Reviews for Hocus Pocus
Cat and NCIS Obsessed chapter 1 . 12/10/2014
If it was a dream, it was a dream that several of them had shared; or at least a dream that her teammates had heard about, somehow, and decided to play along.

Sometimes, they were even better about remembering it than she was. The would act funny around her. They would worry in strange and inappropriate bursts of pity.

Abby had baked cookies.

Suddenly, Saleem hardly mattered. Her torture hardly mattered. The pain and deprivation and degradation and fear of being a POW was, the longer she thought about it, small peas compared to the frenzied shootout that lasted approximately twenty minutes on a drab cargo ship in the Indian Ocean.

He gave her a look, and then looked over her shoulder, and then waved dismissively at her.

"Yeah, don't worry about that," he said.

She began to object; he interrupted her.

"It's no big deal. It'll be fine."

"No big deal? Tony…the syringes were filthy…"

"Yeah, it's fine."

"…I was there for months…"

"No problem."

It wasn't just the big points, either. It was little things. She knew that she was terribly devoted to her job, and proudly so, but when did she ever have time to go home and rest? Did she shower? Use the restroom? Call her friends in Israel?

So she left, and she retired and became a florist back in Israel. To hell with her training and temperament.

This was a brilliant story, I mean, it's just so accurate. She was tortured for months and somehow she's all but fine by episode five. We really should have made a "always remember Ziva David was in a Somali terrorist prison camp for several months with who knows how many terrorists doing God knows what to her so maybe she shouldn't be acting so okay so quickly, are a couple of at least hints of PTSD too much to ask for" club, but I guess that's a bit long to fit on a jacket.

But seriously, thank you. You seem to have encapsulated so many of my grievances with NCIS in the past couple of years. Even as a crack piece your writing style really is beautiful.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 1 . 7/31/2014
Post-Somalia stories are a dime a dozen, but this one is a really unique take on how quickly Ziva seemed to just get over it. Telling herself that it never happened, then questioning the authenticity of over memories - I can't wait to read more!
Emily chapter 1 . 7/20/2014
Oh, my! Thank you, thank you! I always thought that Ziva got over Somalia way too quickly. And the stuff with Ari! How did they even find out that he was her brother, much less that she killed him! I'm so glad you are writing more about Ziva. You are one whose stories I always look for.
NCIS fan chapter 1 . 7/14/2014
Giggling fit to die over here!
hesitantdancer chapter 1 . 7/13/2014
It's awesome to see a new story by you! It's also a good read in general and I appreciate your attempt to make the recent developments a little easier to take. I don't really watch anymore, but it's nice to go back and watch old episodes now and then and read a fan fic.
Athenalarissa chapter 1 . 7/13/2014
Interesting prospective about Somalia... I never understood how easily ziva intimate with Ray so soon after Somalia and many other details which consider it... Sometimes the writers approached zivas behavior like Somalia never happened and sometimes like it did., well as for ziva's "retirement" was absolutely incomprehensible..I mean Ziva had compromised with her mossad past and then let her took over her? How glasberg can say that a possibly ziva's return must be "organic" when her departure wasn't?
Anyway I stay tuned until your next story
bunnykoko chapter 1 . 7/13/2014