Reviews for Proximity
Aislynn Crowdaughter chapter 3 . 2/26
I love this fic. It has the very best solution to the question what would have happened if Harry had accepted the phoenix' mission; the characters are to the point and do not differ from the way they are portrayed in the parent fic;and Quirrelmorths reaction is quick,determined and in character,here. I alsolike the fact that Harry gives up his story of the escape of Bella only after he knows the Demetors are gone, making sure that he does not condemns and betrays his beloved Mentor to death and being tormented by them- even though he did not have a clue who Quirrel really was he would not have betrayed him otherwise. And I like the end; it is clear that Quirel must have had contingency plans in place if his stunt inHogwarts failed. So, this fic works completely, and works well.I really like it.
Thank you for writing and sharing!
Aislynn chapter 3 . 2/12
Awwwww. But at least in this fic, there is hope for the original plan of the elder Tom, aka Voldemort, to have the younger as his opposite, and he never came to hear the second prophecy. Which means the ending would be different, here, too, and Herminoe would not be killed by the mountain troll. So, this development is likely even better...

Still, he now knos where to find his wand, he has his loyal servant, and there is still the other ritual. So, Voldie will Harry has a phoenix.

I like it! :)
The Anguished One chapter 3 . 9/28/2016
So the change of Dumbledore intervening completely alters the rest of Harry's conflict with Voldemort, and arguably leads to a worse path. This outcome seems much worse, now that Voldemort will have time to plan around Harry's phoenix. A good what if scenario, but bad for Harry.
The Anguished One chapter 2 . 9/28/2016
There's the key difference. Harry lives, but Dumbledore knows the truth about Voldemort before Harry does. This'll be fun.
The Anguished One chapter 1 . 9/28/2016
So the difference between this and Innocence is that Dumbledore convinced Harry to go, instead of deciding himself. How much of a difference will that make?
Bushwah chapter 3 . 9/5/2015
Damn.

"Part of him, a part that was as weak as he had wanted the world to believe Lord Voldemort had been, yearned to destroy something, to unleash a burst of destructive magic, to level and burn a vast swath of forest with a thought."

DAMN.

And he thinks of himself as the world's true savior? Is it baroque of me to say that my first thought was "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!"?

In any case. Well done. Very well done.
BretheBabbit chapter 3 . 7/30/2015
Very well done!
kabs9000 chapter 3 . 7/29/2015
kabs9000 chapter 2 . 7/29/2015
Thank you very much for the chapter!
kabs9000 chapter 1 . 7/29/2015
lemon-rind chapter 3 . 3/26/2015
Fantastic alternate story of events. Thank you for the awesome.
Summer Leah chapter 3 . 3/25/2015
I like this story. Wish there were more HPMR alt-fics.
Guest chapter 3 . 3/22/2015
This is damned good, but I'd love to see the next couple of chapters, to see what you'd do with the characters.
mr-soren chapter 3 . 3/10/2015
Very enjoyable read, nice work mate! :)
Jay-F chapter 3 . 2/15/2015
Very interesting and well written, I like your take on the complexity of 'Quirrell' versus Dumbledore's apparent perception of Voldermort.