Reviews for born to blush unseen
ShizuokaKitsune chapter 4 . 2/29
Holy shit. I was not expecting that. I was so wrapped up and couldn't stop reading and then, WHAM. I was crying. It was unexpected, but real and beautiful. For that I thank you. This is a magnificent story.
Lyshka chapter 1 . 10/21/2015
this fanfic is so beautiful. you must read it guys. it's worth your time. i cried for this and it's achingly beautiful. thumbs up, windsilk! :D
Mrs Scorpius Malfoy chapter 4 . 6/26/2015
I am in love with your writing! It was a tragic ending, but amazing nonetheless. Great characterisation; I always find that Sakura is a character that you can mold into different situations and she comes out great. The concept was really good as well, the idea that Sasuke is her protector and secret lover.
Thansk for keeping it short too :) I find that reading short stories leaves a larger impact on the reader since the author needs to make it much more significant in a smaller space.
Alwyas happy to read your work!
Tenshi chapter 4 . 6/21/2015
How could you...
My heart has died
Sobs
zekksgirl chapter 4 . 6/13/2015
Annnnnd I'm sobbing. That was beautifully tragic.
uchihasass chapter 4 . 4/22/2015
this is going to be all over the place, you've been warned.

i loved how fully realized sakura was in this story. you managed to capture her girlish charms, her beauty and her smarts, her generous to a fault spirit, her thirst for the throne, and everything in between so well. watching her blossom and wilt, only to rise up to take the throne and claim what she had so aggressively, stealthily fought for was a strangely thrilling and gratifying experience. i just feel like i went through the full spectrum of emotions, following her journey from beginning to end, and if that's not an accomplishment, especially given the relatively slim length of this story, i don't know what is.

sasuke, oh dear sasuke. never in the spotlight, but always in the shadows, or more accurate yet, always /like/ a shadow, following her everywhere, never abandoning her side or her dreams. in the end, he really did give everything to her. i just did not think that it would play out quite so literally. i am devastated that it did. but at the same time, i understand. i was starting to wonder about naruto too. there's only so many times you can slip poison into the royal supper and not get caught or at least rouse suspicion, so it could not be done by her. it speaks to how much she cared about him, how much he meant to her and vice versa that this did not occur to her first, that he thought to do it himself, that she ran like her life depended on it when it clicked, and that he'd already laid the crown on her head by the time she finally caught up. could two people have been any more in love and so completely enough for each other, while simultaneously not being enough for one another? because that was exactly how their relationship was. they were doomed from the start. she wasn't going to have the crown /and/ the love of her life. he belonged to her by duty, but he was never going to be able to take her as his alone. it was a difficult choice, and sasuke made it for them. he made it for her.

i am so happy we got to see sakura become queen like she wanted to be, like she was born to be, but i never imagined seeing her like this would be so bittersweet. it makes me wonder how long she is going to live and rule and prosper, because that is exactly how long she is going to be haunted by the absence of the dutiful shadow by her side. but i also know that she is going to find strength to go on, regardless of the heartbreak she will be nursing for the rest of her life. he made the choice for her, because he knew she would be strong enough to endure its consequences.

i am amazed at the depth you were able to accomplish with a story composed entirely of little scenes and snippets. it's definitely a technical feat, supported by your beautiful prose and solid world building. just a stunning achievement, overall! thank you for writing and sharing this gem. ;A;
uchihasass chapter 2 . 4/19/2015
oh my god, i am so intensely, so deeply in love with your sakura. she is cruel and ambitious, and she has her eyes on the prize, but she is also human, and she has doubts and regrets, and she is not blind to the blood on her hands. she's a woman on a mission, and she doesn't flinch while making pawns out of her near and dear ones, if it means getting one step closer to her dream. but it's not a selfish dream, her hopes and aspirations for her country are as far from being selfish as anything possibly could be. she just recognizes that sometimes you have to do unsavory things for the greater good, for the bigger picture, and i love her for that, and simultaneously i love the self-loathing that is slowly blooming inside of her. and you capture all of this so beautifully, so tragically. sakura is so vivid and fully realized here, excuse me while i go sob a little bc i don't often get to see such a complex and utterly human portrayal of my favorite character.

the sasusaku here kills me, sasuke's devotion to sakura kills me, their love, prospering behind closed doors and abandoned libraries, kills me, that he is the thing tying her to the ground, keeping her focused on the end goal while also urging her to put her sanity and humanity first, ALL OF THIS KILLS ME RHEA. I KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO BE SAD, BUT THIS IS MORE OVERWHELMING SADNESS THAN I HAD PREPARED MYSELF FOR. I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

(whispers) no, i don't. take all my money, because this is just the kind of slow otp burn i get off on. ;A;
uchihasass chapter 1 . 4/17/2015
there are many things to love here, but nothing more than the absolutely stunning portrayal of sakura's multi-faceted strength. i love that she is the epitome of femininity, as she regales herself in beautiful gowns and glittering hairpins, but there is also an undercurrent of ruthless determination and lethal ambition that sits right below that soft exterior. that she is not stripped of one to foster the other is a feat in and of itself (though it shouldn't be, but such is the sad state of female characters in popular media), but you managed it in such subtle but powerful strokes that it really warrants praise. her handing that necklace over to nawaki is a great example. it seemed such an innocent, benevolent thing to do at the time, and a perfectly fitting act of giving, coming from a princess. but she wasn't just giving him an old family heirloom, she was giving him a death sentence. even if she wasn't herself aware of that at the moment, that is some fantastic, bone-chilling foreshadowing, and i loved every bit of it! the phrase 'kill them with kindness' comes to mind here, which imo, is your sakura in a nutshell.

i also love that sasuke is playing second fiddle here. he spent so much time being the center of everyone's universe in canon that this is quite a refreshing switch up. i love the dynamic sasuke and sakura share, that easy camaraderie that is only possible between long time friends, the obvious and potent sexual tension, and last but not least, the unwavering loyalty, the 'i will follow you into the dark' mindset. this is everything i love about the two of them in canon, only the roles here have been flipped.

your prose is every bit as pretty and confident as i remember it being from a few of the other pieces of yours i have read. i'm also impressed by how you were able to seamlessly incorporate all these prompts from the ssmonth into a compelling narrative. unfortunately, i do know how this ends and my heart breaks at the thought of it already, but i am very excited for the journey nonetheless!
Ralitsa chapter 4 . 2/23/2015
This is how ugly life can be and its so tragic how a person can lose and gain everything for the bigger picture. I'm sure you made many people love this story and made them cry. Thank you and good job!
Cryptic Parchment chapter 4 . 2/11/2015
God this was so beautiful and heartbreaking! Why why why! Couldn't anyone be happy... It was so perfectly tragic and I can see the shards of my heart glinting in the sunlight. You are a master, windsilk, a true master who has taken your readers on such a ride only give them whiplashes, pain and closure at the end. I must say, this was not the ending I had envisioned, but it was still beautiful in all it's painful glory.
Thank you for sharing and changing this completely unspectacular day into such an emotional one, which has made me feel so alive, instead of just making the notions of living.
I know that ff authors do not always feel adequately appreciated, but I hope you realize, that your work does impact peoples lives and that you are appreciated by us. So thank you for sharing.
Now I'm going to search your pages for some much needed fluff, my heart can't take anymore .
Mars.Mars.Mars chapter 4 . 1/5/2015
It was. Good ride :)
Mars.Mars.Mars chapter 3 . 1/5/2015
Well after all she's done, she doesn't exactly deserve a happily ever after.
Mars.Mars.Mars chapter 1 . 1/5/2015
Wow, usually it's sasuke the evil one and Sakura tagging along.
AppleD chapter 4 . 1/3/2015
How did I not discover your work earlier? This is one of the best fics I've ever read, albeit short.
It's... very tragic. The kind that will stay on my mind for days. The gradual loss of Sakura's innocence and Sasuke's unwavering loyalty made me fall in love with this fic. Because it's believable. It's simultaneously a happy ending and not.
emmarumbelle chapter 4 . 12/23/2014
This was really really painful (just as i expected), but it left me with a weird feeling of satisfaction that i can't quite place... I don't know, i really enjoyed this fic. I don't know how to put it into words, to be honest. Just, yeah: amazing fanfic.
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »