Reviews for Runaway
Elessar's Daughter chapter 1 . 6/13
I read this a few months ago and should have reviewed it earlier. Your writing style is wonderful and one of the best I've encountered while reading fanfic. I don't know how l didn't catch it, but somehow I imagined her father being a wood cutter and living near Bree and the boy who turned out to be Eldarion having this silly mop of orange hair. It was all so vivid that I die laughing thinking about it now. As you may have surmised I love Aragorn's children and intend for them to come a lot into my writing( l would Never do a self insert.) You really did an epic job capturing the feel of Tolkien. Being a relative of Túrin, and seeming having inherited his temper, I thought that the section where she 'killed' Eldarion was perfect. All in all I have to say that this is the best one shot I have ever read. Thank you so much!
LadyOfAnfalas chapter 1 . 12/22/2014
I loved this story! It was amazingly well written, with interesting characters. I honestly didn't know who the main character was until a certain someone came in and she said "-" (I won't spoil it for anyone who reads reviews to decide on a story)
Guest chapter 1 . 12/18/2014
...your story once again truly makes me wish to be a ranger's daughter instead of being born into my secure life of urban comfort with an indoor job at a university. Even before I read your profile I guessed your background (with the West and the Cowboy), and the atmosphere you create reminds me of the precious hours I can spend at my own version of that here in old tame europe... I ride a connemara instead of quarterhorse and our 'wild' probably fits into one of your pastures, but the cows are real and on the trail are no fences, so the job is to be taken serious, and the man who teaches us could fit into your stories easily enough... uh, so this was my long way of saying I love your writing style and the atmosphere and characters you create :-)
iiiionly chapter 1 . 9/19/2014
::SLIGHT SPOILERS BELOW - DON'T READ FURTHER IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE STORY AND DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED::

So, I have a confession to make ... I don't usually read fan fiction that doesn't feature the characters I know and love - they're the reason I read fan fiction to begin with. But you've impressed me enough, I was willing to take the chance and so continued reading after the first paragraph here.

Not only was I was richly rewarded, you've made me cry again. I would offer the caveat that I'm old and anything the least bit emotional makes me cry these days, but that would be taking away from the wondrous beauty of this story and your fledgling princess.

It came as a shock to me, when someone mentioned how much they enjoyed my world-building, because it had never occurred to me that what I was doing was world building. Perhaps you've set your feet purposefully on that path and know full well what you're doing; if so, congratulations on the conception and birth of your world. It is awesome!

Having begun with the first story, and progressed up through two more, you're doing a marvelous job of building the structure and world of the Dunedain. Giving them life and depth by showing us their joys and heartaches, by fleshing out personalities that have been just names, and showing us their little foibles.

The very best stories always leave me imagining the characters in their continuing journey. Here I'm imagining that this old Ranger will be able to forgive and never forget again, but those memories will be tempered with release from the bitterness.

I sincerely appreciate the world you are opening up for me, it's been a joy spending time in it, but now RL calls me away - drat it. Though I go to spend time on line with friends I made in another fandom that are as precious to me as jewels, and so it's no chore I go to. i just don't want to leave THIS world right now!

I'll be back to spend time with the last two stories eventually!

tanis
Levade chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
Another story from Ev! Congrats on the second! This one made me sniffle a bit.

I love the grumpy old Ranger with his achy joints and raspy voice. How she knew immediately what he was by the star brooch regardless that he sounded like a grumbly bear. His pain and anger is very real. What a price to pay for duty and honor. That he helps her despite his pain, despite the voices and memories says so much about him.

Cal. I love her! I could see her so clearly in my head. As a younger sister who once clobbered her bigger brother with a very solid plate, I can relate! She is very much her own person and yet I can see echoes of her parents. You gave the loveliest hints! The easy, lilting Sindarin, the manners, the fire in her.

I like that you didn't make him easily kind. It was hard for him, and had a price. He is also very real and I would love to see him again. I love how he knew her father was tracking her, despite what she said, and opened the window then the door. Brundir might be old and achy but he is still a sharp Ranger!

Of course her father coming in was everything she wanted from him, and so did I! *sniffle*

I'm with Linda on this. If the bunny bites, I'd love to see more! :)
Peace,
levade
annafan chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
I've read this a few times to see if I could see the twist coming. .. I suppose the Sindarin part way through is the clue! Lovely descriptions of life in the wilds and the loneliness of the old man who lost his family.
Winterfell-6 chapter 1 . 7/18/2014
Lovely story, well-written and sweet. I figured out who Cal's dad was as soon as she said he was really busy. I'm glad he showed up at the end!
nyx thranduillon chapter 1 . 7/17/2014
I loved this from the moment I first read it at Teitho! Your OC's are some of the most believable out there. A brilliant story which drew me in from the very beginning and had me rapt until the final reveal.

I am proud to be able to stand up and say I voted and helped you get that very well deserved second place.
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 7/17/2014
I guessed this was yours and it had my first place vote. I admit I had some reservations about how fierce a temper Cal has to smash a vase over her brother's head. I would have liked to know more about the argument, or maybe if he had fallen when pushed and hit his head might be more likely.

That said, I just loved the old man and liked the way you showed that the Ring war had heavy costs for some.

I just loved the ending, a wonderful twist!

I would love a sequel about these characters if the Muses ever inspire you.

Very well done in your first Teitho!
TMI Fairy chapter 1 . 7/17/2014
Well written.
The ending surprised me.
Tragic fate of the old ranger ...
Borys