, but it's sort of petered out and I'd be pretty satisfied if you let it be for a long while.)
Prince Pondincherry chapter 11 . 10/18/2016
I'm pretty disappointed that Ginny hasn't shown up more. Her getting Sorted into Slytherin could have been really interesting, but so far it was just an excuse for Daphne to show how nice and reasonable she can be and why we should support her.
So much plot! So many questions!
Prince Pondincherry chapter 10 . 10/18/2016
I personally think Harry could quite plausibly like Ginny. They share common interests (Quidditch, Defense) and have shared important experiences (fighting Voldemort in multiple forms, the DA). They've had plenty of time to get to know each other, and Ginny has a forceful personality and is highly competent, which seem to appeal to Harry. (Note he first met Cho Chang as a Seeker, and she was a few years older and thus potentially more knowledgeable than him.) She's also willing to stand up to him and for him and clearly cares about him as a person and not just a war hero. Plus there's the old standby: he's a teenage boy who obviously thinks she's pretty.
That said, I totally agree that Rowling definitely could have made it clearer.
Who did Daphne wipe three seconds of memory from? Herself? I guess there's probably some way to set up a test that would let you figure it out.
Did Sophie almost say "raised human"? Since when are Stranger hybrids in Harry Potter?
Prince Pondincherry chapter 9 . 10/18/2016
I've had the same thought as you mention in your disclaimer, and I've always assumed it's one of the few advantages of a living Horcrux. Unlike a nonliving Horcrux, it's mortal, and lots of things can kill it, but it has more options when trying to keep itself alive, and it has to be killed, not just damaged, for the soul fragment to be destroyed.
I wonder if nobody-seems-to-know-who drew power from the ghosts somehow.
"Ghosts are really superstitious, you know." I love it! And somehow it makes complete sense!
Geeze, it's taken me far too long to realize, but horribly sad family situations are as much a hallmark of your writing as powerful, snarky, intelligent little girls and people freaking out by stuttering a lot.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 8 . 10/18/2016
That magic game was awesome! I definitely liked the short switch in perspective.
I don't really get why the Boneses think Polyjuice is so bad, and boy, was that a contrived way to fix the problem you set up last chapter. (After reading a bit more) Oh, I see, you didn't obviate the problem entirely, you just had Susan solve a small part of it. That's okay then. That was a really creative way for Daphne to ruin the potion.
It didn't occur to me until just now, but Quirrelmort should know that Harry should be dead and not Daphne, and it's in his best interest to let the public know. I wonder if this was his first attempt at doing that.
Your Mad-Eye is still awesome.
Okay, I KNOW this is an AU now. The Cannons stomped someone! (Only kidding, I sure they won SOME games.)
I bet the Ministry actually does have a registry of all known wizards and witches in England.
It's funny how Wood, Ron, and Harry are so into Quidditch that quitting is the most out-of-character thing Daphne has done and the thing likely to receive the most scrutiny.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 7 . 10/18/2016
I think Animagus forms are largely useful for stealth (Prongs was out of luck there) or the edge case of interacting with a transformed werewolf without being bitten. Registering with the Ministry means it's harder to use your Animagus form to spy on the Ministry.
I really like your explanation of how magic works.
Also, your spell creation process sounds familiar. Where have I heard that before *wink wink*? Maybe the other place you indulged the reasonable impulse to actually TEACH MAGIC in a magic school?
Prince Pondincherry chapter 6 . 10/18/2016
I wonder what changed that made Ginny end up in Slytherin.
I now want to see a story that's canon until Ginny gets sorted into Slytherin, where Daphne becomes friends with her.
What the hell? How the heck has Voldemort regained enough power to quietly take Snape's place with nobody noticing AND cast the Mmemosyne (or however you spell it) spell on "Voldemort" without anybody noticing?
And where's the diary? Aaaaaaahhhhhh!
Prince Pondincherry chapter 5 . 10/18/2016
I like what you did here. You totally had me convinced Lockhart was actually competent, but no, it's Bill. Although your Lockhart is certainly much better at Memory Charms than in canon.
It's neat having Bill there as a counterpart to Lockhart in the "really handsome heroic man" field.
Diverting the Hogwarts Express into the lake is a really weird plan, especially considering the train was evidently enchanted well enough that nobody was seriously hurt.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 4 . 10/17/2016
Tonks is another contrived coincidence that I'm perfectly fine with because it improves the story.
Moody was exactly as awesome as he should be.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 3 . 10/17/2016
You're the first person I've ever heard even suggest that the Taboo could be used to their advantage, so it definitely isn't far-fetched that the Trio didn't. As for your specific proposal: they weren't going after individuak Death Eaters at all, and they never did anything permanent to them anyway, so it wouldn't have accomplished anything.
The actual chapter was excellent in a lot of ways, although Luna showing up is pretty contrived. But eh, whatever, this is fanfiction.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 2 . 10/17/2016
That "only Muggle-raised witches and wizards have the Trace on them" thing is a nice example of good use of fanon. Although Daphne did mention that the Trace is also on their homes; I wonder how she plans to get around that.
Muggleborn terrorists are a great idea that I've never seen before.
Oh God, with the terrorists and the Dursleys, it'll be a wonder if Daphne doesn't go all "blood purity"!
Prince Pondincherry chapter 1 . 10/17/2016
Hmm...Harry should be irreparably dead, I think. He survived in Book 7 probably because Voldemort was essentially a Horcrux for him, but since Voldemort hasn't done the ritual in Book 4 yet, that won't work. He's also only in possssion of one Deathly Hallow, or he's not even the Master of Death.
bookworm914 chapter 12 . 5/15/2016
Thanks for posting.
This is a well written story-in-progress with a premise that I genuinely haven't seen before!
I will have to reread more carefully if I want to actually track all the moving pieces, but it seems intricately laid out, and I would eagerly read further installments.
goodmorningcaptain chapter 12 . 1/6/2016
Please continue this, I can't die without knowing what the fuck is going on.
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »