Reviews for What should have been
SaintMichael95 chapter 8 . 7h
Son Gohan, not Gohan Son.
Japanese names.
Surname before first name.
SaintMichael95 chapter 3 . 19h
It's Vegeta not vegetta
SaintMichael95 chapter 2 . 19h
It's Son Gohan and Son Goku, not Gohan Son and Goku Son. They're Japanese names so the surname preceeds the first name.
NomadicCloud chapter 41 . 9/12
Wonderful story I really enjoyed your version of what Gohan would be like after the cell games and the tone of the story. Thank you for writing this story and I look forward to the next story.
Neo-Devil chapter 41 . 9/5
sooo...you do realize that Toriyama has, and always will be...a Gag writer...even before the original dragonball, he was a gag writer, Toriyama is a gag writer first, serious writer second. So, of course, he's going to treat things as a joke at times, and he FORGETS things all the TIME! He even admitted that he forgot Launch's existence after original Dragonball...which is what led to the super saiyan transformation. yeah, we got the Super Saiyan Transformation because Toriyama forgot a character's existence. He likes to joke around with his characters, He made Goten because he wanted to get back to the feel of Kid Goku's silliness, adding in Goten and Trunk's getting super saiyan as a gag. I wonder if he even planned for Buu during the tournament...either way he made Buu a Manchild cuz he wanted to have fun with his own series.

I mean no offence in this comment, I just thought I'd explain Toriyama's actions so you understand that Dragonball, was not meant to be a serious show, not originally. Hope you take this well, and great Story by the way.
Child Of Dreamz chapter 41 . 8/26
I got to say that that I really enjoyed reading this :D. I came to after finishing Dragon Ball Super after once again being disappointed by how Gohan's character was treated. Thus I went on a search for FanFiction on here that was written to the effect that Gohan never stopped progressing after the Cell Saga. I was a little leery of this FanFiction because of the starting dark tone but as I continued to read it I realized that you were taking it a very interesting direction. One that made a lot of sense considering just what all had happened to Gohan.

Thank you for changing the whole Saiyaman thing as it was completely stupid in the original show. I like how you handled it better. I was also quite pleased that you kept the kids out of battle because to me it just seemed that Vegeta and Goku were making the same mistake Goku had made with Gohan in the first place. Train them up while they're young physically but don't really worry about their whole mental aspect. Plus it irked me how Goten and Trunks behaved during the entire Buu Saga. I wanted to slap them so hard!

Thank you for writing such a great fanfiction! I really enjoyed it and your writing style :D
StarGazer2326 chapter 41 . 7/16
You know when you started writing about gohans tail and mastering the great ape form I honestly thought you were going for super saiyan 4 I'm surprised in how you didn't use it but considering how bad GT was and the fact that it's not even canon anymore it makes sense that you wouldn't especially with the super references.
FyreDrakon chapter 6 . 6/12
quick question here: on namek Dende healed Vegeta with no problem. Why is it a problem now?
stylo1 chapter 36 . 6/3
awesome story, pretty realistic much better then the original. it was way to long for my liking though at least 30%, and to much angst and drama but yeah plot writing characters are awesome
stylo1 chapter 31 . 6/3
so when ppl die you can give them back body parts, so why is gohan having a tail so special? because they are to lazy to give goku his back?
stylo1 chapter 26 . 6/2
what happend between gohan and yamu? uou skipped their fight.
i also fail to understand why the supreme kai didnt just explain goku needed training for an even bigger evil. it wouldnt of made it alright but at least a little better instead they let gohan suffer like that. even if goku was wished back he could have stayed in other world training while every 2 week 1 day at earth, shouldnt of mattered that much
stylo1 chapter 10 . 6/2
seems like videl is suffering from insomnia, hearing voices and all that.
and tellemicus sundance, a lot of ppl knew goku defeated king piccolo, that major guy thr journalist after when he went to find his powerpole etc
Plz stop comparing instant transmission to apparition...its really annoying... other then that this fix has been great!
Keep up the good work!
Tellemicus Sundance chapter 13 . 5/7
Technically, no one outside of their group knows that Goku defeated King Piccolo. Not even the dog king guy, although he definitely did try to meet Goku before he flew off.
Tellemicus Sundance chapter 1 . 5/5
Well, if nothing else, maybe Gohan could use Shenron to wish his arm back into perfect condition again? Unless you plan on him keeping it as is out of 'sentimentality' or punishment. That's been done a billion times over already, ugh.