Reviews for New Year At Shermer High
atomiccounty11 chapter 33 . 11/29/2020
First I have to say YAY! SUPER YAY! Made my night to see an update! So glad you're back hope you keep them coming I absolutely love this story, you are absolutely true to their characters. Thanks for updating!
Moustache1234 chapter 30 . 10/9/2020
Please continue this!
atomiccounty11 chapter 27 . 10/5/2020
This is still my all time favorite! Hope you're doing well and finish this one day.
atomiccounty11 chapter 1 . 6/22/2020
It's been awhile, hope you're being safe with everything hoping you can update soon, this is truly a great fanfic!
atomiccounty11 chapter 30 . 4/21/2020
Ok this is amazing, absolutely in character with everyone. I read your last story last year and started this one as well. I was soooooo glad to see you had continued it and I really hope you continue this, even if it's just a few more chapters to end it but I truly hope not. This is so well written. I really hope Bender sees what Claire has been trying to do and I can't wait to see what happens with Sadie. You said her image would change and that there would be more sleepovers with Claire. I like that friendship. Understandable how Andrew feels about Bender upstaging him but I hope he forgives him. The whole story is great! Hope you are well!
LRAEwrites chapter 29 . 11/6/2019
This story is so engaging and keeps me on my toes wondering what’s next and somehow and never get it right which I love. You do the characters great justice while moving the changing plot forward. Hope you continue to update and life gives you time and inspiration.
Christina chapter 30 . 10/22/2019

Just one observation: It doesn't feel true for Andy's character to get upset with Bender for punching Steff. Andy had always been on the "softer" side, but he had to put up a tough front in order to please his father. Remember he bullied Larry Lester, tackled him in the locker room and taped his buns together, in order to impress his dad? Afterwards, in detention, he expressed how much he regretted doing that, regretted doing something so violent to impress his violent dad, Andy never wanted that. And in your story continuation, I seem to remember a chapter where Andy and Brian talked about how sorry Andy was about attacking Larry, that it isn't "him" to do that, so it wasn't simply about a jock beating up a nerd. And now, with Allison in his life, she is a calming and peaceful counter-balance to Andy's father. I feel like Andy can finally embrace the side of him that isn't all about tackles and hardness and violence. Andy wouldn't be so quick anymore with violence because I think his natural tendency is more peaceful. Plus, having been on the wrestling team, Andy was confident he could easily take Steff and Blaine; Andy knew they weren't threats to him. Steff is always talking shit, but Steff is also weak, with his feathered hair and fancy coat jackets. So Andy was holding back, something Bender wasn't able to do. Maybe Stubby would have been a problem, but Andy also knew that Bender is now his friend and would step into the fray for Andy, if it came down to it. That's why I don't think Andy would feel humiliated and angry at Bender for knocking out Steff.
Christina chapter 30 . 10/22/2019
Wow, an update! Cool!
MssChrstna chapter 30 . 10/22/2019
Welcome back! Great chapter! Love it. Thank you for the continuation. I hope all is well with you.

Just one observation: It doesn't feel true for Andy's character to get upset with Bender for punching Steff. Andy had always been on the "softer" side, but he had to put up a tough front in order to please his father. Remember he bullied Larry Lester, tackled him in the locker room and taped his buns together, in order to impress his dad? Afterwards, in detention, he expressed how much he regretted doing that, regretted doing something so violent to impress his violent dad, Andy never wanted to do that. And in your story continuation, I seem to remember a chapter where Andy and Brian talked about how sorry Andy was about attacking Larry, that it wasn't "him" to do that, so it wasn't simply about a jock beating up a nerd. And now, with Allison in his life, she is a calming and peaceful counter-balance to Andy's father. I feel like Andy can finally embrace the side of him that isn't all about tackles and hardness and violence. Andy wouldn't be so quick with violence anymore because I think his natural tendency is more peaceful. Plus, having been on the wrestling team, Andy can size up his opponents, and was confident he could easily take Steff and Blaine down. Andy had always known this. Steff is always talking shit, but Steff is also weak, with his feathered hair and fancy coat jackets. So Andy was just holding back, with the help of Allison, something Bender wasn't able to do. Maybe Stubby would have been a problem, but Andy also knew that Bender is now his friend and would step into the fray for Andy, if it came down to it. That's why I don't think Andy would feel humiliated and angry at Bender for knocking out Steff.
atomiccounty11 chapter 28 . 4/8/2019
So I realize it's been a few years but I recently found your stories and really hope you are able to finish it!
Rubick chapter 29 . 3/15/2019
It has been quite some time since this was updated, but I wanted to let you know that new folks are still finding and enjoying this story. I love the universe you've created, and I would love to see it completed.
pearlydewdrop chapter 29 . 7/18/2018
I just binge read both of you Breakfast Club stories and can honestly say that they are my new favourite fanfics. I absolutely adore how you wrote these characters. The romantic relationships and the friendships and the way you developed them...SO MUCH FREAKING FEELS! I love how you have everyone go to Brian with their problems and I love how John and Claire's relationship with Brian was developed! I just feel like you get the characters so well and it makes me so happy! I really hope you eventually update this story :)
Rexsnipspercabeth chapter 29 . 4/25/2018
Very good story even recommend the sequel to a friend. Hope you continue it. You are a very good writer!
JP10 chapter 29 . 10/28/2017
Need more! Please come back and finish!
JP10 chapter 17 . 10/28/2017
I feel like I read this before, but it was different. Has it been edited recently? Seems meatier.