Reviews for Describing A Memory
SaradocCraver101 chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
I love it and please update as soon as you can. _
UbiquitousPitt chapter 1 . 12/23/2002
I really liked this story. You are very eloquent - your use of words is beautiful. The way you write it - it seems almost like a chapter left out. A closing to the book that feels smooth and right. And now that I've read it - I feel it must have been lost, missing.
Ginger Ninja chapter 1 . 11/9/2002
Poor Frodo ( Such a hard life.

Great description of the memories and Frodo's emotions. Really brought this to life ) ~GN~
tiggivon chapter 1 . 11/7/2002
that was quite beautiful. you could imagine frodo reflecting the past and looking to a future that wasn't for him.

you described so well as a part died with him as he finally made his choice which would turn his world upside down.

i really loved this.

tiggivon.x
Tangelian Proudfoot chapter 1 . 11/7/2002
Once again, Ainur, you've made me speechless.

This was such a beautiful fic, very tragic, and you really captured Frodo's sense of loss, and that autumnal feeling...

I hope you'll recommend this fic on the list too, otherwise I will! ;-)

Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

Hugs;

Tangelian
shirebound chapter 1 . 11/7/2002
Oh my, this is amazingly poignant and wonderful.

What a great line, "Bilbo inherited an heir, and Frodo received a second chance at childhood." and also, "After having seen the light he knew he could never live comfortably or happily in the dark again; and after having experienced the dark, he could no longer live contentedly or normally in the light." Wow.

That last line had me in chills and tears. What a masterful little story.
Ancalime8301 chapter 1 . 11/6/2002
Ooohh ... what a gem! Your descriptions were wonderful; I felt like I was right there. And yet I was also remembering times in my own life similar to what you've portrayed ... It is rather ironic that you posted this today, because in my acting class earlier this evening, we sat for a while and just thought of our memories from when we were young, and all the feelings associated with those memories ... I guess today is 'a walk down memory lane' day or something. :p Man, and now I'm all nostalgic ...

Great ficlet; I also think you wrote Frodo's emotional state well. I especially liked this part:

"After having seen the light he knew he could never live comfortably or happily in the dark again; and after having experienced the dark, he could no longer live contentedly or normally in the light. He felt trapped. Trapped between the dark memories of his journey and the bright promises that had been spoken to him by the very object of his quest."

And even in the midst of his near-despair, he reminds himself that his sacrifice has given those children the opportunity to have their own happy memories.

Wow. :)
Arien1 chapter 1 . 11/6/2002
Hi Ainur! I'm happy to see another piece from you. This one is especially poignant; you have an excellent understanding of Frodo and what his sacrifice meant. Tolkien saw many horrible things in WWI and placed a lot of his own feelings into Frodo's character, and you've done great justice to this by acknowledging Frodo's distaste for war and violence and the scars he bears from taking part in it. Excellent job!