Reviews for The Red Queen
ShadeslayerX chapter 25 . 4/25
Holy...Very well written. You may think of yourself as not good with suspense and psychological stuff, but YOU NAILED IT DUDE! One of the best I've read. Started on the sequel, and I already think that it is going to be just as good as the red queen. Keep going, you're on the right path:3
Ryoji Mochizuki chapter 25 . 4/19
wow
nopeite nopeite nope chapter 7 . 3/5
My names the same as the wihte beowulf.
nopeite nopeite nope chapter 1 . 3/4
does anyone know where to get that cover art?
Artikuno chapter 22 . 2/21
hen I started this chapter I knew what was gonna happen. Aww yea.

Let the Hunt begin.
8ytan chapter 25 . 2/6
I haven't checked if you're still active on here, since it's been almost two years since you finished this, but I'm going to wing it and review anyway in the hope it'll get back to you.

I really enjoyed this. Despite my distaste for 'various members of Ruby's classmates including Weiss and/or Blake attempt to murder her out of jealousy' stories, because I just can't see them panning out given what we know about the characters of those in the series, I was able to put that bias aside and actually enjoy most of this and even get behind the original premise. One of my main problems with those stories is that I can't see Blake as being someone who would be jealous to begin with, or would want to kill someone in cold blood (at least, someone who hadn't committed atrocities against her kind) - so I was pleased to see she was the person who truly regretted what they'd done.

I'm also fond of your writing style. It's a little dramatic in places, at least for my tastes, but it's very ordered and there were few instances where I found that I couldn't understand what was going on. Your descriptions are good, often detailed enough to paint a picture but not detracting from the pace of important scenes. The dialogue is also pretty good, if a bit awkward or odd in some situations.

I figure you must be a pretty big fan of Alice (or maybe Lewis Carroll in general) because a good portion of Ruby's Red Queen persona seems to be inspired by the books, and you even directly referenced Alice in that one canon-not-canon chapter around halfway through. I also got the feeling the references to Ruby's Godspeed (as well as a lot of the aura mechanics in general) were inspired by Hunter x Hunter - although it's harder to say either way with that one since some of the ideas and principles of aura in the actual RWBY already seem to be inspired by the HxH series. I'm not sure if Monty was a fan or I'm reading too much into a few coincidences there.

Anyway;
Overall, I'm just a massive sucker for badass murderer Ruby, and will I'm kinda sad about a few of the Grimm dying (didn't really care for the Nevermores, Ursas, Boarbatusks or Deathstalkers, but I liked Checkmate and the Goliaths as well as the Beowolf pack) I'm super glad Dinah didn't get killed in the end cause she was my problematic fave. I'm assuming (and hoping) she'll be in the sequel. Also hoping that's either finished or still in progress because I'm too fragile to have my heart broken by another unfinished series. :(

Thanks for the enjoyable read, and the excuse to stay up until 6am reading and probably sleep through my meeting tomorrow morning. I hope even if you aren't checking this site much anymore this somehow gets to you, because I really liked the story!

Mew Shadowfang chapter 21 . 1/18
Pains me to know that if I had gotten hooked to RWBY sooner, I would've gotten to know the man better, the mastermind behind the world in which creatures run rampant and everything is a gun.
His legacy lives on. 2 years later, people continue to grieve. Rest In Peace, Monty Oum.
Mew Shadowfang chapter 1 . 1/18
Pyrrha, nuuuuuu. How dare you fall down into that path of darkness.
You know something's seriously messed up when Pyrrha hates you. Either that or its the personality change necessary for an AU.
I personally hope Yang will burn down the school. But if she doesn't, I hope she obliterates several people.
Key chapter 21 . 1/9
Kindly scatter Monty! T.T
kyoanna chapter 19 . 12/29/2016
not sure if anyone else has answered but Dinah was the name of Alice's cat in Alice in wonderland
braindeadmullet chapter 25 . 12/29/2016
Loved this thank you for writing it
kyoanna chapter 3 . 12/28/2016

I've.

Seen.

By far.

I fucking loved it.

Best story so far. I place it at #2.
IntrovertedRabbit chapter 7 . 12/9/2016
PETER WHITE THE OVERLY ATTACHED BOYFRIEND, WHO IS ALSO THE PRIME MINISTER OF THE KINGDOM OF HEARTS. Don't think you want an overly attached Beowulf in your army Ruby