Reviews for Harry Potter and the Riders of the Apocalypse
Guest chapter 21 . 10/12/2017
It's A FUCKING LEVITHIAN
hdres chapter 27 . 10/14/2017
A very interesting story. I am enjoying the idea of Death as a character and all the possibilities you are exploring. The battle was well constructed and pacy and left enough unanswered questions to keep the story exciting. One small comment would be that you have lots of characters on the go and you don't always give them much air time so they can become a bit two dimensional. which to be fair is a similar problem with the original stories. I am looking forward to enjoying the next book. Thank you for sharing your ideas.
minusgix chapter 57 . 10/13/2017
I like this story but I do have a few peeves with it:
Harry has anger problems, where do these even come from? Did becoming Death suddenly make him super-angry for some reason?
He's an eleven year old, some people would be laughing if he started a speech, most not taking him entirely seriously. That would make more sense than like 95% of the people taking him seriously.
I can see those who know he's the Pale Rider taking him seriously, and Dumbledore/Flitwick. Dumbledore because prophecy and he later suspects it; Flitwick because of suspecting it, and dueling with him.
Also with the few people that actually treat him his age (and it does make sense, because he's only eleven, then twelve, then thirteen) they get him mad at them.
When Sirius has Harry locked into the house for his own protection (because he heard that his Godson was near enough that he actually saw that creature fighting, which would have to be awfully near). It makes sense, your twelve year old Godson who you really want to protect goes running around by himself. He's only twelve, in Muggle government you'd get in trouble if your charge was running around all by himself for months.
Harry never explains himself to Sirius. He only does so through Madame Bones but they were also way to harsh on Sirius.
There's some other ones that I don't feel like typing down right now, but I did really enjoy this story. Where did the Creatures from Beyond the Veil, the Pale Riders, the Balance etc come from? Or did you come up with them by yourself, if so wow. I really like those ideas of the story. Interesting is that many of their names seem to be the names of Demons.
Fan chapter 57 . 10/8/2017
I love this. So unique, well thought out, and engaging. It is wonderful. Please keep going. I know you likely have other things going on in your life but please continue. I simply have to know how this goes. You have a real talent. I wish there was more stories like this. I have to ask though do I detect some Full Metal Alchemist and Hellsing references? Love those shows.
Lupy chapter 55 . 9/28/2017
Well, end of book two. Still enjoying it, though I'm sad I'm about to catch up to the most recent chapter.

So far my guesses are two for two. From the prophesy given by Luna it seems that Neville will indeed be famine, though it is possible for you to pull a fast one somehow. Other than that, there was no real mention of who War might be other than that bit about Daphne's hair getting lighter without anyone realizing it but Harry back on the train. That could be a hint it is her, or it could be a false trail.

Something I've noticed in your writing with this second "book" is that if they don't have a use then a character will completely drop off the face of the Earth. For example, Hermione and Millicent both seemed to be important friends of Harry's from "book" one, yet I don't remember a single time you showed them in this one other than Hermione when Harry was locked in Grimmauld over the summer. Similarly, Astoria was introduced on the train, Harry promised to look out for her, and we've heard nothing of her since. Luna has also only popped up a couple of times despite her importance as their seer. Ron was also not mentioned at all after the summer until a brief afterthought of his chess tournament in this chapter. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but I thought I'd bring it to your attention in case you weren't aware of it.

Anyways, I guess I'll finish catching up with what you have and then have to (im)patiently wait for more. Keep up the good work.

-Lupy
Lupy chapter 27 . 9/28/2017
I like the story so far, and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of it. You said in an AN earlier that you'd be dropping hints, but that we wouldn't find out who was each Rider until their book. Well, the end of book 1 seems like a good place to make some predictions.

You hinted War was at the Ministry party, and as they were also introduced there, that War is either Daphne or Tracey. I'm unsure as to which, as it could be Daphne because she is liked better in fanon by most people, but I'm leaning towards Tracey from the comments she made about Harry's dueling style and how she seemed interested in fighting.

You mentioned Neville's reserves and his green thumb as possible indicators of him being Famine, and that's really the only hints I saw on that one. I feel that was a bit blatant if that was actually a hint and makes me actually feel like Neville might not be one, but I'm not certain.

I think Plague/Pestilence might be Hannah. Going along the same lines as Neville's green thumb being a possible indicator for Famine, Hannah's interest in healing could be an indicator for Pestilence. I could just be imagining things there, but the reasoning seems sound for it as I don't think you've really given any overt hints for either Famine or Pestilence like you have with War (again, the ministry ball event).

Lastly, I think it would be interesting if Susan was the budding Necromancer that was occasionally mentioned. It would fit with her last name, Bones, the backstory you provided about her parents provides motive, and she's from a family old enough to have some books on the subject. Considering the characters list has Susan as the pairing, that would be an interesting dynamic, especially since you've made it so Death actually likes necromancers. Harry could help her along to becoming a Lich without also getting a kill on sight for reprehensible acts type thing.

Anyway, those are my predictions for now, time for me to see how they play out in in book two.

-Lupy
Wongjunkit chapter 57 . 9/29/2017
Just finished reading, can't wait for the other chapters and the confrontation with the current War. It will be interesting.
nightvintral chapter 1 . 9/24/2017
huh pretty sure famine is Neville and Tracey is war with daphne being her companion
DODO chapter 30 . 9/21/2017
Really? 2 Galleons10 Pounds15 Dollars as a fee for a pinch of floo powder? Isnt that a bit over the top?
Especially, considering that Harrys original/canon wand in HPTPS cost 7 Galleons and one Ron Weasley said, he never had even 1 full Galleon for himself!
Usually in fanfics they give a few knuts, up to 1 sickle!
Anyway, thank you for the interesting story, I enjoy it quite a lot!
Almanaro Alcarafinwe chapter 42 . 9/19/2017
FILCH IS WAR! WHAT THE F*** IS WRONG WITH YOU!
Almanaro Alcarafinwe chapter 34 . 9/19/2017
I swear, if Ron Weasley is War, I will personally destroy you.
Brit4Shains chapter 53 . 9/11/2017
Foot the bill... the term is foot the bill... not fit the bill...

But, good chapter and I did like the closure... a few chapters ago, when Narcissa was talking with Harry, a preverted part of me thought she might be speaking about Arthur, hence the huge feud between the 2 families, but I also did think it might be Remus.
Brit4Shains chapter 52 . 9/11/2017
First of all... I really like this story. Goes where many others fear to tread. I've read many on this site and haven't run across this theme before.

With Irma present in the state, I've had plenty of time to read this over the last couple of days. Thank goodness for a generator when it is needed.

I do have one question, or comment maybe... Your A/N states 'And thus Hannah has the bow of Pestilence. Its many properties will be examined in the future.'

Yet, paragraphs above this entry, you wrote that they had discovered a "Quiver" which by definition and your later sentences, holds arrow and in this case, that never run out.

Am I to suppose that one of the properties is that it produces a bow to shoot said arrows from?

Please let me know through another A/N or PM...

Thanks for a great story!
vmcclure2 chapter 1 . 9/1/2017
U might want to find the part of the sentence that has Ollivander. ..."said told Harry..." someone never deleted 'said' when they decided on 'told'.
Great chapter though.
Mr.Heller chapter 26 . 8/20/2017
Pulling problems out of your ass doesn't make a story interesting, quite the opposite in fact.
1,618 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 .. Last Next »