Reviews for Houses and Hurricanes
thexemerald chapter 1 . 11/29/2017
I love this. This really shows Neville's growth as a person. You completed his personality quite well.

-E
otherrealmwriter chapter 1 . 10/23/2015
Great work and it sounds very empowering. The analogy of Hurricanes and Houses is a perfect one. It is easy to start over when you don't see reminders of the past there. I sort of know what that is like with recent events in my personal life. But this is a great work and it is very deep. I love it. Great job! :)
Lara1221 chapter 1 . 5/18/2015
Amy, I do not know why I did not favorite this the first time because this is an absolutely stellar story. Just Neville, just how beautiful and strong and wonderfully you've written him gives me an incredible amount of joy. I love every little bit of this letter - each thing you talked about was important to address and written well, and the style in this one is fantastic. You've got a beautiful skill for capturing characters. Beautiful job!
Dalton-Dragon chapter 1 . 4/22/2015
This is a really great, Neville is one of my favourite characters and I really enjoyed reading this. I think its actually really believable for Neville to feel how he does in comparison to Harry and I thought the analogy of the hurricanes was perfect. I thought it was well written and it was good to see him breaking through his mental walls as he wrote, I thought you showed that well
ChimericalParoxysm chapter 1 . 4/22/2015
Poor Neville :( How awful that he should still be haunted by Bella's actions, but I love that as the letter progresses he finally breaks through the walls he's built up and you can see him reaching for true happiness.

I love picturing him with his beautiful family, finally letting go of his heavy past. It's interesting to remember that for him, Voldemort wasn't his "arch nemesis"-it was always Bella. Which meant that Harry's fight was so much more straightforward than Neville's, and as you've shown here, Harry's ability to heal as well.

The comparison with the houses was perfect. It's so much easier to start over when you can actually properly let go of the past rather than being anchored to it. And, of course, while some people might channel their frustration toward others (his broken parents, his healing friends), Neville is able to see through all that to put the blame back on Bella.
xxCallMeAmyxx chapter 1 . 4/12/2015
Aw, this was so sweet (you probably got a ten :)
Amy
divya.verma.56211 chapter 1 . 2/13/2015
I never gave a thought to this... It's so nice of u to even think about him
Paradox.bookjunkie chapter 1 . 8/15/2014
oh my goodness.
This is beautiful! :)
I love your last line, and I love the way you portrayed him through the letter.
Very, very well done!
DobbyRocksSocks chapter 1 . 7/30/2014
I decided to profile stalk you because...because :P And I found this. And I love Neville, so of course I had to read it.
I'm very glad I did.
I'll start with the title, and the anology in the story that goes with it. I absolutely love it. Everything about it is perfect, and it fits with Neville in my head so well, that it's like you read my headcanon from my brain.
I love the turning point in the story, when Neville decided he doesn't want to hold back. The writing changes only slightly, but it's enough to make me actually /feel/ the difference to everything previous.
I love that Neville is strong enough to do something like this, to make himself feel better, and to, hopefully, get rid of the demons still haunting him.
The ending is absolutely perfect, (well, all of it is), and the last line made me want to actually freaking cheer. I think my hubby mighta thought I'd gone mad mind :D
I love this story, and your writing is impeccable.
deant33 chapter 1 . 7/22/2014
Good story, easy to read, good characterisation.
Lara1221 chapter 1 . 7/15/2014
Yeah, THAT WAS AMAZING :D
PepperCheez chapter 1 . 7/14/2014
I feel really bad for Neville and am glad he was able to break free from Bellatrix and let go in the end. Hopefully. Great story. :)

I belong to this Harry Potter role playing site called Sonora Academy which is currently accepting excellent new writers like you for our twenty-second term. Our site address is www . sonora . terragenaonline . net (without the spaces) If you have questions you can ask on our OOC board, PM me, or email the Headmaster at sonora . academy . head gmail . com (again without spaces)

Hope to see you around, good luck on your writing.
Maria the Ravenclaw chapter 1 . 7/13/2014
Wow, that was really good! Neville is one of my least favourite characters, but I love your portrayal of adult Neville, more mature and more comfortable with who he is.

The whole analogy thing was clever, as well; Bellatrix as a hurricane is a good metaphor. Pointing out that it's almost as if her death was a victory and Neville's parents' life, a defeat was brilliant, especially as I'd never stopped to think that Frank and Alice would be scarred forever, even if the Dark Lord fell.

Very well written, too, and I didn't spot any typos or mistakes.

Fantastic job! Good luck with the Hunger Games competition.
rebelsaurus29 chapter 1 . 7/13/2014
This was absolutely beautiful and amazing :-)