Reviews for Alterations
WhiteMagpie chapter 8 . 1/24/2012
Perfect, there's no point in me trying to come up with anymore synonyms for that word, just perfect. Thank you.
Veronica Rosadell chapter 8 . 4/4/2010
The story I have always yearned to read. fantastic!

J.R.R. Tolkien was never so interested in such things...
Nieriel Raina chapter 8 . 5/27/2006
Great story!

Nieriel Raina chapter 7 . 5/27/2006
Excellent! Great chapter! Love it.

Nieriel Raina chapter 6 . 5/27/2006
That is one of the best large group eating and chatting individually around a table that I have read! Masterful! I am enjoying this story.

Nieriel Raina chapter 3 . 5/27/2006
Oh, you did a fantastic job capturing the elf and the dwarf! I loved it.

Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 5/27/2006
This is very good. An interesting take on things. I look forward to the next chapter.

Altariel-Jaina chapter 8 . 11/28/2003
wow! this...this is amazing!it truly is!I loved the way you portrayed all the characters, it seemed to be Tolien himself the one who was writing this!
I specially liked Aragorn and Imrahil's conversation and the three ring-bearers as well-those are difficult characters and you wrote about them perfectly.I liked your Arwen(now, that's a first)and as I love Faramir, I loved yours as well.
very good galadriel and the reference to the Trees of light.
helga chapter 8 . 4/25/2003
I just read through this wonderful story. Your characters are amazingly well-drawn, so true to "canon," yet they add a little extra insight that sounds like it could have come straight from The Master himself!

A very thoughtful and moving story, only I wish it had continued. I'll look forward to reading more of your work.
Acacea chapter 8 . 3/8/2003
Oh 't belive I missed this update, thank you for reviewing Dawn or I'd never have realised you'd put up the next chapter.

This was a lovely story, I only wish I'd found it earlier. I loved the little line where Aragorn said it had gone better than expected. It's such a natural reaction!:-) And the interlude bewteen Galadriel, Elrond and Gandalf was very well-written.

Hope to see more from you!
estelcontar chapter 8 . 2/7/2003
I really enjoyed reading this story. It gave me much pleasure,so thank you very much for writing it.

I especially enjoyed the bit, when you went back to the incident in Thorongil, and had Imrahil recognize Aragorn.

I also liked chapter 7, and I wouldn't at all mind re-reading the reviews!
shirebound chapter 8 . 2/4/2003
A lovely ending; you tied everything up quite well! I've really enjoyed this story, Eledhwen - thank you!
Acacea chapter 7 . 2/2/2003
Hi...I just found this story today, thought i'd let you know i found it really sweet. will there be more or was this the last chapter?

as for this chapter, it was perfect, definitely not too angsty!

i haven't rotk on me right now, but did aragorn have an opportunity to meet finduilais, hadn't he already left gondor by then? i ask only because i'm not sure myself.

all in all, great story!
Nilmandra chapter 7 . 1/21/2003
I don't think this chapter is too angsty. It raises a number of questions in my mind, though. It seems like Aragorn is trying to make himself too ordinary to Faramir. I'll tell you what my first impressions are - they are only my opinons. The chapter is well written, as always.

Was smoking offensive to the people of Gondor? Was Aragorn trying to give up the habit? All those with the habit seemed so at ease with it that I wouldn't have thought it offensive (well, perhaps to elves).

I am not sure about the comments on healing - that "his" healing skills can belong to any man. I thought that athelas' properties were helpful to all, but their aid against the "black breath" was a trait that came when the leaves were crushed and spoken over by a King of the Numenoreans? I thought it was special to Aragorn? "The hands of the King are hands of a healer" that is how they would know him.

The comment about Denethor saying the steward and king were equal...I know that Denethor's lineage was nearly as pure as Aragorn's in terms of descent from the Numenoreans. But I thought he told his sons not even 10,000 years without a king was enough in Gondor for a steward to assume the throne, that the king was not coming back. I thought Denethor held out for the king? He had to remind Boromir of this fact - they were stewards, not kings and one day one would return.

The only other thing that I thought about with Faramir is that I think he would be more interested in hearing what Aragorn could tell him about his mother than asking him why he had not told him sooner. I would picture Faramir asking that question much later, if at all.

Would Aragorn have said the steward the and king are equals? Then whey did he need to claim the throne? Why did he do all he did in the war? Why was he the one person who could unite the people and reclaim the throne? I think Aragorn put himself above no man. But they weren't equals, no matter how you looked at it.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
Nilmandra chapter 6 . 1/21/2003
I love any scene with Faramir and Frodo together! Faramir is good for Frodo, I think. Not apt to pressure him unduly, to listen and accept Frodo where he is at. In many ways I think they have similar personalities.

The twins and the young hobbits. Scary combination. I like that you put them together. I am sure they did see more of each other in later years when Elessar came to Lake Evendim.