Reviews for Psi Effect
DebaterMax chapter 31 . 5/19
Humans didn’t invent Omni gel or was that Eclipse?

How much time skip? Soul on alive but clearly post first contact (or 2nd contact with ethereal counted)
BlackBox Inc chapter 43 . 4/29
This is the chapter I was waiting for. Throughout this whole story I’ve been wondering “what could make a human scared” and this answered it. I didn’t agree with how humanity took the Elders place. And honestly the culture of titan seemed a little… well I guess you could say I’d probs end up a Marsie lol. Safe to say I truly love this and it’s a shame that it hasn’t been updated since 16 cuz I wanna see what happens next in all regards.
Wolfman217 chapter 23 . 4/21
1) should have just fucking killed Tela - that was fucking stupid leaving her alive. She's a dangerous enemy who works both the Shadow Broker and the Council, and who will defintely hold a grudge. It's fucking moronic leaving threats like that alive. It's actually SOD breaking, Ilena might be that much of a fucking moron, but the XCOM operatives wouldn't be.

2) should have kept Wrex around, a proper chat and he'd join up in 5 minutes.
Wolfman217 chapter 19 . 4/21
fucking hell I hate Tela Vasir. And you can just tell she's going to be a long term enemy, but she's so fucking annoying, just kill her.
frankiebayer2002 chapter 5 . 2/2
Hope this is not dead
Novicewriter 9907 chapter 7 . 1/22
Insistent stupidly is not appealing.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/14/2021
I hate that picture. That's the extent of my commentary here.
y1fellas chapter 43 . 8/15/2021
I like this story a lot, but it kinda doubles (triples?) down on a weakness most Mass Effect stories have. Specifically what do with Shepard, or in this case the three of them. In the game Shepard is basically a blank template for the player, which is fine, but in most fanfiction they’re actually a really boring character.

Here you have Hanna, John and Annabel, all three from the same family and feeling pretty similar in heir outlook and their behaviour.
Annabel was actually great, because she was partnered with Ilena, so she got to play grumpy badass to the energetic maiden. Not only that but I felt like there was a subtle character arc that complements Ilena’s, where the Asari grows up and assumes more and more of a real leadership role in Eclipse, Annabel comes to respect her and the Asari more and more and show some playfulness at points. It works really well. Definitely one of my favourite Shepards in any Mass Effect fanfiction.
Then there’s Hannah and John. Hannah was kinda dull, but at least she was doing something interesting in an interesting place and her interactions with her pet zombie were something. There was character there, is what I guess I mean.
John was a real chore to read, though. I think it was the lack of secondary characters that made it so boring. I can’t even remember any of his friend’s names, and his plot line was kind of lame. It was very combat focussed without much in the way of emotional context or in world context until we get the Saren scene.
Saren was fun though. It’s cool to see he remains an absolute dick. Getting that sequence from his perspective fits as a horror story.

Over all, I really enjoyed the Eclipse bits, and just kinda put up with the rest of it.
Guest chapter 6 . 1/15/2021
Ilena has big video-game-protagonist-that-picks-the-chaotic-route energy, and I’m here for it
JimmyHall24 chapter 19 . 1/17/2021
I love re-reading this story. I do it once every few months.
Guest chapter 43 . 12/31/2020
Ah... Just like the followers of my stories, I shall wait "patiently" for an update to this one. Hopefully the new year brings a new chapter? ;)
IDunnom8 chapter 43 . 12/28/2020
Is it dead?
AdmiralBeck chapter 21 . 11/13/2020
An awesome story so far. Very pleasant to read and the writing quality is on par with published fiction books.
TheLostArchivist chapter 24 . 10/10/2020
The food discussions have to be one of the funniest side events in here. The Asari love chocolate, the Quarians put salt on their salt, and the humans apparently love ice halos.
flareonflare chapter 19 . 9/21/2020
“Some big bra”

But in an earlier chapter you said asari dont have bras, bras were a new thing to illena

So why is it a saying with vasir mentioning big bra matrons
1,407 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »