Reviews for What should have been
PheonixFalco chapter 40 . 9/29
Please, do sequel! This story has potential for more.
SonJake21 chapter 40 . 9/24
Well, that certainly was an adventure... There are a bunch of things I would've done differently, but it turned out pretty well. A lot a cringe moments, but I can live with them. This is a very different take on Gohan, I'm not used to reading fics where he's so troubled and dark, but you nailed it. The humour was also a nice bonus.

I'm not easy to impress, but this did the trick. It kept me interested and I constantly felt like I had to read more. I didn't expect it to be so graphic, but it did make things seem more serious. Overall I really enjoyed It and I hope that you decide to write that sequel someday. For now I'll probably read the story again, just in case I missed something.

7/10
Great fucking story I loved thanks for writing it
Awesome story really enjoyed it it'd be neat to see what happens on New Vegeta if there ever is a sequel
TheBurgerSnatcher chapter 16 . 4/25
The fic had a few cringe moments up till this point, but overall was really well written and reasonable. I especially liked what you did with Gohan. All this aside, I knew this moment was coming. After reading a few chapters I could feel it, I could see the little hints you dropped here and there, but I had hope and pressed on. Finally, I come to this chapter, and I find my hopes are cast aside and replaced by your typical Saiyan hormone/mating garbage. How to ruin a decent fic in one chapter. Thanks.
Kiirriittoo chapter 1 . 4/23
I just finished reading your story and have few words left capable of describing it. One of the few being absolutely PHENOMENAL. I would read this a thousand times over, if I had enough time to do so anyway. Thank you for taking the time to write this behemoth of a story, and I hope you continue to make more!
YourBigDaddy chapter 22 . 4/19
This is honestly the weakest reason to transform that I've ever seen in a story.
I'm going to continue the story, so far everything else has been good.
Just saying, I was very close to stopping because of that.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with female super saiyans.
However, they should at least have a good reason for transforming.
This was dumb.
flamelegendvargas chapter 40 . 3/20
I kinda want to see how it'll be on New Vegeta (not the Broccoli hoax one) but I loved the final Buu fight. Your decision to get rid of fat Buu made the arc a lot more interesting, great fic overall, RIP SSJ4, Hail the Blue-per Saiyans.
MAJORMATT1234 chapter 5 . 3/10
BROLLY!
MAJORMATT1234 chapter 1 . 3/10
Nice twist. An actual punishment for killing a Kai.
I'm only have way through this fanfic, but Ria is my fav I'm so glad she went super! Love this stoty
Lee's Legacy chapter 40 . 3/1
And I would also like to point out that, in the mind of a seven year-old, being made fun of consistently could very easily trigger the violent nature that's inherent in the other half of her DNA. Children process things much differently than adults. As a real-world example, I am a girl and my best friend in 2nd grade was a boy. We constantly got made fun of because we were "boyfriend and girlfriend", and it tore me up! I actually got into a literal fight with one kid because of it! Now, however, as an adult, few remarks are able to make their way under my skin. Something like what set me off then would just make me laugh and give them my best grin as I walk away. It's about perspective, and your depiction of her transformation was very believable and honestly perfectly written.
Lee's Legacy chapter 40 . 3/1
I must say, I'm very happy with the way this one turned out! The balance you had with light-hearted scenes, heart-breaking angst, and well-thought out fights kind of floored me! It's been a while for me since I've delved into the world of DBZ, and I'm very pleased to see that there are still gems like this one waiting to be found! This story now has a well-earned place in my favorites section, and I'll definitely be back to read it again before long! Semper Fi, marine!
Like you said, that's what should have been.
This is the type of fanfic i love. Congratulation, with this end you made my day
Sonic the Saiyan chapter 40 . 1/29
Wow... just... Just wow...

I've read the story, beginning to end, over the past week or so, and I must say, that was time well spent. Just, a purely amazing read. I wasn't sure if I could find something to rival my favorite G/V story, but I think I just found its rival in that field.

I can easily see Gohan being depressed after the Cell Games, that is way too easy to see as a possibility. In fact, I'm surprised that he didn't seem to show any guilt after Cell was defeated in the anime. I might say that him almost blowing himself up was a step too far, but even if it was, that scene was packed with raw emotion, especially with the following injury to add.

Seeing Gohan go from cold and distant, gradually warming up to the others at the extent he was going, that was well executed. Pacing was fine and all. However... I do have to wonder about his crime-stopping methods while playing as Bardock. Even as grief-filled as he was, I don't see that as a reason for him to murder common criminals. The cases where they actually murdered others, sure, but on other occasions, that felt a bit extreme.

Not to say I didn't enjoy the darker touches to the story, but mass bloodshed doesn't feel like Gohan, even in these circumstances. The way things seemed to devolve as time went on, felt very fitting. From his first fit of rage since Cell against Broly, down to that particularly gruesome bit against Dabura, then... Wow, and I thought Buu was dark before I read this... I actually feared for the characters, because this Buu was beyond anything the anime put out. The mauling, the constant feeding, geez. This dark Byy, was truly terrifying. Using the Mafuuba to temporarily seal Buu in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber was brilliant, to be honest. And of course, the climactic battle, legendary. I do think that you made the Great Ape form out to be a bit more feral than it should have been, as I'm pretty sure as a kid, Gohan was able to recognize his father and be coherent enough to direct his rage at Vegeta. Maybe that was something to do with more power meaning less control, but eh. I personally would have loved the Super Saiyan 4 route, if it had been taken (I'm kinda the flipside of you in that case, SSJ4 was actually my favorite transformation), but I can understand. This way, the more "skin-of-the-teeth" victory, was great nonetheless.

A couple little things is all. For one, you appear to have Instant Transmission mixed up with Apparation. As far as we can tell, Instant Transmission is just a simple movement. There's no sign of them feeling the sensation of being sucked through a thin rubber tube (ok, THAT was kinda taken straight from Harry Potter) nor is there a sharp cracking sound (same deal). Also, the reason Gogeta had those clothes is because those were the clothes of the Metamorese, the ones who created the technique. Their bodies fused, but the clothes being donned were that of the native race of the creators of the technique. I also want to point out that Kais can't just grant life, not like that. Old Kai, much more experienced than Shin, could only grant Goku life by imparting his own into him, sacrificing himself, but I won't push the issue on that one, because Fanfiction creative liberties. The last thing is incredibly minor, but Kaioken isn't a Kai fighting style, not something all Kais use. It was a technique that King Kai developed, but was unable to use himself. But again, creative liberties, and that one was just something I noticed and my brain nagged at me for it.

So, altogether, this story was a very great read. Sometimes a little too far OOC, but great nonetheless. Gohan's character development was amazing throughout the entire thing, and in all honesty, I would read a sequel just to see how Gohan falls back into his old lifestyle now that all the grief and angst and madness is over. Thank you for an awesome story!