Reviews for Before Woman
heyarnoldfangirl chapter 1 . 6/20
Oh my... this is absolutely fantastic!
Angel-of-Energy chapter 1 . 1/27/2014
Holy mother of God am I over ten years late to read this. You probably don't even log in anymore. But seriously? This was one of the best fan things I've ever read. You've got skill. I hope you're doing well in life!
MorTay3 chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
POWERFUL. Perfect usage of the name Lila. I wonder if the creator of the show knew this.
Scruff the Rat chapter 1 . 6/30/2013
O_O...Damn...just damn...I feel kind of bad for Lila.
rintsukiyomi chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
YES! I always knew Lila was evil! *proud smirk* this just confirms my suspicion! Great story.
Sakura Scout chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
Love this. I'm sick of stories of Lila as a straight on bitch and others as the naive saint. This story tracks her descent/actualization and it's refreshing and ... fitting for Lila as she's been depicted in the show. She's never full on innocent, but she's not exactly evil incarnate, but the potential to be the latter is there. I absolutely adore how she gradually becomes her namesake here. Thank you so much for sharing this.
Approving chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
Lila demonized... in a good way. I approve.
deity of death1 chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
I haven't read HA fics for a long time... but I love how you did this in Lila's POV. It was really refreshing to read. Awesome one-shot!
LateOrliBloomer chapter 1 . 6/24/2005
they have this stupid rule about only one review per chapter, pshh..

so anyway, yeah...i just realized it wasn't "oh-so," it was "ever-so." and i happened to get reminded of that by "Finding Solace/Behind the Blue" (which is a rockin title btw). just thought i'd mention that. for some random nonexistent reason. okay
LateOrliBloomer chapter 1 . 6/24/2005
OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. I LOVE IT! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! DID I MENTION THAT I LOVE IT!

whatever "something" you said you thought it was missing in ur A/N...you're WRONG. DEAD WRONG. WRONG WRONG WRONG. i'm sorry, but you are. it's not missing anything. at all. nuh uh.

it's amazing how you can weave such a captivating intricate story out of LILA. (btw, the whole lilith thing is SO inspired! how the heck did you come up with that?)

i've always thought lila was really interesting. (kinda surprised you didn't use her classic "oh-so-..." thing, but i guess that doesn't really fit in with her character here.) she seemed so innocent and yet kinda really...FAKE. i hated her. HATED her. such a little snot. i was ALWAYS rooting for helga. and i absolutely DOTE on the romance-y episodes. (you know, with the little love triangle thingies? SO fun!) (i especially enjoyed the carmen-parody episode. that was funny; and the lyrics to the song were cute.)

anyway...yeah, i could list a bunch of specific things that i liked about this...but, well, it was really just the whole thing. hard to describe. but i sincerely hope you continue! (tiny request: could you make one about phoebe? i've always thought she was pretty funky. in her own quiet little way.)
Khaila chapter 1 . 2/21/2005
Wow! That is quite possibly the best story I've ever read.

It's certainly well-written and memorable.

Great job!
wallyflower chapter 1 . 5/2/2004
It's an interesting, and truly fascinating characterization of Lila... rather unexpected but welcome. Finally, someone has managed to portray her as more than two-dimensional! :)
Lonestarr chapter 1 . 9/30/2003
Now, I'm a little more sympathetic to Lila than most other "Hey Arnold!" fans, and I feel that (even though it was wrong of her to lead Arnold on) she doesn't deserve to be despised and persecuted the way she is.

That said, this is a very well-done story. You are a gifted writer.
Yardbird9 chapter 1 . 7/4/2003
She's not a very developed character? No. I disagree. What i don't understand, is why many writers who portray Lila as pretty, with a very bad ulterior motive. Probably has to do with that ep "Married", when she tries to take Arnold away from Helga. And that was only a dream.

But i'm impressed how you described a character, such a Lila, in descriptive detail, even though you showed her in hard times.

All i can say is, this is how Lila's life might have been. But it wasn't, in my opinion.

You're a very good writer.
N.U.T.S chapter 1 . 5/28/2003
i must admit... i want to roll in your fanfics like they were feathers, but i can't do that ;) my printers broken.

feeling greedy i'd like to request that you do a story like this about: pheobe, rhonda, big patty, brainy ( i know he's not a girl but he's my FAV), Ruth, Sheena, and i know they're not kids but what about Gertie and one about susie kokashka :D .* i'm just a lil greedy