Reviews for The Devil's Due
Edyer chapter 23 . 2/5/2020
Very imaginative, great twists and turns. Really enjoyed it!
Furryboots chapter 23 . 12/4/2016
I knew when my two favorite writers got together it would be special, and it has been very special. What a story, and what amazing criminal twists you got in here. The story keeps us on our toes, never knowing what tricks you are going to play on us next. The solution to the bank robbery sounds so simple, but I never saw it coming. I knew it had something to do with the chest and Carlotta, but you still had me beat. Bravo ladies. A work any writer can be proud of. Wonderful action, terrific characters, and more mystery than anyone else could want. I'm really sorry to see this finish. I'm going to miss this a lot.
Little Bluestem chapter 23 . 12/4/2016
That last review was from me! After I pressed "Post Review" I realized I left off my name! Thanks again for a great ride.
Guest chapter 23 . 12/4/2016
Bravo! Great story and very satisfying ending! I enjoyed Carlotta's character arc. She evolved into a strong, independent, adventurous woman who has taken charge of her own life. I also like that you've left the door open for her return, possibly in futures stories...
Penski chapter 23 . 12/3/2016
Wonderful story! The Burdons were just evil, well, except for Carlotta and Charlotte (those names are awful close - I got mixed up more than once). Lots of twists and turns in this plot. Great description of the area so I felt I was right there with them. Really liked Gabe, Bill and Scarlett. Really enjoyed reading this one!
RedZipBoots chapter 23 . 12/2/2016
What a great final chapter to a really great story. Thank you ladies for all the entertainment!
Alias Gan Ainm chapter 22 . 10/16/2016
Another delightful chapter from you. And more intrigue, trickery and fun (well, fun for your readers). I was wondering how Enid's newly discovered status might impact on Carlotta and Charlotte and Heyes' plan(s). But it looks like it won't matter after all.
I loved the twists around the bank robbery, how Heyes' being too clever foiled Matheson's plans. And I have a good idea about who got away with the money. Am I right in thinking that the old Marshal got pretty close when he mentioned the possibility of a "snakeman"? I had wondered about Carlotta's sudden need for a shopping spree...
If my suspicions are correct, I'm sure she and Charlotte will do well.
Carlotta's last sentence is a hoot. What an insult for our boys.
Now I'm left wondering what will happen with Enid and the somewhat sinister lawyer, and will the Marshal discover the true culprit (or at least the one trying to blame the robbery on someone else). And most of all: how many more delightful chapters can we expect?
Call me greedy - I don't want this story to end (soon). You ladies are a dream team when it comes to writing ASJ fiction.
Furryboots chapter 22 . 10/8/2016
I've been waiting anxiously for this chapter and it didn't disappoint. What a farce the robberies were, with all the robbers making life hard for each other. It was great to finally see Heyes tackle an alarm system too. This looks like someone else robbed the bank, but who and how? I get the feeling all the clues are planted, but I'll be darned if I can spot them.
1gin6 chapter 22 . 10/7/2016
What a great update. So who robbed the bank, doesn't seem like anyone had the time to take the money. Maybe Carlotta, she did kind of disappear for a bit. I loved Kids' line to Heyes: "Maybe you're not a genius and you just hang around with really dumb criminals"
Keays chapter 21 . 6/23/2016
The best bank in town, huh? Just the kind of challenge that Heyes thrives upon! This poor bank doesn't stand a chance with every party plotting their own nefarious plots.

Are we going to see locking horns in the vault room or is one of the parties going to be sadly disappointed?

Looking forward to the next chapter, ladies. Well done.
Furryboots chapter 21 . 6/23/2016
Oh! An alarm? How are they going to rob the bank? This is the first time I've read about an alarm in an ASJ story, and it's going to make life really hard for the boys. The next one looks like a doozy. Let's hope it comes around quickly!
Furryboots chapter 20 . 5/24/2016
This is like a real novel, the way you bury clues away right at the start and then spring them on us as the story unravels. So, there's going to be a huge battle over the money, and Scarlet's going to make sure the boys are involved. This should be fun! Please post quickly.
Helen Reeves chapter 20 . 5/23/2016
Ooh excellent new twists - loved it
Lana Coombe chapter 20 . 5/24/2016
More great storytelling.
1gin6 chapter 20 . 5/23/2016
what a great update, you keep adding more and more layers to this story. Amazing! There is a big battle coming up, I am looking forward to it.