Reviews for Psi Effect
You know, I kinda half expected an Uncle Wrex to show up.
"John, have you been using that two punch-headbutt combo I showed you?"
"Uncle Wrex, I'm the CQC champion of the entire planet."
"Ahh, that's my boy"
Blaze1992 chapter 23 . 3/12
Okay this has been both epic and great to read, sort of makes me wish bioware made a spin-off using this. Granted I would've appreciated you making a timeline showing events before "Buckethead" and "Idiot" meet Shep. Also you have yet to let us know what time this is currently in. Pre ME1?
xmagus chapter 31 . 3/11
Can I just point out to everyone who's reading the story here on of the following:

1. This is the archived version. The full story as it unfolds actually takes place on SpaceBattles, so if you're wondering how come the updates are glacial (or jump all over the place), they actually don't; they're quite sequential over at SB.

2. The omakes and intermissions and whatnot are integral to the storyline. These are all canon, and yes, there are timeskips here and there, but once you've read the whole story, it's not quite as jarring as you might find it here. Again, this is the archived version.
V-rcingetorix chapter 31 . 3/4
Ok, gotta say it's been a while since I've had a story so compelling I've devoted a full day to reading. I am seriously impressed with the detail work you've put in there, from the Matriarch Circle to the Codex-Google equivalent.

One thing that does not impress me, however, is the speed you suddenly inserted. I could see the multi POV in the ... ah ... 'Story' chapters (tend to disagree with switching POV more than once in a tale), but this last chapter is a tad, lacking.

To clarify, your detail work is superb, and you have a massive quantity of story in this chapter that makes reading a delight. But you skipped over what seems to be around 15 years of time. The previous chapters had a leadup to a somewhat un-foreshadowed First Contact, the turians are building up a fleet over the course of nearly 30 CHAPTERS ... John is 13 years old in a school.

Now, however, you have a Matriarch already on Mars with no one batting an eye and everyone spilling every secret that can be told. While I can see this is what you built up to, what drew me to your story was the way you carefully doled out secrets, a few here, one there, and keeping everything compartmentalized from everyone. This latest chapter has everyone knowing everything, switching from your original protagonist's (Ilena) view to practically anyone BUT her.

I'm interested in seeing what comes next, but I'm kinda hoping you go back to the writing style you had around chapter 23/22 and before.

All the same, it's just my opinion. Like a pretzel, take it with a grain of salt, and keep up the good work!
V-rcingetorix chapter 4 . 3/2
Love how you made Wrex one of the few that could go toe-to-toe with a fully upgraded XCOM soldier, and live.
CaptainToast321 chapter 25 . 2/24
Well. I'm done. Nice while it lasted.
From arc fatigue to interlude/omake hell. Ruined what little motivation I had left.

Probably come back years from now and just skip all this bullshit.
CaptainToast321 chapter 22 . 2/24
Thank GOD this arc is almost over. The story has beensuffering MAJOR arc fatigue. This entire arc could of been handled in maybe three chapters without all the nonsense.

I love the story. Don't get me wrong. But this arc has been pushing my limits.
Alice Shade chapter 31 . 2/23
Huh. You know, thats ironic. Ive had account on FF net much longer then on fimfiction, yet Ive seen your stuff there years ago, as opposed to stuff here. Talk about unpredictable serendipity.

That being said, you did not disappoint with this entertaining foray into vastly different fandom. The question Im left with, however, is if the original plotline is going to continue at some point, or its now omakes all the way to completion?
timmy1022 chapter 21 . 2/15
There must always be a Lich King!? Annette Durand gained the powers of the arch ethereal? :O
good work hope you update soon! interested in reading more!
alexc123 chapter 1 . 1/6
I love this story so much Ilena is the best character ever.
Guest chapter 31 . 12/29/2016
Interesting but did you not write in one chapter that humans don't age? And here it is implied that humans have a limited livespan.

I find it is a good chapter. But I don't really like the mixing. In the chapters with the resurrection of this Asari I had an almost Cthulhu feeling from humanity.

All that is gone and I don't like that :(
Greatazuredragon chapter 31 . 12/29/2016
Nice chapter, good work.
oldtimeydude chapter 31 . 12/29/2016
huh, methinks there's a little explanation needed for this little jump...
Umbra.Venator chapter 31 . 12/29/2016