Reviews for Following Destiny
lol keep tbhis story going tis great
The Zeitgeist chapter 1 . 8/10
As soon as I read the words "I think we might be soul mates" I was done with this.

Sorry, but I can only take so much goddamn shitty chiche and Ron/Hermione pairings before I go mad.

Fuck your shitty story.
Rhagar chapter 2 . 7/19
Lily as a descendant of dark elves? That simply cheapens her accomplishments, though most of her prowess in specific fields of magic is just fanon, since I don't believe we ever knew much about her proficiency with magic.

Still, that plus the ever so horrid cliché portrayal of the goblins and their 'respect through knowing your name' unspoken rule makes me hope that the Harry/Fleur romance is worth going through this.
Rhagar chapter 1 . 7/19
I will not mince my words. The fact that Ginny and Draco are secretly friends and that she has a crush on him doesn't really sit well with me. I'm all for veering away from canon, but this is just a very horrible way to introduce such element in the story. It's the first chapter, so there can't be that much buildup to such situation, I understand, but it simply feels badly handled.

Apart from that, in regards to Ginny commenting on being soulmates with Draco, I hope this doesn't happen so, since that's only a lazy and cheap way to achieve love between two individuals. Very commom in this fandom, sadly.

Also, when did Harry and Ginny get so buddy buddy with each other? I know there's some leeway in fanfiction for these things, but considering they never really interacted until the fifth book, it's hard to understand why he would call her 'his baby sister'.
continuining on you basically ignore major characteristics of cannon characters when it is convenient for you, which just makes no one seem to be a character anymore, people not believing harry first thing after a ridiculous story would actually help
NO. just NO. im freaking done with this, oh im harry i somehow know EVERYTHING including knowing how to unite houses and heal wounds no one can heal, i am completely overpowered and in the most boring way imaginable. Don't get me wrong i LIKE overpowered stories, LOVE them even, but this is just...no. Basically you're trying to make him fix EVERY problem that is said to have existed in cannon at the same freaking time, in one sentence. Its retarded he's never surprised by anything, and he speaks like hes 40. At this point i only continue reading this for the romance, it better be good. Ill just skip over like half the chapters because it makes me cringe. I don't mean to be negative, i like the ideas but just... write it better?
Awesome
Sorry, its boring
rowenasheir chapter 29 . 6/24
Fantastic so far cant wait for the next update.
moosejuice5 chapter 3 . 6/21
im stopping reading here, fleur running away to Surrey in London to get away from her farther and happening across harry and then them having a conversation is just to much. i know its not expressly stated but she goes to school in france and speaks with a french ascent so I'm fairly certain she lives in france. also the cliches are numerous - powerful part creature harry, power blocks, descendent of grifindoor/merlin, bad dumbles, secret gringots meeting - to name a few.
its a nice fic and i wish you the best but its not for me.
stinkyhead chapter 5 . 6/17
The idea of a Quidditch game taking days makes sense because of everything going on... The idea of two people floating in the air for two days trying to find the snitch is, honestly, a little ridiculous. Especially when written with next to no detail... Two days later, Draco give a thumbs up and Harry wins... Seriously, the thumbs up itself was given more detail!

~Stinky
hpnut1 chapter 29 . 6/14
Loved the chapter!
flight.of.the.phoenix.86 chapter 29 . 6/14
i like it!

update soon!
ChazTaylor chapter 29 . 6/14
keep going
Hope it ends up ron and hermonie. Still hate draco