Reviews for Cold Space
Bellgram chapter 1 . 7/1/2018
This was not what I had expected when I first started it. I love the twists and turns the story takes seamlessly between each chapter. Excellent work!
Retired Kitkat chapter 13 . 1/15/2018
When I've put this fic in my favourite's list I intended to read it as soon as possible. By that time I'd read only the earlier chapters. And then life happened and only now, 2018, I could find the time to rumage through my bookmarks and read it all at once. Wonderfull! That is the word that comes to my mind after reading such a great story. Even if Goku isn't the main character here, he still played a major role and you made him delightfully slow and perceptive and all that makes him Goku. Loved it! I needed to coment on his character since he is my favourite after all. Your Frieza is the first one that I liked, because of all the inner conflicts, the lingering madness, his obsession with Vegeta. All so captivating. And Vegeta... I have no words. I'm a die hard Goku fan, but who can not love our saiyan prince? The episode where he finally admited that Goku was the best (280) had me jumping in joy (Finally!). The Vegeta you portrayed was really great, I could almost feel his terror in the presence of Frieza, but also his defiance in the face of the crazy lunatic. Loved the part where he decided to tell Frieza about his acomplishments in life, later realising the big amunition he actually gave his nemesis. Your solution to every little detail was flawless, to the God of Creation theory, to the uneasy and guilty of Goku in the end (he will be forever haunted by the screams), to how he managed to keep Vegeta hooked to his own universe despite the plans of Whis. But your first epilogue kinda left me with a taste of continuation. Is it possible? Not really asking, but I felt like a cue was there for it, like what would Vegeta wish for? To lift his immortality? Yeah, maybe I was having the wrong impression, for this fic is just perfect the way it is.
Tireless Overseer chapter 5 . 8/30/2017
your take on frieza is just.. perfect..
Tireless Overseer chapter 1 . 8/30/2017
This..will be amazing, I can already tell..
Over8000 chapter 13 . 2/5/2016
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. Your portrayal of Frieza and his slow descent into madness was perfect, the delightful interactions of the Cold Family, and the enmeshment with Vegeta. I can totally see Whis as the God of Creation, and how sad yet appropriate to give Vegeta a glimpse of it. And ... Chicory. I like the name. I hope to see more works like this.
callmeBaby'08 chapter 3 . 1/4/2016
He wiped out everything and everyone...no guessing was needed he lost his freaking mind. Excellent character details and portrayal of development by the way.
Smithback chapter 13 . 12/26/2015
maddnes... cool maddnes.. interesting maddnes...
great great great great story
Vegetanime chapter 13 . 12/24/2015
Okay, that... wasn't as horrible as I had imagined it. With how you were selling it, I thought it would be super depressing and all, but it's not that bad.

It's not even Vegeta the one trapped there, right? It's a sample of his energy? Not that bad, seems like /our/ Vegeta doesn't feel any different.

And Freeza isn't as bad off as he was before right? At least now he has a distraction, he's better off than when Goku found him the first time.

Honestly, you had me really scared, but we have done much more depressing and horrible drabbles than this in our chats! It was really good, honestly, but there are many unanswered questions left! So you know what to do, right? (*hint hint*) ;)
Vegetanime chapter 12 . 12/24/2015
That was actually pretty cute! Well, without taking into account Whis' plan and the impendable doom looming in the horizon...

Whis, you cold bastard!

Loved the discussion between Bulma and Vegeta. Corset, really? And Chicory! Poor girl...

Onto the second part! I'll let you know what I think of it.
Luke chapter 11 . 10/14/2015
I'm glad I had this in my favorites...I always wondered where this story would go.

Thank you for the entertainment!
Smithback chapter 11 . 9/6/2015
woow!
I love this story..
so.. I do not remember what happened with the dragon balls of the earth.. or porunga; but can not they ask for Freeza not to be inmortal anymore?

and yes, I was thinking of ttaking Freeza back to his dimention...
wow.. a very very good story.. so interesting.. stressful and great

I loved Vegeta as the God of life...
and his final solution..

this story is a perfect definition of Angst .

and
childish monkey!
and
power-drunk lizard,!
ajajaj
WOOOOOW!
kazikamikaze24 chapter 11 . 9/4/2015
This has got me quite excited. I cannot wait to read what happens next!
vegetanime chapter 11 . 8/26/2015
Omg! The fight was awesome! I really laughed at your explanation of what it looked like! XD
At the beginning I thought Veget's original idea was for both to go back to Freeza's universe, but then it wasn't...
And Vegeta manages to stay here? I wasn't expecting it at all! And I have the feeling it's gonna end badly...
by the way, wasn't this supposed to be the last chapter? Is it? And then you'll make the epilogue and special chapter?
Great chapter, liked it a lot. Can't wait for the next ;) .
Ki guy chapter 11 . 8/19/2015
I really must say I did not see that coming.
vleer1994 chapter 10 . 5/11/2015
Hello there.
And I'm soooo very sorry that I haven't put a review in such a long time, almost halve a year even.
Not because I didn't like the story anymore, or heck because I wasn't interested in it.
No, no, the reason is you see, me and my family are moving to a different country in a month and a half and life for the past half year was hella hecktic for me personally, with work and trying to get my drivers license and such, hell my computer even broke down just now, so yeah, I know that this isn't a good excuse or anything, but I feel that I atleast should tell why I haven't reviewed anything the past few months.

