Reviews for After Me, the Flood
Lli chapter 3 . 4/21
Butler, Butler, Butler - all the feels! This continues to be fabulous.
Lli chapter 2 . 4/17
I think this is the first version of Myles I've ever read that's an actual person, not just a prop. And an interesting one at that!
Lli chapter 1 . 4/17
This story was recommended to me with the highest of praise and it doesn't disappoint! Your writing is wonderfully lush.
Alchemechanist chapter 3 . 3/26
Ohhhh, this is yummy. I was just waiting for Artemis Sr to smack the shit out of Artemis, and I'm honestly so glad that didn't happen. I was stressin'. You write his parents as such nasty, messy people, and it's so refreshing. And the scenes with Butler were astounding and tugged at the heartstrings. Your Artemis is just incredible. Such specific choices, so many layers. There's so much subtle darkness and honest grit in your version of this world. I love it. Your prose is so colorful and lush. I just. More. Please. I will just beg for more and call it a day.
you should update more often, this is awesome
The elusive shadow chapter 3 . 3/26
Amazing new chapter. I really like your style of writing, especially the use of the more unique words which really create a great feeling in the story and challenge me as reader. It really captured the feeling of Artemis and his world.

The dynamics of the family continues to shift and the relationships seem so multi-dimensional. Also liked how you portrayed the relationship between Artemis and Butler, it seemed to have evolved from what we know from the books. Really intriguing.

Lastly the dialogue between Artemis and his father was so exciting to read, I sat on needles all the way trhough (it's a swedish expression and I'm too tired to remeber if it exist in english) it was really exciting.
The only thing I wanted to comment on in that part is the fact that Artemis didn't really act like an 18 year old, he seemed almost afraid of his father. It seemed a bit odd, I totally accepted it though because it was so masterfully done. Artemis sr was really threatening and the athmosphere in the room omnious. And maybe their history before Artemis sr's long absence had something to do with it.

Anyway, great chapter. Enjoyed it all the way trhough.
Kirlial chapter 2 . 11/27/2014
Very brilliant story so far. Myles has never felt so intriguing before, seeing some of Artemis's father is also nice. You're exploring some complex themes admirably.
The elusive shadow chapter 2 . 10/21/2014
Wonderful story, you really captured everyone's personalities, especially Artemis, he is caring and loving but in his own way and he remains the level-headed genius he was (mostly) in the books. You also captured Angeline's insanity rather well, and Artemis reaction to it felt very genuine. Myles was also very interesting, I usually don't like the twins because people tends to exagerate their traits, making them into caricatures, but your Myles were smart but was also a child an very human.

Lastly I really loved how you depicted the Fowl family. Colfer kind of brushed aside the consequences of what had happened but I always felt like there would be deep running scars from such a dysfunctional family. I mean; Artemis Fowl sr didn't appear to be the model father and a criminal as well, he disappears, leaving Artemis to care for the family fortune and Angeline turned insane. Other things happened and I just felt like they were only pretending to be a happy family but underneith the cracks were growing, you portraited that really well.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter. And if you want or need a beta or just a sounding board for ideas just PM, I would love to help because this story is just that awesome.
yesnik chapter 1 . 9/16/2014
Excellently written. I loved the way you portrayed Angeline Fowl in all her madness - spot in, really, my friend. And, the way you characterized Myles Fowl was...unique, in a good way, of course, and I found his pessimism quite adorable. Artemis Fowl the Second's dialogue was...I'm using the same expression, I know...spot on, if not a bit verbose. And, Butler was...actually, and I mean this with no offense, my friend...unremarkable. And, this perturbed me quite a bit because, well, he is and probably always will be, my favorite character. Oh, and, lastly. Artemis Fowl Senior's dialogue (this is for Chapter 2) was, again, spot on. Well, I suppose that's all...so, thank you for writing this, and I'm excited to read the next chapter.
WolfButler chapter 2 . 9/12/2014
Well, this is still amazing. You write brilliantly - which I may have already said, but it bears repeating.

You make good use of dramatic description without going overboard and you write dialogue just as well, which is difficult as it can be hard to do both equally.

The plot also seems interesting, so good news all round!

Keep up the good work,

Wolfy
ooo
O
XFireSermonX chapter 1 . 7/24/2014
Well done. Your story has a unique sophistication that most fan written material lacks. I am glad I stumbled upon it, there is a scarcity of good work on this site. I admire the authenticity of Angeline's madness and the title is fitting. Après moi, le déluge. It seems the damage has been done in the Fowl household, I always thought so myself. I look forward to your update.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/18/2014
awww yeah B) i like it
WolfButler chapter 1 . 7/17/2014
Must admit, I was almost put off by the summary as personally I do not like Artemis/Butler pairings because I like the brother/father-son relationship they have. But I'm glad I read this anyway. Good (for me in any case) to hear that there will be no romance in this.

Thought the horse bit was brilliant, either you know your horses or you have done your research. I would only suggest that Butler's horse Dido could be bigger than 18.2hh and it still be entirely feasible but then again she is a mare and to be used for riding, not for draught work. Either way, that bit was great. And so was the Juliet comment about the alarm "losing its shit" - very IC for her and made me laugh.

Your description, as always, is amazing. You come up with many great metaphors and similes, so well done with that.

Very interested to see how this turns out. It's great to see you're expanding from one-shots, I must admit I've been looking forward to it.

Well, keep up the good work,

Wolfy