Reviews for A Split-Second of Violence
jonica77 chapter 38 . 23h
This is a very much indeed lovely fanfic. It tugged my heart strings and I loved the way Hinata's friends took care of him and stood up for him! I loved it *cries tears of joy*
Tinowenn chapter 6 . 9/16
Your prose is great. Wonderful variety and use of different sentence structures and lengths. You bring out the emotion very well. And the small actions you describe, like the sentence where Kageyama falls back on the ground and wipes his face and his breath is all shaky, is really good because, having played sports/exercising I have gotten that tired sweaty dizzy feeling and you took that feeling and applied it to something I never experienced. But I know exactly what he's feeling because of that. Anyway, don't want to get carried away here. Good job and keep writing :) you're very talented.
TheVeryCheesyAuthor chapter 1 . 8/15
Honestly, this story was a roller coaster ride for me. I loved every moment of it. It had its ups and downs and I LOVED IT SO MUCH MAN. There were parts where I wanted to bawl, to cry my heart out, other parts that made me feel pissed, some that made me feel relief, and others that made me feel joy. Wowza, I loved it your fanfiction so much.
NollyLvn chapter 38 . 8/12
God, I finally finished! This is... how should I put it... amazing. No, I'm not kidding. I got SO many information regarding concussion and things related to it. It'll be pretty helpful, so thank you very much. I hope I can use it for good use later :)

Great job! You totally killed it!
PrincessMerodii chapter 1 . 7/11
Is there gonna be Kageyama x Hinata?!
This was just great. I'm just now getting into Haikyuu!, so I'm exploring the manga, show, and fanfiction all at the same time. This was the first story I've read so far on fan and it was a wonderful start. - K
Platonic hand holding for the win! fist pump - K
Oh, my god Daichi let the guy hit him so he could press charges! 8O - K
XD Lord. And on the same night the Cats were in town! About your Author's Note- Thank you for clearing things up! I was beginning to wonder if this would be KageHina end game. I felt like if developed into that 'okay' and if it didn't, that would be fine too. I love Team As Family/Families of Choice fanfiction. You can feel wretched with worry for someone without wanting to screw them! Your Daichi always makes me smile. Everyone feels so very in character. My one hope is that Kuroo will find out about Tsukki's stuffed Stego. - K
Yeahhhh fist pump! GET THEM - K
CaitiAthena chapter 1 . 7/10
ohhhhh I don't think that third year is gonna live much longer...
Hinata you freakin' DOLL - K
Getting grabbed suddenly for the first time after an attack. Long road to recovery for everyone. My favorite scene in this chapter was when Kageyama really carefully and uncomfortably tried to start a conversation about Hinata's parents. People just don't teach their kids how to broach sensitive topics anymore. And they don't teach them how to respond either! I was at a sleepover with a good friend once, when she tried to ask for some of that basic info that just doesn't come up when kids are hanging out. Pretty much just- um, so do you have a dead/absent/divorced Dad or what man, you didn't come from a Petri dish right/ is it okay to ask, sorry. My response was just as smooth - K
sakura aesthetic chapter 38 . 7/10
Alright so, here goes nothing.

First of all, I'd like to apologize in advance for not reviewing on every single one of your chapters. Your story deserves so much praise but honestly, I just had to keep reading and figured I could write a long-ass review at the end; hence, what I am doing now.

Now for the actual review. So here I was, just a few nights ago, rewatching Haikyuu! for, dare I say, the fifth time in the span of a month. I am obsessed with this fandom and honestly, each and every one of them are my special little snowflakes, my children and I just love them so much. So, to curb my incessant need to shower them in kisses, reaching through the screen and hugging them, and screaming at the top of my lungs whenever they scored, I figured I should release some of my adoration through reading fanfiction. Naturally, I started browsing but didn't get very far. Yours was the first story to show up. I read the summary, saw the genre, and I'm like "cool, hurt and comfort; I dig it" (I'm such a sucker for angst and tragedy and pain; I think I'm secretly a masochist).

But let me tell you, I was NOT expecting to be up half the night reading this story. I figured, yeah, maybe a chapter or two, and then I'll be able to sleep, but oh ho ho, boy was I wrong. Your story... your writing... I don't even know how to describe it. It just kept pulling me in and despite sleep calling my name, I just couldn't put my phone down. Everything about this story is so compelling, so driven, and within the first five minutes of reading, I was already tearing up. You write every single character perfectly. You describe their interactions as if you had created the Karasuno team yourself. You make it sound so unbelievably canon (thank God it's not because I would be a sad little ball of emotions) and really, your story is one of the only stories I have ever read, from any fandom, that is capable of that. So thank you. Really, it was admirable of you to keep my little babies true to themselves.

Alright, and another note. So, I do happen to ship KageHina. A lot. And I will not hesitate to tell you that I've read a lot of KageHina fanfics. What I don't understand, however, is how you kept them perfectly platonic; yet, your story alone feels like they have the best relationship, the best connection. I think that's what really spoke to me: the fact that despite being friends (and keeping them that way) you made their relationship so powerful and supportive and just downright beautiful. I will not lie, I was a little bummed when I figured out that you'd be keeping them as "just friends" until the very end. BUT I'm honestly so glad you did. And while I still ship them, I am truly envious of your ability to make us readers feel so strongly for a duo of teenage boys simply remaining as friends; it's really incredible.

But overall, your story is flawless. From every emotion, every scene, every character, you nailed it. Of course, there are a few grammatical errors here and there, but that's expected and honestly, not noticeable. You should give yourself a pat on the back too; 130K is a lot of words to spell-check and read over. But more than that, you stayed with it, you finished the story, you gave me a new perspective on the fandom and these little cinnamon rolls. So for that, thank you. This story will hold a permanent place in my heart (and my dashboard) as one of my all-time favorite stories. Thank you for being you and for writing something so magnificent.
God. Do you know what I envisioned them finding the moment they headed to the shoe lockers? A dead crow. How perfect/ungodly would that have been? These are some bold bastards. My brain keeps jumping to ' borderline yakuza' which then leads to 'maybe it's about gambling'? I mean people do bet on non professional sports. They could be trying to force the team to replace Hinata/take a dive. Aagh I'm so excited for the final resolution. #GiveMeClosure - K