Reviews for Never Quite the Woman That She Wanted to Be
Mystique84 chapter 1 . 1/1/2015
This made me cry, this is just special and beautiful. Like, media doesn't explore these themes often but I wish it did because I like the happy ending at the end of the long road.
SmallWorldAfterAll chapter 1 . 12/21/2014
I am smiling through my tears.. I love feeling depressed.. But I could never explain the wholeness of how this makes me feel.. I think you have literally changed my life
TheToxicInterest chapter 1 . 11/12/2014
This is fantastic. As another reviewer noted, authors tend to play up Jo's lack of femininity, but no one really acknowledges Brick going outside of gender norms. (Which he definitely has hints of in canon). I adore every part of this; it's a wonderful idea and you pulled it off very well.

I love how you were able to blend humour in with the story's emotional nature. You made Jo hilarious ("That's kind of perverted. Never took her to be your type." LOL.) I also love the phrase "this fucked up kind of feminine".

All in all, this is definitely worth a favoriting. Keep it up!

-X-x-TheToxicInterest-x-X-
weeaboopunk chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
this is the most important thing ever oh my gosh
Juliejustdance chapter 1 . 7/16/2014
Cute! I enjoyed that.
Dark Princess Jess chapter 1 . 7/14/2014
Awww, that was sweet!
Sarcastic Devotee chapter 1 . 7/14/2014
This was so cute. I really love the thought of Brick and Jo going out of gender norms, and as far as I know, while there's been fics showing Jo outside of her gender, this is the first one showing Brick like that as well. And that's damn awesome.
KaylaBow chapter 1 . 7/14/2014