Reviews for Keep Me Closer Still
Gosh... my heart nearly stopped... my Gt Grandfather's name was also Richard Walsh, he was a Sergeant in the Great War, he thankfully survived the horror, served in WWll as well... I discovered all this whilst researching my family history, sadly, 4 of my ancestors were not so lucky...
I've always loved history, I think that is why FW. appealed to me so much. They were all so brave these boys, sometimes it's beyond our comprehension what they really experienced. So who could blame a vulnerable young Christopher Foyle for falling for his Nurse.
I love your stories, always so well written.
wheelygirl chapter 14 . 6/9/2016
Late to the party I know but I just had to add my cudos to all the other so well deserved praise. Please excuse me now, I have found one hell of a superb writer and I need to search out as much of her work that I can... A very sincere "thank you".
gibbsheroic27 chapter 13 . 4/6/2016
This review is actually for chapter 14, but anyway...
It's just a hunch, but I think that this chapter might be the single most feels inducing piece of fic I've ever read. I have yet to make it even halfway without crying my eyes out-you kinda get me at the first Jack, and its all down him from there. I can safely say that I enjoy every moment :)
Besides being incredibly beautiful, and kinda my new headcanon for Foyle, cause this is totally the ending they all deserved!, this is also very, very in character, and really rather uplifting.
gibbsheroic27 chapter 14 . 4/30/2015
The Hide is unarguably my favourite Foyle episode ever-it's actually one of my favourite episodes of anything ever period, and I have always wanted to know what might have come next for Foyle and Jack, how they might have built a relationship. This fic fulfilled everything I'd ever imagined for them and more. I was literally trembling with emotion when I read this last chapter. It is simply beautiful. Thank you for this amazing fic : ) I brightened my life considerably : )
Saavik13 chapter 14 . 4/4/2015
I'm actually crying. I soooo wanted Jack to get to know his real father. Thank you.
sash queen of the jungle chapter 13 . 9/28/2014
I am sir glad father and son have made up. Thank you for writing and sharing.
LauraRaposa chapter 14 . 9/22/2014
So, so lovely, Bookworm Kate! I am thrilled you sated our need for a proper conclusion to this story. It was worth the wait. Thank you!
P.S. That little minx Connie Foyle already knows how to wrap men around her tiny finger...
OxfordKivrin chapter 14 . 9/22/2014
A lovely happy conclusion for everyone! I especially like Jack and Connie meeting, and her grabbing for his mustache.
LauraRaposa chapter 12 . 9/8/2014
Lots going on in this chapter! Particularly liked the scene between Sam and Foyle (she is one understanding wife) as well as the one between Captain Foyle and the priest. I look forward to see what you've got planned for James' release and if Foyle introduces him to the fam - Sam, Andrew and little Connie, of course.
dancesabove chapter 11 . 9/5/2014
Wow, the drama and the grit of this are so gripping. And the letter to Caroline heartbreaking. Lovely writing, BK.
sash queen of the jungle chapter 11 . 9/5/2014
Thank you for another great chapter. Please update more soon.
Guest Mom chapter 11 . 9/5/2014
Bloody war; loss of fine young men. Dark, sad chapter and dark, sad mind of poor Christopher.
cmee57 chapter 2 . 9/4/2014
Foyle's experience in the trenches were brought into such vivid detail that I felt like an eye witness to what was happening to him.
cmee57 chapter 1 . 9/4/2014
Lovely and very moving beginning!
sash queen of the jungle chapter 10 . 9/1/2014
Very enjoyable chapter but did James actually realise what foyle had said about how he knew his mother and that he is his father? Thanks for writing and sharing. Please update soon.