Reviews for Magic Online
DullReign82 chapter 4 . 2/8/2018
I'm definitely enjoying this story.
DullReign82 chapter 1 . 2/8/2018
Interesting beginnings, I will read more.
surviversp chapter 46 . 2/8/2018
Thank you for the update. I was very happy to learn that this wasn't being replaced. I'm looking forward to Dumbledore and the rest getting smacked down for their botched job all around very much.
I look forward to another chapter of this enjoyable story whenever your schedule & inspiration allows.
willam and jack and jake chapter 46 . 2/8/2018
You killed Fluffy!?
You prick. :-(
Guest chapter 12 . 2/7/2018
Guest chapter 11 . 2/7/2018
I'm torn between the awesomeness of the Occamy and the fact you left poor Hedwig in the shop! T_T
WAAAAAAHHHHHHH! T_T T_T T_T T_T
Guest chapter 10 . 2/7/2018
Love how Hogwarts is presented as a game.
Wonder if there is a HP game that works like this fanfic?
Guest chapter 8 . 2/7/2018
Woah.
Talk about Epicness.
BMS chapter 21 . 2/7/2018
Enough!
All you're doing since returning to Hogwarts is continually regurgitating cannon w/ minor twist (Skull Reaper instead of Dementor / Loss of Agil & co. instead of parents death. Student body turning on him in 3rd instead of 2nd yr.) While to be expected there should be SOME variance from cannon other then different names or timing of events..
If that is not enough you're not allowing Harry to make ANY PROGRESS as a character. In fact, its a cycle of: depression, starts to come out, depression, etc. Rinse and repeat. Every chapter since moving from SOA to Hogwarts has been some version of the same formula. Plus absolutely no one seems to be trying to help Harry despite the way they found him and Dumbledore's guilt / McGonagall's anger etc. they've all fallen back into cannon behavior and following Dumbledore blindly. Its actually worse then cannon because they saw the physical condition for themselves!
Its a shame because it started out great and certain aspects like his getting to know the Centaurs / adventuring in the forest and such are really good but its not enough to offset the rest.
Good luck w/ your story but this is where I stop.
BMS chapter 20 . 2/7/2018
Harry's depression is beginning to make ME want to slit my wrist.
AND Why isn't anyone concerned w/ Harry's lack of Growth!
There is a difference between short and NO CHANGE in 3 years.
BMS chapter 19 . 2/7/2018
Again this is mostly cannon events, w/ simply a slightly different twist, different memories and Rookwood instead of Sirius as the escaped prisoner. You even had the Halloween attack. Parts of this are really good but since you returned to Hogwarts its not very original.
You know if Dumbles really wanted to protect Harry like you claim in your AN he'd take Harry to St. Mungos to see a mind healer or at least to see why he's not growing. He'd listen to him instead of yelling at him and telling him to grow up. Dumbledore only cares about keeping his secrets and Harry away from the world at large. At least that is the way he comes across in the way you're writing him.
BMS chapter 18 . 2/7/2018
Here's where Hermione comes across the story of SOA and news of its survivors to contact and / or inform Harry of I presume. It does beg the question why she wasn't aware of the story already though. 10,000 people being trapped in a virtual reality would have been Front Page News WORLD WIDE after all. As would their return which I'm sure Hermione's parents would have mentioned when she came home for Christmas. Especially as their bodies would need to be cared for, possibly even hospitalized on life support as they didn't have magic to preserve them. If not then they are ALL dead and Harry might as well go to the nut house now because he'll end up there as soon as he learns the truth.
I hope that at some point Harry is going to realize he's not in a game and go looking for Agil and the others because quite frankly Harry's mental state is becoming annoying and distracting from the story. Even when Harry knows he's not in a game his magic will still function the same as that's the way he sees it.
This chapter reminds me a great deal of HBP when Harry and company regressed emotionally and behaviorally for no good reason. Rather like your keep Dumbledore his guardian just to keep him from going into the "muggle" world and learning the truth doesn't explain why Harry accepts it. Hell, he could teleport to Diagon Ally and go thru the Cauldron any time he wanted too. Again for "kiss HP cannon goodbye", you're going threw some impressive pretzel logic to stay as close a possible to it. At least it seems so to me.
BMS chapter 17 . 2/7/2018
OK, I get the lack of growth. Harry doesn't expect his "avatar" to change so his magic responds by keeping him from growing. What I don't get is why Dumb-as-a-door is still his Guardian? Now that Sirius is both free and had time to heal from being in Azkaban shouldn't he be Harry's guardian?
3,489 | « Prev Page 1 .. 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 .. Last Next »