Reviews for Harry's Trek
Squidgod812 chapter 11 . 6/9
great story
RoseGarden11235813 chapter 5 . 5/31
The "one Borg queen at a time" thing IS actually a part of Star Trek lore, at least according to the books! In one of the Voyager books, there is reference to the Royal Protocol: the process by which the Borg create a new queen. It's a major plot point in the book, and Seven of Nine, in trying to help defeat the up and coming queen actually becomes the queen for the barest of seconds. Let me know if you're interested - I'll look up the name of the book.
Revliledpembroke chapter 9 . 5/20
I'm not sure which scenario for the fight I'd rather have: the one that you described or one where Harry just shouted "Sectumsempra" or "Diffindo" and castrated that fool of an Klingon.
Revliledpembroke chapter 4 . 5/20
And even then, magic is useful and utilitarian enough to kill them in far too many ways. What happens if Harry throws a steel (or similarly strong future metal) girder at the Borg? I don't think they can adapt/react to that! If they could, fighting them in melee combat, like Worf does in First Contact, wouldn't work.

Hogwarts is known to absolute kill electronics... Could Harry set it up so, in a OH MY GOD WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE! type emergency, an entire hallway kills electronics as efficiently as Hogwarts does? The Borg rely on cybernetics, after all...

The question then becomes "Are the Borg adapting to shield against ALL forms of anaphasic energy, or just the specific spells Harry is casting?" And, like I said earlier, just because you might not be able to hit them with a spell, doesn't mean you can't hit them with something thrown by a spell. Learned that from Wheel of Time with Matrim Cauthon's anti-magic medallion.
Revliledpembroke chapter 2 . 5/19
Heh. I just had an interesting thought... Harry will become (this is a re-read for me) friends with Data, Wesley, Geordi, and several other people on the ship. Will they design a Quidditch holodeck program for him? That might be fun to see in this eventual sequel you speak of.

I imagine Klingon Beaters/Chasers (the two more SMASH! positions) will become prominent, if it somehow becomes popular. Orion females could probably be Seekers or Chasers (smaller, slighter, and potentially able to use their pheromones to distract a Keeper/rival Seeker just long enough to score/catch the snitch). Vulcans wouldn't play because it isn't logical. A Romulan might make a decent Seeker as well (Vulcan-like strength to fight off an opponent, tactical thinking... it could happen). Betazeds could be fantastic in any position, able to read their opponents minds.

Sadly, that's about the extent of my knowledge on Star Trek species.
suziq968 chapter 11 . 5/17
This was a fun read. Good suspense over what was going to happen with the Klingons.
BillBrink chapter 11 . 4/11
All those in favor of a sequel raise your hands!
Come on KBO, you know you want to. Afraid your Mom will find out? It's only been 4 years! That's enough time for your muse to refresh herself and go to the powder room.
ObsessedWithHPFanFic chapter 9 . 4/9
Great chapter and Harry was great in his eating and fighting! Thanks for sharing!
Illucia chapter 11 . 4/3
This was good. I even liked Kim, which is almost a first! But I gotta say the first chapters were so brilliant that I kinda hoped it would continue on like that, without a relationship in the way. Lol.
mumphie chapter 11 . 3/14
Love it. would also love a sequel!
enji-benjy chapter 11 . 3/12
I only recently started looking at ST stories and found this. It is a good story, the final battle time/dimension travel trope is well used but it does neatly get the job done (in this case Harry onto the Enterprise). None of the characters seam overly out of character, though I think Harry acted a little 'young' at times compared to most fanfictions but it wasn't detrimentally so. I thought the Orion's being like Veela was a good touch, though shouldn't Harry have been immune (or at least nearly so) if they are the same?

All-in-all, a good read and I hope you've continued it (I haven't looked yet...) and I hope Harry finds himself back on the Enterprise before too long.
Aria DeLoncray chapter 11 . 2/25
Loved this! It’d be awesome to see a sequel.
WhiteEagle1985 chapter 11 . 1/18
I'd love to read more of this! This was a great story!
hjcallipygian chapter 11 . 1/13
I'm not very familiar with Star Trek but you did a great job of making this accessible anyway. Good story and interesting premise - I think the life of an interstellar explorer would really appeal to Harry. Hope life allows for that sequel!
Jamr chapter 11 . 1/13