Reviews for Touchstone
rebecca-in-blue chapter 4 . 12/11/2015
Oh my gosh, this is just... I don't even have the words. Such a powerful, wrenching read the whole way through, and so much better than the typical angsty, watered-down post-Somalia stories that are a dime dozen on this site. I love the subtle way you write Ziva's reaction to what Landing's done, and the smart way you contrast his issues vs. hers. As always, this is an incredibly well-done chapter, and I hope there will be more to this story.
VG LittleBear chapter 4 . 8/12/2015
Hi, an extra serving of gluten free foodstuffs for you, for me, let me just aim for a glutton free zone.
I wondered whether Saleem Ulman should have died so quickly. Yet Ziva is lucky in knowing exactly who was responsible for her suffering, and to see his death with her own eyes. Whatever she feels in the dark of the night, she knows that! Her devil has a name.
Thanks and cheers!
Debbie chapter 4 . 8/10/2015
This was great. Maybe this will convince Ziva to keep on reaching out for help. Sorry to hear things didn't work out for you. Hopefully you'll get another chance one day.
MSerrada chapter 4 . 8/8/2015
Well written and interesting look into how these deaths may have affected Ziva.
I really like your style and exploration of her character.
earthdragon chapter 2 . 8/8/2015
I have never understood how Ziva could have shot Ari. The fact that he killed Kate and was about to do the same to Gibbs is irrelevant. Neither of those two NCIS agents meant anything to Ziva, as she didn't know them. At that point, she was simply a MOSSAD officer. Gibbs was a total stranger, whereas Ari was her beloved brother - even if they were rivals. Good chapter.
earthdragon chapter 1 . 8/8/2015
Brilliant first chapter. It explains why Ziva became the way she was - hard, emotionless and ruthless. A lot has been said about how Tony had a terrible childhood, but there is a vast difference between having a father who neglects you, and being born and raised in a war zone, seeing your friends and family fall victim to bombs, bullets and mortar attacks. Even worse for Ziva, her father raised both her and Ari to be assassins, so she never really had a chance to be "normal".

I don't think the scriptwriters really knew what to do with her character after they had introduced her. No wonder Cote de Pablo decided enough was enough.
VG LittleBear chapter 3 . 7/7/2015
Hi, good to see you continuing your story!
The first part with Ziva's driving shocking Jenny is surprising if you take in account that Gibbs trained Jen. Maybe she thought no one could drive worse! However, your description of the fight shoulder to shoulder with Jenny rang true. As did Ziva's grief in the diner!
Thanks and cheers!
TuneWithoutWords chapter 3 . 7/6/2015
So glad you decided to continue this! I'm always on the hunt for Jenny and Ziva pre-series stories, but there really aren't many out there, so I loved this chapter especially. So much of this settles just right with how I see Ziva: her interaction with Ari, the way she reacts to Agent Gaddis during the briefing, and especially how protective she is of Jenny and how determined to save her. I believe you said in the last chapter that Eli pulled her out of her Mossad training for this assignment. That tracks wonderfully for me, as she seems awfully young when she shows up at NCIS to have accomplished everything she has unless something like this occurred where her training time was cut short. I personally like to believe that her time in the IDF was spent primarily with Mossad, because it makes sense to me. But I really like this, too. Anyway, was so glad to discover when I checked into to this fandom that you hadn't disappeared like so many others. Your Ziva stories are some of the best.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 3 . 7/5/2015
What an amazing chapter. You write like you know this region very well (or at least better than I do, anyway!) and you obviously know these characters well, too. I love your take on Ziva and Jenny's first meeting, especially Ziva, still so young at this point, takes charge of the situation and responsibility for Jenny. The action all flows and fits together so well. Really wonderful work.
Debbie chapter 3 . 6/26/2015
I like the story on how Ziva and Jenny met. Glad you are continuing this story. Good luck on your research trips next month.
petuniatc chapter 3 . 6/26/2015
What a challenge! OK, here goes - I've always wanted them to have Aunt Nettie visit DC on NCIS. I pictured Nettie as widowed (or if she never married she survived her lovers), childless, a veteran of the Wars for Independence, a survivor of the Holocaust (possibly sent off on the Kindertransport but leaving family behind). Just as Liat could be Ziva 2.0, Ziva could be Nettie 2.0. While Ziva can kill with a credit card or a paper clip, Nettie can kill with a hair pin or a crochet hook. So have Ziva rush to Nettie's bedside as she's dying and then go to her funeral. If you don't want to kill Nettie just yet how about Schmeil "the Man of Steel"? Similar sort of back story - maybe have a young Schmeil assigned as a driver to a young General Yigeal Yadin who encourages his studies then Schmeil works with him later to excavate at Masada. I have never read a fanfiction story that covered the excavation of Masada but I think in one Ziva took Tony there when they had a case in Isreal.
Abby chapter 2 . 4/21/2015
I know its almost been a tear but I was wondering if you were planning on finishing this. I've read all of your fics and they are amazing! I hope you write again.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 2 . 4/15/2015
This is a really well-written chapter - very sad but very beautiful at the same time. I love your descriptions of Ari slipping away and Ziva shooting him. Wonderful work, and I hope there will be more to this story!
rebecca-in-blue chapter 1 . 4/9/2015
So many fanfic writers have done their take on Tali's death, and this is one of the best that I've ever written. I especially love the interaction between Ziva and Eli at the cemetery, and their mother falling apart the end. One thing I'm curious about, though - when Ziva and Tali are at the Kotel in the beginning, what prayer do you transliterate? Here I thought I was such an observant Jew, and I can't recognize it at all.
VG LittleBear chapter 2 . 7/22/2014
Hi, that was very interesting. I very much enjoyed your look at Ari through Ziva's eyes. Thanks and cheers!