Reviews for nine2five 2,12 True Calling
Guest chapter 4 . 5/28/2015
I'm really digging the action. The set up and the fallout, while tough, is so much better than canon. Thanks.
fezzywhigg chapter 3 . 5/28/2015
Excellent chapter! I'm still worried about Sarah though. You explained Chuck's situation in the A/N very well. Your criticism of Other Guy is well taken but as you have implied, that TV for you.
fezzywhigg chapter 2 . 5/28/2015
It's very cool how your getting the band back together. I initially thought it slightly ooc for Sarah to go after Gaez with or without Volkoff's (worse with IMHO) help. My thinking was that no matter what she would want to return to Chuck first. Is this Dark Sarah? or just tying up loose ends? Of course it's the perfect excuse to go to South America ;)
fezzywhigg chapter 1 . 5/28/2015
Payback with Casey and the picture...loved it ;) My guess is that Carina was sent to seduce Chuck on the general's orders. Chuck and Zondra was a nice turn of words with Zondra's character building and setting up the spiral of Sarah. This is really an awesome AU. Thanks. Can't wait to see what "polyzygotic" will mean in context of the story. Go Ellie!
resaw chapter 4 . 8/10/2014
Thank you for providing a context in which Chuck can react in a manner commensurate with the momentousness of his taking a life. It's also really great that despite the tough sniper/assassin history that Casey has, he recognized the impact that this had on Chuck. Poor Sarah, though, still confused by the toxin, unable to help Chuck the way she wanted, and bewildered that he is "in the field" rather than in his sister's lab. All very compelling stuff.

In the middle of a season 1 rewatch, I have very little sympathy for General Beckman, who, in that early stage, had no sympathy whatsoever for Chuck as a person. Your Beckman is rather more humanized, at least in this context. She recognizes Casey's efforts at developing Chuck as an agent and asks that Casey "watch over him," in a manner that seems much less about handler to asset, than person to person, colleague to colleague, friend to friend.

"It won't come off." To me, ignorant of Shakespeare that I nevertheless am, this observation reminds me of Macbeth: "Out, damn'd spot!" Do I assume rightly that Sarah's fight with Frost is an instance of a toxin-induced descent into madness?

And then we have the virtually omnipresent Orion, who seems to be able to use his knowledge of computers to be everywhere, including the ability to see that Sarah is tormented by... something.

Thank you again, for keeping at this story.
RAB chapter 4 . 8/8/2014
Great chapter seems like everything is going to hell when it isn't but it is :) very good episode very good can't wait for next installment.
phnxgrl chapter 4 . 8/9/2014
I loved how Sarah went berserk on Frost after she watched Chuck shoot Gaez to protect Zondra. Please continue.
Molotov chapter 4 . 8/8/2014
Dun nun nunnnnn! This chapter raises more questions than it answers, and in the best way possible. When this story started it felt silly, with secret janitors and codenames and a daily Intersect download and wipe. Now? Shit's getting real. Am very interested to see the ramifications of Chuck's first kill.
Molotov chapter 3 . 8/8/2014
There's a lot going on here I like. Definitely a better CAT Squad (redundant) episode than the show. Dancing Casey, a'shootin' Chuck, the happy couple reunion, Sarah/Chuck skylight role reversal. Enjoyable stuff.
RAB chapter 3 . 8/2/2014
Sounds like a red test has been completed and Sarah left again?
Can't wait to see the next chapter in this episode.
resaw chapter 3 . 8/2/2014
An excellent revision of CAT Squad. And thank you for setting up a situation where Chuck will have to deal with having taken a life, something that is usually handled rather matter of factly in most action.

If I read this chapter correctly, Sarah's only role appears to have been to act as a distraction. I wonder what role she will play as Chuck deals with his guilt. Other questions have to do with the toxin still affecting Sarah, and Mary's situation.

Great chapter. Thanks.
phnxgrl chapter 3 . 8/2/2014
I loved the action when Amy was discovered to be the Mole. Please continue.
Molotov chapter 2 . 7/27/2014
Ahhh, I was wondering about spaceship rescue being a reference and it was. Huzzah! Dig it, son.
Molotov chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
Couldn't agree more with your assessment of, and subsequent fix, of the timeline in which Sarah and Chuck brought down Volkoff. Even if the shipper in me yearns to see them back together.
phnxgrl chapter 2 . 7/26/2014
I loved how Team B is regrouping and going after Sarah. I loved how Gaez is her target. I loved how Frost is along for the ride, Please continue.