Reviews for born to blush unseen
uchihasass chapter 1 . 4h
there are many things to love here, but nothing more than the absolutely stunning portrayal of sakura's multi-faceted strength. i love that she is the epitome of femininity, as she regales herself in beautiful gowns and glittering hairpins, but there is also an undercurrent of ruthless determination and lethal ambition that sits right below that soft exterior. that she is not stripped of one to foster the other is a feat in and of itself (though it shouldn't be, but such is the sad state of female characters in popular media), but you managed it in such subtle but powerful strokes that it really warrants praise. her handing that necklace over to nawaki is a great example. it seemed such an innocent, benevolent thing to do at the time, and a perfectly fitting act of giving, coming from a princess. but she wasn't just giving him an old family heirloom, she was giving him a death sentence. even if she wasn't herself aware of that at the moment, that is some fantastic, bone-chilling foreshadowing, and i loved every bit of it! the phrase 'kill them with kindness' comes to mind here, which imo, is your sakura in a nutshell.

i also love that sasuke is playing second fiddle here. he spent so much time being the center of everyone's universe in canon that this is quite a refreshing switch up. i love the dynamic sasuke and sakura share, that easy camaraderie that is only possible between long time friends, the obvious and potent sexual tension, and last but not least, the unwavering loyalty, the 'i will follow you into the dark' mindset. this is everything i love about the two of them in canon, only the roles here have been flipped.

your prose is every bit as pretty and confident as i remember it being from a few of the other pieces of yours i have read. i'm also impressed by how you were able to seamlessly incorporate all these prompts from the ssmonth into a compelling narrative. unfortunately, i do know how this ends and my heart breaks at the thought of it already, but i am very excited for the journey nonetheless!
Ralitsa chapter 4 . 2/23
This is how ugly life can be and its so tragic how a person can lose and gain everything for the bigger picture. I'm sure you made many people love this story and made them cry. Thank you and good job!
Cryptic Parchment chapter 4 . 2/11
God this was so beautiful and heartbreaking! Why why why! Couldn't anyone be happy... It was so perfectly tragic and I can see the shards of my heart glinting in the sunlight. You are a master, windsilk, a true master who has taken your readers on such a ride only give them whiplashes, pain and closure at the end. I must say, this was not the ending I had envisioned, but it was still beautiful in all it's painful glory.
Thank you for sharing and changing this completely unspectacular day into such an emotional one, which has made me feel so alive, instead of just making the notions of living.
I know that ff authors do not always feel adequately appreciated, but I hope you realize, that your work does impact peoples lives and that you are appreciated by us. So thank you for sharing.
Now I'm going to search your pages for some much needed fluff, my heart can't take anymore .
MyBlanketVines chapter 4 . 1/5
It was. Good ride :)
MyBlanketVines chapter 3 . 1/5
Well after all she's done, she doesn't exactly deserve a happily ever after.
MyBlanketVines chapter 1 . 1/5
Wow, usually it's sasuke the evil one and Sakura tagging along.
AppleD chapter 4 . 1/3
How did I not discover your work earlier? This is one of the best fics I've ever read, albeit short.
It's... very tragic. The kind that will stay on my mind for days. The gradual loss of Sakura's innocence and Sasuke's unwavering loyalty made me fall in love with this fic. Because it's believable. It's simultaneously a happy ending and not.
emmarumbelle chapter 4 . 12/23/2014
This was really really painful (just as i expected), but it left me with a weird feeling of satisfaction that i can't quite place... I don't know, i really enjoyed this fic. I don't know how to put it into words, to be honest. Just, yeah: amazing fanfic.
MyUsedRomance chapter 4 . 12/20/2014
wow - I expected a tragedy but not the heartache. Very lovely read!
MyUsedRomance chapter 1 . 12/19/2014
I'm on edge - I need to know more but at the same time am so afraid this will hurt at the end. Great first chapter. Usually if a story is completed I only bother to review until the very end but this needed its standalone review.
SouthSideStory chapter 4 . 12/19/2014
I’m going to sound like a broken record, but your language use is always on point. Your prose is vivid and beautiful and absolutely sumptuous. I just can’t get enough of it! Everything in this piece seems sensual, as if I can taste and hear and see all that’s described, and that’s largely due to the way you describe the surroundings.

But it’s not just your language that shines. The plot is so engaging, and your characterizations, although they deviate from canon in some ways, are interesting and believable. I love, love, love your Sakura here. How compassionate and kind she is, just like canon!Sakura, but also her political ambition, her lust for the crown. She’s fascinating, and I could read another 20k words of her if you were ever so inclined. Really, I adore Sasuke just as much, and his relationship with Sakura is stunning. His unwavering loyalty to her, the unconditional love he holds for her, his absolute faith in her right to rule.

And all throughout the story you build and break them at the same time. Their love is unshakeable, but Sasuke (rightly) realizes that he isn’t the thing Sakura needs above all else; what she needs is to make a difference, and marrying him, being with him, isn’t going to help her do that. So, while the ending broke my heart, it didn’t come out of left field. It felt as though this is where the story had been heading all along, and I just didn’t want to see it. But seriously, I was so close to ugly sobbing by the end. You about killed me with this, I’m not lying.

I also enjoyed the little ways in which you paralleled canon (like the odd birthmark Sasuke has at the place where his neck meets his shoulder). It made me feel like I was finding little Easter eggs throughout the fic.

Overall, fantastic job. It was a beautiful story and I’m so glad you shared it. :)
Pinkish-Bluish chapter 3 . 12/16/2014
OH GOD, I'M SO UPSET.
This story is so good but Sasuke and Naruto and AGH, I'm crying!
annesthetique chapter 2 . 9/20/2014
I absolutely love the tension here. The guilt vs. Sakura's righteousness keeps plaguing her mind... I hope they resolve it. Although, I wonder if Sakura will be able to keep her sanity once the royal court finds out her ploys. :)
annesthetique chapter 1 . 9/19/2014
Wonderful writing, just beautiful. You captured the power play in politics and the internal struggle pf royalty so well. :)
easilyobsessedctc chapter 4 . 8/9/2014
You know, I kinda started out okay; I had my emotions reigned in and everything until you dropped this on me: "For all I know, Sasuke-kun, we are just playing the greatest game of hide and seek this land has ever known." And then it was just game over and the dam broke haha! I'm really glad I got to read this special piece of work of yours and I cannot wait to read more!

P.s. I am also especially fond of "i mustache you a question" and "morning glory". I've read each of them multiple times. Actually, I've read all your Sasuke/Sakura fics multiple times lol.
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »