Reviews for Friends are for Such a Time as This
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
I'm glad that Elrond has enough sense to see that Estel is too young to hunt orcs and wargs.
CosmicEssence chapter 5 . 5/9/2010
I think you did very well with tis one. Estel came across exactly as I imagined he would be growing up with elves surrounding him and the conflict and events and oh yes! the meeting was brilliant. What impressed me the most though was the wording style of this story...I'm not sure how someone would class it as but its the knd that fits LOTR perfectly and while it does sometimes make for a difficult read, the fact that you are able to use (almost effortlessly it seems) is amazing.
Azure Teriques chapter 5 . 1/11/2008
Really good story!
Reading4soul chapter 1 . 7/25/2005
Very good introduction. I always like young Estel stories. Where yours differs from most other ones is both the fact that you've let Gilraen live - like it is mentioned somewhere in the books I believe - and I'd like to compliment you on your form with the language. Great job!
coffeeshop chapter 5 . 5/23/2005
Nice! There are a lot of stories about how Aragorn and Legolas meet, and I think this is a very good interpretation. .
sielge chapter 5 . 10/3/2004
This was a beautiful story! I hope that I will read a new one from you very soon!
Rhys chapter 5 . 9/17/2004
Very enjoyable. I liked the familial interactions between everyone. I'm sorry, I usually try to write more detailed reviews, but it's one in the morning and I'm tired so I'm afraid this is short. I really liked it though! And nice idea with the connections between the Prince and the Twins. Estel was cute. Good job!
Planet Mads chapter 5 . 3/23/2003
nice story! Love the calling Legolas 'prince' bit.
annakas chapter 5 . 3/14/2003
Yay last chapter was posted and I even didnt notice it. I loved your story it was sweet and fun. I love stories where Estel is a young child and and Legolas the old regal elf meet. It is so adorable. Simpli amazing.
Faerfaen chapter 5 . 2/16/2003
Oh sequel! You should write about an adventure when Aragorn is like 20 and some how Legolas comes into it! I loved this!

*~* Dy *~*
Legola Lu chapter 5 . 2/2/2003
I loved your story, very thrilling. I hope you right a sequel about when Legolas comes to Rivendell.
cc chapter 5 . 1/25/2003
I really enjoyed this! You captured the personalities of the elves well. I felt you had the relationship between the brothers down quite well. I think many writers tend to make the sons of Elrond a bit too "human" Your interpretation gave them a nice mix of warmth and dignity ( the same goes for your Legolas)

It's releif to read something involving the Prince of Mirkwood that doesn't involve his being hurt, captured, tortured, etc. Thanks!
cc chapter 5 . 1/25/2003

daw the minstrel chapter 5 . 1/13/2003
I've enjoyed this story as it developed. I like the bantering between the elves-very elven. And I can see how a young man's first encounter with battle is both thrilling and daunting. I like the way the older warriors look after him while trying not to smother him.
Mirrie chapter 5 . 1/10/2003
awwwww that was so sweet! The Twins have always been my favorites! :D *giddly smile*

Good story! Loved the Orcs :P hahaha they were funny!

~Belothien