Reviews for Foundations of the World
Poke'Alpha22 chapter 11 . 9/25/2017
This story is much too beautiful, with too much potential to just leave hanging :( it is my deepest desire you return to finish this story, as one of the best writers on this site
Grimjowx chapter 11 . 9/8/2017
I love Radiana so much! Lovely story so far albeit I have only read the Wallace parts. Hopefully the price he pays for Grodouns help isn't crazy... but that wouldn't be you though right lol. Team R seems to be getting a huge shaft. That's quite a lot of resources lost.
SP33DY G chapter 11 . 4/30/2017
As someone who enjoys reading pokemon fanfic, your's are the creme of the crop. Excellent depiction, excellent dialogue, excellent structure, I could go on and on.
Guest chapter 10 . 10/25/2015
WALLY is not slang for a man's genitals. WILLY is.
markoatonc chapter 2 . 9/12/2015
Well... you asked, so I'll post it.
I just finished reading a sun soul. I loved it, this way you showed the world and it's development was great, but the best part was how you did the character development. While some parts seemed weird, I loved what you did with Ash and May. And thay new entity, finally some story where fusing two entities creates a new one that is more than sum of both, and neither of them.

And in this story, you started to focus more on multiple characters so I know it is going to be even better in this regard. I don't know if this story is finished or on hiatus, but I'll enjoy it fully anyway.
Guest chapter 11 . 7/6/2015
If this series was to be discontinued I think that would be the greatest tragedy in fan fiction history
Guest chapter 11 . 6/23/2015
I Like this even better than the Sun Soul, something that I thought I would never say about a sequel. Stunning and in depth, with even more world built hat extends to often forgotten Orre and the lovely Hoenn. I hope that you won't have given up on this story because of ORAS.
PostiveCharm416 chapter 11 . 6/8/2015
update soon
bloodmutt chapter 6 . 5/15/2015
Shame there's no Brendan, he was my favorite game character out of all the games
UnlimitedFreeIceCream chapter 6 . 4/7/2015
I see you, Worm references! Also, a gripping story so far. Well done!
Marching Madly Onward chapter 4 . 4/7/2015
A lot of The Sun Soul throwbacks in this chapter - Psychic-type mind melds, suped up Gyarados leveling the main character's home. I wonder if this is the beginning of a trend. The beginning of Pearl/Diamond/Platinum also has a shiny Gyarados in it. Are we going four for four?

At any rate, I'm surprised to see him joining up with one of the Teams. Now I'm starting to wonder if May will strike up an alliance with Aqua as his equal and opposite. I'd like to think we'll see Brendan, too, but he always gets left out.

I'm wondering which version of the admins you plan on using. Matt's description sounds like his remake design, but I couldn't really get a handle on whether Shelley was the redhead from the original or she's rocking that newer, more exotic look from the remakes. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention.

There's not too much else to say this early on, but I am dying to see Wally and May branch out and see what has become of the rest of Hoenn. Ash's slow discovery of each city's problems and compromises with Team Rocket was one of the things that always kept me reading. Call it morbid curiosity.
Marching Madly Onward chapter 1 . 4/7/2015
11 chapters deep and I'm only just now finding out about it? I don't know how I let this one slip by me.

You're off to a great start. In typical 50 fashion, you've turned Aqua and Magma into warring factions instead of rival gangs, and the degree of the fallout is already becoming apparent. And we've only seen the tiniest side of it. I can only imagine how hard Hoenn has been hit if a simple skirmish turned into such a disaster.

I have to wonder how Wally/Wallace's lordly status will shake things up. I'll admit I'm not fond of the move because I always liked the depiction of this sickly little kid starting with nothing and turning himself into a formidable trainer. It feels like he might have things a bit easier if he comes from nobility. But who knows? Maybe it will bite him in the ass when he runs into rebels who want to ransom him off, and you've already made his illness far worse than it was in the games.

Interesting that you're referring to Wally by his full name of Wallace. Does this mean we won't see the eccentric Water Gym Leader/occasional Champion from Sootopolis? Or will we get some name shenanigans as one is confused for the other? I normally wouldn't doubt Wallace's appearance, but he's in an usual situation. Juan can fill his shoes just as easily, and you've already shown a willingness to shake things up a bit by cutting Gary completely and moving Ash into his position as Oak's grandson.

As for future developments, I'm curious to see how those multiple POVs play out. I've always been a fan of ensembles casts, especially if it lets us see multiple sides to a conflict that pits the various protagonists against each other in a way that we can understand everyone's reasons for fighting. Really amps up the human cost of war.

I am a bit surprised you chose to start with Wally, though. I figured May would be our lead and our hook as the holdover from The Sun Soul, but I'm not complaining. I've always liked Wally and wished he would have had more screen time in Ruby/Sapphire. Let's see where it goes.
Laconeko chapter 11 . 3/25/2015
I keep forgetting to add things in my reviews.
Chapter 10: I like your reference to the 'secret base' mechanic of the games, it took me a while to catch it.
I also found the piece about nicknames rather amusing.
Chapter 11: Well, it seems Wallace has made a deal with the devil.
While the humans in this story can be pretty awful (for personal reasons or necessity), I find the most horrifying of evils to be some of the the legendary pokemon. Compared to what they Are, the suffering and triumphs of humanity feels less significant.
Then again, Groudon 'feels' evil, but it is a being of elemental earth and fire. It isn't too shocking that it wants more of it in the world, which I guess is similar to Kyogre and Rayquasa (though a world without land or water would be odd... maybe Rayquasa would prefer a gas-giant?).
Laconeko chapter 10 . 3/23/2015
I -was- wondering if the psychic bond had anything to do with Wallace handling the orb better than May, and this gives a bit of insight into what May is going through too (I wonder if drowning and crushing pressure is better or worse than having your flesh burned from your bones...).
The bit of backstory about how Hoenns 'current political climate' came to be was enlightening, more of what is going on makes sense now, and also why the teams have such different modus operandi.
Laconeko chapter 9 . 3/23/2015
Wallace you crafty bastard. Of the three 'protagonists' of this story, I think I like Wallace the most.