Reviews for False Dawns
SummonerLenne chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
I've read this story numerous times for the past 8 years, and no fanfic can ever compete with this.

This is talent. Pure talent.
SummonerLenne chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
Still, after years I find this story fantastic.

I've read hundreds of fanfics, but no one has come so close-to-heart as this one.

You are gifted, Regann. I really appreciate what you have written, not only to yourself as a project, but for us readers to enjoy while the emotions run wild inside.
Macs chapter 1 . 11/26/2006
Well, I'm a bit late reviewing, but still, this is too good to miss off. First fic I've read from Jechts wifes point of view, and its very beautiful. It really gives a great impression of her feelings and desperation and the way she wastes away. I love all the symbolism too, Shelley is an awesome writer. Props to you for the whole thing, I loved it.
Griselda Banks chapter 1 . 4/16/2005
Okay, so I know this was written like three years ago, but it hit me so hard I simply HAVE to review.

I love the whole feel of this, of Jecht's wife writing down her thoughts of Jecht himself. I would never have even thought of doing it! I like how you made her be an artist; it's a nice contrast to the blitzer menfolk. All your imagery and metaphors are really cool, especially because you explain them to the lesser learned (lol) in your notes. I totally agree with her about Jecht. He's got that strange beauty that you can't see unless you really look hard. I mean, he's disgusting and calloused, but if you look beyond you can see the tenderness he's almost ashamed of. I feel just as inspired by Jecht as his wife, but I can't paint as she can. All I can do is write, and I do.

If you care at all, if it's not a bother, if you wanna read what I think is inside Jecht, you can check out my poem The Best.

I really like this fic!
kuroban chapter 1 . 1/18/2004
I was left speechless. This fic was incredibly amazing, and beautiful, and touching and poignant... all at once.
JadedEcho chapter 1 . 12/8/2003
I was thinking of Kira from Mars as I read this and then I found that you had the same idea in mind. A very pretty fic. _
yunalesca78 chapter 1 . 5/11/2003
*picks up jaw off the floor*

That was very, VERY well done. I'm surprised more people haven't stumbled across this and reviewed it-their loss, I guess. _

Anyway, that rocked. Can't wait to read more of your stuff!
Konashi chapter 1 . 11/12/2002
Gawd! What's with people! They never review the very good fics! *sighs* Anywho, I really really like this story. I thought the thing with the painting was also very well done. Keep writing!
Th' Lady Shadow chapter 1 . 11/8/2002
O_O Oh dear YEVON...!

Beautiful. Astounding. Moving. I *loved* it.

Jecht's wife has always been something of a...delightfully puzzling mystery to me, if that's the right way to say it. She's beautiful, intriguing; soft. Not to mention the ever-captivating Jecht...*grin* Oh, I'm sure you love Jecht just as much; you know what I mean.

Truly, you captured her so perfectly that all my dreams for my said fiction (Only ever had the teaser posted, and sadly I doubt it'll ever go beyond that...) pale in comparison. This is so incredibly wonderful. _;; I'm having a hard time expressing just how much I loved it - can you tell?

Everything in this piece is...softened, beautified. You're really good at first-person, you know. It was a great pleasure to come across this gem.

Well, I'm putting it on my favorites. I hope that's a fair indication. :D Best of luck in your future endeavours,

~Shad
Kia Vail-Kagami chapter 1 . 11/8/2002
I don't understand the lack of reviews here... I liked it a lot, it's very nice. Too bad my computer srewed up the lines...