Reviews for What should have been
BorderLand chapter 29 . 11/20/2019
Gohan is so bad ass in here like future Gohan only one steroids and blessed with the spirit of Guts. This is how he should have been in canon, a total beast who won't die without taking the bad guy with him on the other side and beat the crap of him even in afterlife.
BorderLand chapter 28 . 11/20/2019
Damn I love this Gohan the guy might be the definition of savage but can control his temper then needed and is a knows how to fight to the last drop of blood.
BorderLand chapter 27 . 11/20/2019
So Gohan will be possessed to? Well damn he either snaps out of it himself or the world will end considering how strong he is in this story and that 80% of his powers come from raw emotions being in constant state of berserk rage is the perfect recipe for disaster.
GorrilaVMan chapter 17 . 10/7/2019
carrying on from last comment, because of reasons, just look at the great saiyaman. they eventually dragged in a great saiyamawoman. because after every great saiyaman there's a great saiyamawoman. just so they can: elite senshi ginyu tokusentai talk the same time, talk the same time, talk the same time!
GorrilaVMan chapter 17 . 10/7/2019
shit... this is a awesome story so far... fuck, kind of wish it was cannon. they really kind of just shit canned Gohan after cell. I mean during Buu saga Vegeta just diss the fuck out of Gohan during those three stages of the ship. then it's look whoops... ummm. ok let's do this awesome mystic Gohan thing then. then basically never mention it again (would of been handy with baby, but Gohan is now a intellectual family man who's daughter had a little adventure that made gohan's namek adventure look like a cake walkeven though namek saga is awesome. real version and team four star version)).
After saiyaning that DBZ is still awesome, just can't watch it again without laughing thanks to bing watching the abridged episodes
Avatar Stark chapter 11 . 9/21/2019
This chapter right here is when it becomes clear that this fanfic is doing Gohan more justice as a character than the canon ever did.
Thomas-The-TMC chapter 16 . 7/29/2019
I was enjoying this story.. but I never liked the mating rituals some fanfics come up with. It just doesnt fit well with the species for me.
Navarone2013 chapter 15 . 6/30/2019
That Sayian nose of his is probably more of a curse. Who wouldn’t feel awkward if the guy you like just started sniffing the air as soon as you got wet. Their attraction to each other seems rather one dimensional and a little too physical, but those kinds of relationships do happen, so it’s realistic, just not very romantic. Actually, Videl did notice some of his other qualities(though for the most part she is just checking him out), and they do have a sort of Romeo and Juliette thing going so it’s not all lost.
Oopel chapter 41 . 6/29/2019
Binge read this over the course of a few days. I loved it! Thank you for writing this.
Navarone2013 chapter 14 . 6/30/2019
Wait was the cappuccino thing in cannon as well? I assumed it was just in DBZA. Or was this just a reference?
Navarone2013 chapter 13 . 6/30/2019
She figured EVERYTHING out. Coolio!
Navarone2013 chapter 12 . 6/2/2019
If only Videl knew that Gohan really got that scar when he had a hissy fit and fell. Also, why didn’t she realize that he hates her dad? Why else would he react the way he did when he found out who her pops was.
Navarone2013 chapter 11 . 6/1/2019
I love the comparison of a Super Saiyan to a glowing god. It just feels so right. Imagine one of those coming to earth, he would almost definitely be considered a deity, there would be churches and everything.
Goku was absolutely terrifying as a child if you got on his bad side. He could be a blood thirsty killer one second and then suddenly start smiling and scratching the back of his neck.
You know, I just realized Videl takes the expression spawn of Satan to a whole other level.
And badass Gohan was badass. Too bad that he was seconds away for murdering someone.
Navarone2013 chapter 10 . 5/29/2019
So how exactly did Gohan manage to roughly copy Bardock’s armor? You know, they should probably stop abusing time travel. That was a nice chapter. Was that development for Gohan AND Videl I saw? Nice.
Navarone2013 chapter 9 . 5/29/2019
OH MY GOD why is Gohan a dick? If you think this is ‘what should have been,’ a reason for deviation from cannon would have been appreciated. Like, maybe he was hating himself over his fathers death and decided to go to a nearby village and met a traveling group of teens that taught him the definition of emo and how to dress properly. Also, what was that about him being hesitant about talking about his scar. He could have just said I fell and cut myself on a branch and it would have been true too.