Reviews for New Year At Shermer High
Guest chapter 6 . 7/31/2014
Love this! Slow, complex character evolution.
S. K. Steven chapter 6 . 7/31/2014
Did he quit? Did his dad kick him out?

I'm pretty sure that if Erica were kicked out of the group Charlotte would just become someone else's clone. Maybe Claire's? Its just on Claire to make a preemptive strike and somehow get Erica kicked out.
maji343 chapter 6 . 7/29/2014
So glad you did a sequel! I am huge fan of Claire and John but I really like the character Sadie in this story. I think she's perfect for Brian, so cute. Hmmm I wonder how long Andy will stay at Brian's, I guess we'll see :)
MssChrstna chapter 6 . 7/28/2014
Ack. I read these chapters in a matter of hours, so now I have to wait patiently for the next ones. I hope they will come soon.

Personally, I like the direction you're going - obviously, each character has plenty of story to tell, and the added drama keeps things interesting. It's smart that you're keeping things tightly focused around the main characters, and are only introducing side characters as needed. They add enough spice to keep things fresh. But going too deeply into the new characters you've created may lose some appeal of the story, since I'm sure most people are here, as I am, because they want to hold onto the fantasy world of The Breakfast Club.

But I can see that the story may be getting a bit unwieldy at this point, since you're essentially building a plot for each character from scratch. When you get further away from the setting of the film, it gets tricky because you can easily veer off into Corny Town with a bad storyline or contrived drama. My only suggestion would be to continue keeping each chapter tight and focused. Perhaps instead of skipping around on each character's plot line, and speeding through with scant details, and only briefly touching upon thoughts and actions, etc., you can focus on a character, or couple, in individual chapters. So.. if you're churning out 3 chapters at a time, you can focus on each couple per chapter. Or, if you're focused on just one character, to swing the focus onto that character's significant other and/or the person they are in conflict with, etc. The chapters can be punctuated with the Club meeting up, but would be more or less driven by one character (as you did in 'After School,' where the primary focus was Claire, then the group meets.)

Otherwise, I think it is a great read. I still feel like I'm reading a continuation of John Hughes' script. My only real critique is - Bender took Claire's hand, and they headed to her car! Omg, I can't believe you ended the chapter without ANY detail of what went on in there! ACK! Guilty pleasure details should be a must! LOL. :-)
lismrox chapter 6 . 7/28/2014
Great chapters :) I am intrigued to find out what happens next! Can't wait for another update! And I think you have written the characters brilliantly :)
tiffanylambert1994 chapter 3 . 7/18/2014
I loooooove this story. Its so real and I can picture this all as an epilogue to the movie.
Darcy-Bender-Grey-lover chapter 1 . 7/10/2014
YES! Thank you so much for posting a sequel.
HeyNowYa chapter 1 . 7/10/2014
Yay, new story. Great first chapter. Can't wait to read what happens next.
xgracexbenderx chapter 1 . 7/9/2014
I absolutely loved this chapter! I'm glad you decided to continue with a sequel. keep writing, I would love an update soon!
99 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7