And as for the cover, I realy promise that I will finish it before I move, I really do, but the thing is, I did have a basic design that I thought was pretty good, but then I started to doubt myself like that it maybe is a but showing ( sorta ) and that I wanted to cramp way to much stuff into one page.
And with your two newest chapters ( 9 and 10 ) I wanted to change a lot of things overall, but I really didn't knew what to do with it unfortunatly.
But like I said, I will try to upload more designs were you can chose which one you would like to use.
That would only be fair.

Anyway on to the review
God did I love these 2 new chapters, not only have you made a waaaay better story than the revival of f movie, but the idea to not give frieza a new transformation but a new and extremely destructive and dangerous move/attack is so original and yet it fits sooo well not only into the story but also that frieza could be the only one to learn it because of his immortality. I absolutely love it.
And the emotions of lonelyness that you described that frieza has, it really brought a tear to my eye, the fact that he is all alone in his universe, no one to challenge him, no one he can talk to or express his emotions with, no one to even though, the cold truth of being immortal really hit him hard after all these years, and it shows, and maybe that's why he clings to vegeta here so much, because he is the only thing that's left, that he remebers, that made him feel, and now that vegeta is immortal aswell he is the only being in the universe that he can relate to.
And you show how Frieza feels about vegeta so darn well expecially with thies passage

"You will understand, sooner or later," the Arcosian assured him, a faraway look making its way onto his face, "After all, we have all eternity to get it right..."

Gosh it just sends shivers down mine spine when I read that, and the good kind mind you
And I like the way you made vegeta find out about his immortality too, it was quite shocking for him either way. And the transition to Whis giving Vegeta the staff, making him a god of creation
( and I say this again I love how you made Whis more than just a teacher for Beerus, making him a god of creation balances everything out so well, if only you where the writer for the revival of f movie, then it would have been pure awesomeness, unlike now the new movie seems like a huge disapointment, lame and lazy Frieza recolor transformation, lazy way why Frieza became as strong as a god in four months of " training ", no vegeta and frieza development, and most of all no linda young voicing him, it just makes me wanna cry, but enough ranting, uhum)
Anyhow, whis giving Vegeta the staff was something I never saw coming, making him a god of creation, what I did saw coming was a way to make Frieza go back to his own universe again and I did have a hunge that vegeta would sacrifice himself and in the end going with him aswell.
But I was wondering, how you would pull it off, and I have to say that if I'm correct on this one, that it would have been a briljant idea.
That vegeta in his past encountered a race that dissapeared with their planet away from the universe with a technique, vegeta now learing the very same technique by his new god of creation powers, and now he will make himself and Frieza dissapear back to frieza's universe to breath new life into it.
Have I told you that I loved how you pull this off.

And I loved the comedic part where goku tells vegeta to say abrakadabra to make the staff work, and the funny thing is, it might have been exactly that, reminds me of a scene in gt where kid goku tells piccolo and dende to use a word so that they can match their portal beam correctly so that goku can escape from hell back to earth.
But Hokus pocus would have been funny too, ah clasic goku, when will he learn.

Also a funny part where one of the races held a book of destiny that told that vegeta would have been a god by now, well that kinda came true didn't it, so they weren't lying after all then hehe.

I really like where everything comes into place in your story, expecially vegeta's development.
The series have done this poorly after all in my opinion, and the battle of god and revival of f did an even worse job than the main series considering his development.
In this story Vegeta seems to be accepting his destiny and the fact that he is coming to grip where he belongs, and that his chapter with Frieza is far from over yet, that he is even the only one that can balance him out too, he will create where as frieza destroys, from the moment that they first met their fate was set into stone.

I wish that more people would dwelve into their relationship with each other, other than frieza is the cruel cold master and vegeta the poor broken slave, and that's so far from the truth, unfortunatly people use this trope for their bulma/vegeta or goku/vegeta fanfics, which I really dislike for that fact, but I'm glad that there are people like you that can pull it of and actually do, and make a deep story aswell, instead of going the easy route and make a vegeta was tortured and raped by frieza and bulma or goku make everything all better.

You can't believe how happy you make me with this story, and oh my god the cliffhanger, you are so cruely good at those.

Anyway I'll appologise again for not reviewing for so long and not having the cover done either, but you can expect it before I'm going to move, that's for sure.

So keep well and see you in the next chapter