Reviews for The Die
claire1805 chapter 36 . 1/15
Dear Author, I am a big fan of your work. And "After The Sea" is one of my all-time favourites. I wanted to re-read it after completing the fic a few years ago but was shocked when I could not find it here anymore. Have you taken it down? Will you be putting it up again in the future? I am heart-brokened that it is no longer available to be read because "After The Sea" is such an incredible and compelling story. It has left an indelible impact on me. I hope that I will have the chance to read it again.
LondonsWhereMyHeartIs chapter 1 . 1/10
I’ve just finished reading this and you’re dead wrong in the first authors note. It’s not clumsy. It’s not awkward. It’s a lovely story of healing and salvation well told. I have only two minor criticisms. First I don’t think a character could know in chapter one that the die really was cast; second I don’t think it’s necessary to call out all the literary quotes and allusions.

Oh, and woo-hoo! Another fan of Catullus!
MotekElm chapter 31 . 1/8
your writing improved so much sheet this story, and yet this summer is so good in and of a itself. out of a rock beginning unfolds a deep romance. I love it
InsolementJu chapter 36 . 1/1
Hi !
I was looking forward to (re)read after the sea but I can't find it. Is it a way to have it ?
By the way, I am a big fan of your writings (read à lot of them à lot of time).

I hope there is not to much mistake in my writing : I am French and if I am quite fluent at reading, I have trouble with writing...

Keep writing! :-)

And happy New year 2018 !
Montana chapter 33 . 12/27/2017
1. Downloading was easier than I could have possibly imagined.

2. One of my many favorite things about this story is the level of restraint you consistently show in the dialogue and narration. The conversations between Draco and Theo feel so real, in part because of all the blanks left for the reader. The underlying assumptions are still really clear, and feel much more intimate because of the blanks. I don't know if "white space in dialogue" is a literary thing, but it should be and you do a lovely job of it.

3. Another of my 10 favorite things is that I get so caught up in reading the story that I don't take time to review, because- next chapter! So here I am, back to review, trying to remember all of the lovely things I noticed and enjoyed.

4. Also, the hints at menage a trois feel really natural in this story, like a really human way of organizing a complex caring relationship rather than shocking or perverse, but still adding a level of relational tension- will they? won't they? I wish I could look at "We Learned the Sea" (in a non-demanding, hopefully you see this as flattering rather than weird kind of way), and I think the way you left it here is probably more honest. It seems like this Draco would be pretty deeply hurt if the line that Hermione flirts with was crossed; like he might go with it, with some bitterness, and the relationship would corrode over time.

5. Also, BAMF Narcissa is the best Narcissa. Powerhouse Narcissa- Hooray!

6a. Child soldiers of the losing side as Hermione's cause du jour makes soooo much sense, especially for a Hermione as disillusioned as this Hermione. 6b. Her resentment and rebelliousness add such a lovely edge, give her more angles and depth, especially when you demonstrate them with some consistency throughout the story, and yet, maintain a nice level of restraint (see above).

7. They are still traumatized- they still get all the aftershocks, but are sooooo incredibly resilient, and that feels more real, and ultimately more powerful, than some of the more convenient narrative choices available.

8. I had hoped to send this in a PM, but it is no surprise that I can't figure out the PM system on or Tumblr. I hope that you actually see this and that you get some joy from the joy you have given me.

9. Uterine darkness is a bizarre and delightful turn of phrase.

10. "I don't love you in spite of these things" cuts to the heart of the matter so well. Insight. It's a beautiful thing.

11. Ten seemed like too clean a number to leave off on. May you and your family thrive in the new year, and may you reap a healthy harvest from the joy that you share.
Guest chapter 30 . 12/25/2017
Uterine darkness is beautiful, powerful, clear imagery.
Thanks for all of this.
callmeameliareed chapter 1 . 12/25/2017
You said this was something you wanted to delete. But so far (three chapters in) it’s quite beautiful. Your writing is a pleasure to read and I’m instantly hooked. Thank you for not deleting it.
poetchickee chapter 36 . 12/22/2017
Re: my previous comment. I'm very sorry that others didn't appreciate such a kind gesture from a talented writer. After the Sea was one of my favourite fanfic and thank you so much for your reply. And I do think the die is also very well written. Both stories had beautiful references and nuances and I enjoyed all of both stories. I have read maNY of your fanfic. Yes I do need to review more but I just figured out how to use an account lol
poetchickee chapter 1 . 12/22/2017
Hi there. I know this is super unlikely that you'll get this message but I would like to know what happened to the sequel of this story. I absolutely love this series and the die and after the sea are my favourite fanfic. I would love to be able to read them both again. Would that be possible? Thank you kindly.
renaoc chapter 1 . 12/19/2017
hello you wonderful, wonderful writer ! Your works of art have long given me so much pleasure.
Whatever has happened to the alternate ending piece to The Die? It was called "After the Sea" and I loved it so. Can it be found posted elsewhere?
Book Elf chapter 1 . 12/12/2017
Hermione's speech about Draco sums up everything I feel so perfectly! If ever someone asks me why I don't hate Draco Malfoy, I will point them at this piece of writing.
realjane chapter 36 . 12/2/2017
I read this probably two-ish years ago on Ao3 and it's probably what got me interested in Draco and Hermione as a pairing in the first place. I read your beginning note about perhaps wanting to delete it but I'm glad that you haven't; I still think it's really lovely and I'm relieved it's still available to enjoy. Now that I've found it again, I'm excited to read your other work! 3
Elvire chapter 36 . 12/2/2017
Read this for the second time. Just as enjoyable the second time around. However I do prefer the alternate ending 'after the sea'. And it's gone?! Could you please put it back up? Love all your writing, thanks for sharing your talent.
rlsa chapter 33 . 12/1/2017
Yeah. This one really is my favorite. "Break her heart, and I'll be there to pick up the pieces."
yolily6 chapter 1 . 11/6/2017
I read after the sea first because well why not, and it took me months to decide to read the die.I am so glad I did it's amazing thank you for this.. I loved after the sea I thought it was great but this this is amazing.
1,620 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »