Reviews for All Hail the Time Lord's Son
kcbookslove chapter 15 . 5/22
I couldn't belive my eyes when I found this gem of a story among the other!
Do update soon!
You are a wonderful writer with an amazing language and expression...believe in them and your brilliance and you will be fantastic!
Lots of love from me 3
Tenchi Knight chapter 8 . 4/23
I love Doctor Who. I love Harry Potter. I absolutely love this crossover! And this prank you pulled on Lockhart! The Marauders would bow at Harry's feet. The Weasley twins would grovel at his feet begging for him to train them. It is, in a single word, amazing. Fantastic. Stupendous. Brilliant! Fan-effing-tastic! I know I may be overstating it a little bit, but that's only in your opinion. I have read millions of words of fanfiction, taken in hundreds and thousands of stories, and this has to be one of the most if not THE MOST unique and amazingly executed pranks I have ever seen. I give you a 10/10!
Nevermore186 chapter 15 . 3/7
I wanted to thank you for writing this series, they are absolutely brilliant. I found book one yesterday and I have just finished the second today, I couldn't put it down, despite the list of jobs I had to do.
Thank you again.
Good story. I am really enjoying it. I always like stories where Harry gets to grow up with people who love him. You mentioned earlier that fanfiction cut out words to your story. They did that in this chapter. A couple paragraphs before 19 July, it says:

"He briefly wondered how things might be different if Madam Promfrey hadn't demanded he take his ring off so she could him, or better, if he'd remembered..."

First, it should be Madam Pomfrey. Second, "so she could" what? Heal him? Check on him?
Von chapter 15 . 12/19/2017
“I promise I'm going to talk to the Doctor about it,”

I found this such a fascinating line. Harry’s first response is not ‘I’ll do everything I can to help’ (even if that is talking to the doctor) but ‘I promise I will talk to the doctor’. On top of that, he thinks of the man/refers to him as ‘the doctor’ - not dad. That seems to me to be both sad and chilling.

Sad for the loss of his dad to the figure of the doctor (which twelve year old calls their dad by name? One to whom their dad is secondary in their mind to their dad’s position) and chilling because this Harry has demonstrated a long history dependence in which The Doctor takes the role Wizards feared they would in the Muggle world - that of one expected to solve every problem and to whom people lose their own sense of capability/motivation/independence.

That (and the eyebrow rubbing exasperation of why Draco hasn’t just called Dobby long before now to ask more) aside, I wanted to congratulate you on your writing. I love the sensory descriptive nature of it (excluding Harry’s literal sniffing and licking) and you have some excellent emotionally powerful moments.

Jenny often comes off more spoiled brat than precocious cutie (probably because we almost always see her hitting Harry, demanding things and being angry at him for daring to not prioritise her in all things - this might be cute for some but my own siblings were more of the wide-eyed adoring type!) and you do a great job of writing twelve year olds as close to their age as possible without making them unreadable (like real twelve year olds). Everyone except daphene are multifaceted and flawed (but even she comes off more as ‘the exposition one’ than ‘practically perfect’ so it’s all good).

DocTwo and Rose are interesting even as they (especially the Doctor) straddle the line of canon-realism and too-capable-for-this-verse. I’d love to see more from their perspective as to why they make certain choices they do sometimes. I worry a bit that they’re at risk of being ‘the characters who threaten and never follow through’ but it’s early games.

And finally! None of my beeswax but I urge you to write only at your leisure. The demanding pressure of a reader base too used to free entertainment can be very distressing even to someone with nothing else to worry about - if you’re struggling with mental health on top of that - yeowch!

Thank you for a couple of stories which, even when tugging at my hair and yelling at the characters, I couldn’t put down.
Von chapter 13 . 12/19/2017
*waves* Curious! How is Jack here in this parallel universe with no Tardis to pick him up from 1905 or whatever and is he normal-aging?
Von chapter 10 . 12/19/2017
I was surprised and a bit disappointed by the reaction to the damaging press. On the one hand, going to a capable adult is highly sensible. On the other - this story could become entirely 'and then Harry ran to mum and dad' and that. Uh. Would make an interesting story, in a way! :D My main concern however is not how Hogwarts reacted but for the unmistakable damage done in the wider arena. As Daphene pointed out (and was seemingly ignored), the article caused unnecessary issues on a wide scale for Harry and his family's reputation for pretty much everyone outside of Hogwarts. To leave this unattended seems to me to be like leaving particles of infection in an open wound. Character assassination is a real thing.

It will probably come up later... I just wanted to mention it because it surprised me that the forewarning resulted in Harry having a 'eureka' moment which was - to contest it in the paper. And failing that, to tell his parents. And his parents brushed it off as nothing and seemingly did nothing.

Hm.
Von chapter 8 . 12/19/2017
Talk to the Doctor? Sod that, talk to Dobby! If he serves the House, Draco can ask him straight up what the plan was. :D Sometimes the whole 'the Doctor will know what to do' bit really hamstrings critical thinking.

Also, I remember thinking this earlier, Doctor should TOTALLY get vaccinations. He's only half Time Lord after all. ;) If Wizards can do what no Time Lords in billions of years could do, it stands to reason their bugs could do what no other bug could as well.
Guest chapter 15 . 11/23/2017
cryptologicalMystic chapter 15 . 11/15/2017
:o
FlowingLily chapter 15 . 11/9/2017
I freakin love this story along with 'Dahlia Evans and the Broken Bridge'. As someone with her own mental health issues I want wish you the best of luck with yours.
AnotherGuest chapter 15 . 10/14/2017
Well, Dobby's warning is... most ominous. And the game is really on now. I like how you write an AU that still feels very Harry-Potter-ish.
AnotherGuest chapter 12 . 10/14/2017
Uh oh... if that's a basilisk they are an awefull lot more badass in this story than they probably are in canon (at least I think so, sure Crevey's camera got fried in canon but that was just a normal camera after all). I wonder though what would have happened to the observers who see a basilisk through security recordings and see it's eyes on recording.
The Woman Who Wrote chapter 15 . 9/22/2017
I love this update! And I understand about needing to wait to update for mental health reasons - I've also been quite busy and unable to update my fic as regularly as I want to.
Sommerlee chapter 15 . 9/21/2017
Yay for new chapter! I really like when there's a lot of Doctor & Rose.